Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloudflare DMCA
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloudflare DMCA

Cloudflare is spaming DMCA mails directly to host provider. Even after removing they are still sending those mail... Don't they check the URL's before dropping mail to host provider...

I'm worrying about this , please suggest a way to hide ip address to avoid sending directly to host provider.

Comments

• thanethane Member
    edited December 2023

Lol, another one... If recent hilarious altercations have taught us anything, it's that you should backup your files now because your host is probably about to delete your shit XD

• @praburam said:
    Cloudflare is spaming

Lol

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

You can always create your own content and then you'll own the rights to it.

Thanked by 1BasToTheMax
  • @praburam said: Cloudflare is spaming DMCA mails directly to host provider. Even after removing they are still sending those mail... Don't they check the URL's before dropping mail to host provider...

I've workerd closely with CF, and since last year, they've automated DMCA via online form which directly hits your hosting provider. They do not manually check for URLs mentioned. Its just auto-forwarding if all fields are correctly filled!

You can also check their WHOis, where they've removed abuse email and pointed it to abuse URL (form).

Thanked by 1AXYZE
  • Backup

• @praburam said: please suggest a way to hide ip address

read this comment about reverse proxy: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3809416/#Comment_3809416

• just use VPS ignore DMCA

Thanked by 2thane COLBYLICIOUS
  • @praburam said: Don't they check the URL's before dropping mail to host provider...

Everyday, there are tons of DMCA Emails that need to be forwarded to host providers. It would be too much work for manually checking each URLs.

@praburam said: I'm worrying about this , please suggest a way to hide ip address to avoid sending directly to host provider.

Use other than CF! Because CF as always forwards DMCA Emails to the provider that you are using.

My friends use Sucuri (paid), and it doesn't forward the DMCA Emails to the host provider. Been using it since 2019, and works well.

• Give a try with cloudflare zero trust tunnel.

• Add the allow_spam and ignore_dmca flags to a txt record for great success

Thanked by 1gbzret4d
  • Note : I didn't host any files, my AI code took the trending data and answering to that question and adding on the search engines... In my case it took a query "How to download movie some name" and it responded then it's being indexed on multiple search engines.... That's the case here and AI did'nt even given link to that content but still it's received the DMCA... I have added filter but worrying about trending data and it's answer... So I might receive multiple

• They send emails only if they get report they are not that much involve in Abuse Management

• @CodingBrackets said:
    They send emails only if they get report they are not that much involve in Abuse Management

They should first contact the person and then they have to move this complaint to host providers

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2023

If the URLs mentioned don’t even show the content they mentioned, your hosting provider can verify that and ignore them. It’s perfectly reasonable for any provider to selectively ignore DMCA notices, especially invalid ones. It’s in their best interest to ignore invalid ones. But do ask them what they’ll do if they keep getting invalid notices referencing your server, have that conversation.

• Just get an provider which can give you an ignore DMCA for your VPS.

• @praburam said: Even after removing they are still sending those mail... Don't they check the URL's before dropping mail to host provider..

Looks like this is what made me violate hostbrr's tos, even though I have deleted the content, I still get dcma from CF, send an email to hostbrr

• @horasjey said:

@praburam said: Even after removing they are still sending those mail... Don't they check the URL's before dropping mail to host provider..

Looks like this is what made me violate hostbrr's tos, even though I have deleted the content, I still get dcma from CF, send an email to hostbrr

I didn't host any files bro... It's just text content hopefully my host provider didn't block me

• 0xbkt0xbkt Member
    edited December 2023

Get a fucking VPN, run it in a container, set up cloudflared (Cloudflare Tunnel) in the same network as the VPN container, relay shit through VPN onto Cloudflare. Finally, sit back and relax and watch your VPN provider discard all the DMCA junk into the void. Easy as that. Alternatively, you can get a VPN subscription that offers static public IPs (ovpn.com is one), so you can use them in your Cloudflare DNS in place of your server's real IP.

https://github.com/cloudflare/cloudflared

• edited December 2023

@jar said:
    If the URLs mentioned don’t even show the content they mentioned, your hosting provider can verify that and ignore them. It’s perfectly reasonable for any provider to selectively ignore DMCA notices, especially invalid ones. It’s in their best interest to ignore invalid ones. But do ask them what they’ll do if they keep getting invalid notices referencing your server, have that conversation.

Exactly this. If the DMCA notices are obviously bogus there is only downsides for the host in acting upon them (losing a paying client). The host very much wants the revenue after all. It just doesn't want revenue that comes with legal problems attached.

@horasjey said:

@praburam said: Even after removing they are still sending those mail... Don't they check the URL's before dropping mail to host provider..

Did you? In your thread you've told a different story about simply removing the IP from DNS.

@praburam said:
    Don't they check the URL's before dropping mail to host provider...

It's none of their business as these notices aren't really directed at them anyways. They simply provide transit, so anything related to the actual content doesn't concern them.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

Something wrong with cloudflare.

We kicked Someone Out months ago.

Yet they still forward us DMCA for His Website while he moved elsewhere and records updated on cloudflare to this new provider

Its annoying.

So OP. Is that what you mean?

• @HostSlick said:

• @praburam said: my AI code took the trending data and answering to that question and adding on the search engines...

This is how the Internet dies.

• @Erisa said:

@praburam said: my AI code took the trending data and answering to that question and adding on the search engines...

yes, no new more content creator available to compete and future AI cant scrape the data, because it not even exist

• @Erisa said:

@praburam said: my AI code took the trending data and answering to that question and adding on the search engines...

Well, for a bit maybe. Autogenerated content used to spam search engines has been around for a very long time but each time a new variation pops up the engines come up with a new detection method and deindex it. Very little of such content keeps being indexed for long.

Thanked by 2sillycat Erisa
  • @CodingBrackets said:
    They send emails only if they get report they are not that much involve in Abuse Management

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that in case of CloudFlare

• @HostSlick said:
    Something wrong with cloudflare.

Yet they still forward us DMCA for His Website while he moved elsewhere and records updated on cloudflare to this new provider

Its annoying.

So OP. Is that what you mean?

I DMCA'd this because, well because i felt like it.

• I found the reason why DMCA Notice spam receiving from cloudflare even after content is being removed. they are sending automated mails to cloudflare by looking on search engine... if you disabled those links on your website and check on multiple search engines and delete those URL by verifying your website ownership.

• You're welcome

• @praburam said: I found the reason why DMCA Notice spam receiving from cloudflare even after content is being removed. they are sending automated mails to cloudflare by looking on search engine... if you disabled those links on your website and check on multiple search engines and delete those URL by verifying your website ownership.

there's a Cloudflare WAF Rule on BHW forum, that stops such coypright-hungry bots (who send fake notices to CF). Implement that WAF rules corretly and you're all set atleast from fake/bulk notices.