Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated with GPU (integrated or consumer-grade)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated with GPU (integrated or consumer-grade)

luissousaluissousa Member
edited December 2023 in Requests

Hi gents!

I'm looking for dedicated servers with either integrated or consumer-grade GPUs (don't want Teslas/Quadro/etc).
I won't be hammering them but expect some usage. The purpose is to record videos playing in a chrome browser - nothing that breaks any laws, I work for a music company that'll be launching TV channels soon and we're recording our TV app to get the full experience. Can send proof/documents if needed.

We're currently recording with CPU only and using ffmpeg acceleration with Tesla GPUs as we couldn't get them to work nicely with chrome - video gets buggy if chrome is launched with GPU support. I want to try it out with integrated GPUs are drivers are better on linux, and consumer-grade as maybe chrome will work better with them.

Ideally in the UK, but can accomodate other countries in the EU.
Need at least 16GB RAM and 100GB NVMe.

Thank you!

Comments

• Just wondering, why would you record a website rather than extracting the videos from the HTTP requests or similar? Seems horribly inefficient to stream, transcode, record, transcode again and save a final file - that's likely pretty costly, as well.

• @six said:
    Just wondering, why would you record a website rather than extracting the videos from the HTTP requests or similar? Seems horribly inefficient to stream, transcode, record, transcode again and save a final file - that's likely pretty costly, as well.

We have the original videos, the labels send them to us. We're not exactly streaming them for this. We have a TV app built on react that renders visuals, lyrics, and more on top of the videos. The idea is to avoid rebuilding all that using ffmpeg and other tools.

• @luissousa said:
    Hi gents!

I'm looking for dedicated servers with either integrated or consumer-grade GPUs (don't want Teslas/Quadro/etc).
    I won't be hammering them but expect some usage. The purpose is to record videos playing in a chrome browser - nothing that breaks any laws, I work for a music company that'll be launching TV channels soon and we're recording our TV app to get the full experience. Can send proof/documents if needed.

We're currently recording with CPU only and using ffmpeg acceleration with Tesla GPUs as we couldn't get them to work nicely with chrome - video gets buggy if chrome is launched with GPU support. I want to try it out with integrated GPUs are drivers are better on linux, and consumer-grade as maybe chrome will work better with them.

Ideally in the UK, but can accomodate other countries in the EU.
    Need at least 16GB RAM and 100GB NVMe.

Thank you!

Would a GT 710 work?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@lentro is your boy.
    Cheaper ones are consumer grade.
    https://console.tensordock.com/deploy

• Thanks @yoursunny! Might work @c1vhosting

I'll consider both to try out, but would first like to try an integrated GPU or AMD as I'm a bit tired of playing with nvidia drivers.

Thanked by 1c1vhosting
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2023

This could be done on our Intel servers, the ones that support iGPU have this listed as a feature. Would be cool to welcome you on board!

Dedicated Server London

• fiberstatefiberstate Member, Patron Provider

We can help out with Ryzen 7 5700G servers, many have them configured for iGPU use.

https://fiberstate.com/billing/index.php?rp=/store/bare-metal/ryzen-7

Running a promo for a free dual NVMe drive or free upgrade to 128G RAM on these $49.95/mo

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited December 2023

If you're looking for server grade hardware, the Intel Xeon E-23xxG (like the E-2386G and lower-clocked E-2356G) are pretty decent and support QuickSync. If you want to save money, you could look at the older E-22xxG models.

You may be better off with a newer consumer-grade Intel CPU though. Depends on budget and CPU requirements (core count and clock speed) too.

• @luissousa said:
    Thanks @yoursunny! Might work @c1vhosting

I'll consider both to try out, but would first like to try an integrated GPU or AMD as I'm a bit tired of playing with nvidia drivers.

What about Intel i7 7500U?

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

Check https://www.cherryservers.com/
    They have some servers with GPU's, also with customer grade onces

• Hi,

here at cherryservers.com we offer GPU servers. Most popular is with GTX1080 8GB, but we also offer different options if needed. Contact me, or check our website to get more information.

• tubehostingtubehosting Member, Host Rep

We currently have a Ryzen 9 5950X / 128GB DDR4 available with a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ti for 170€ per month. But maybe a bit overkilled GPU for your usecase