Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a VPS server in New York or Boston (US NorthEast)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a VPS server in New York or Boston (US NorthEast)

deepsgodeepsgo Member
edited December 2023 in Requests

Hello all,
Thank you for helping me choose a good VPS last time in the US West. This time I need a similar type of VPS in the US East or North-East (New York or Boston); my target location is Boston.
16GB RAM, 6 vCPU cores, 100GB storage, 15-20TB bandwidth, 1GBPS port speed, full root, IPv4 + standard security. The VPS monthly cost should be under $20 or the same. If you know any reliable, trustworthy provider, please comment. (No Contabo or similar, please, who charges additional fees for location & setup.)

Comments

• Any NY VPS provider with the above-mentioned specs?

• PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

We had a black Friday special on our 8g plan that would have maybe worked if doubled. However it was paid annually.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2023

Will Allentown, PA work for you? If so, we got you covered if you can increase your budget a bit.

• RoyaleHostingRoyaleHosting Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2023

@deepsgo said:
    Hello all,
    Thank you for helping me choose a good VPS last time in the US West. This time I need a similar type of VPS in the US East or North-East (New York or Boston); my target location is Boston.
    16GB RAM, 6 vCPU cores, 100GB storage, 15-20TB bandwidth, 1GBPS port speed, full root, IPv4 + standard security. The VPS monthly cost should be under $20 or the same. If you know any reliable, trustworthy provider, please comment. (No Contabo or similar, please, who charges additional fees for location & setup.)

We can offer the specifications required in New York for 18 euros/month, please contact us through our livechat to order with the discount provided.

• jon617jon617 Veteran
    edited December 2023

There just aren't many providers in Boston. Only 'lowend' one I know is Smarthost.

A quick look at https://www.smarthost.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=362&ims=bf2022&promocode=BF2023-PLTR they do have specs that meet your requirements when upgrading the RAM, CPU, and disk space, then choose Massachusetts and select annual. I'm seeing $171/yr at the time of this comment.

That link was found here https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3803999#Comment_3803999

Now, they are very much a low-end provider. Support is fair. CPU performance is poor, network isn't full 1gbit, and their boxes reboot a bit too often for me to feel comfortable about hosting much on them.

Here's a geekbench5 of the single-CPU server (geekbench6 won't run)

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    ---------------------------------
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 261                           
    Multi Core      | 268                           

That's Pentium 4 speed.

For northeast, my preference is to host in the NYC and northern NJ area. Should add just about 8-10ms latency from Boston, and peering should be better. Keep an eye out for newyears specials.

Thanked by 1deepsgo
  • deepsgodeepsgo Member
    edited December 2023

Thank you all for helping me. I have just found the Colohouse VPS in Albany, NY; they have everything I need, check here + near my location.
    Anyone have experience with Colohouse? How is their service and support? I am planning to get the BF8 Cloud VPS.

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited December 2023

try racknerd, they do have custom plans in NY, Atlanta. Atlanta is quite near to Boston.
    never heard of Colohouse though they acquired Steadfast Networks as per crunchbase mention.

• deepsgodeepsgo Member
    edited December 2023

@JasonM said: try racknerd, they do have custom plans in NY, Atlanta. Atlanta is quite near to Boston.
    never heard of Colohouse though they acquired Steadfast Networks as per crunchbase mention.

Racknerd doesn't match my requirements

DataWagon is out of stock 😐

• DataWagonDataWagon Member, Patron Provider

@deepsgo said:

@JasonM said: try racknerd, they do have custom plans in NY, Atlanta. Atlanta is quite near to Boston.

Racknerd doesn't match my requirements

DataWagon is out of stock 😐

Should be restocked this week! Some new cool features coming also.

Thanked by 1deepsgo