Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anybody using vpsmon?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anybody using vpsmon?

Are there any providers out there using vpsmon.com as a means to monitor their openvz nodes?

If you're using it. Does it do well what it says it does? I'm just curious because i'm on the lookout for a way to monitor containers.. at the moment i'm using htop with --configure openvz to show the CTID in the column, Unless some of you may know a better way? Htop is just getting to be a pain now scrolling endlessy and sorting it and such, kind of hard to do now since when it's over 17 containers on the node.

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2013

I contacted them a long time ago for Catalyst and they apparently weren't interested. From the way they present themselves it seems they only want people to test it who are willing to go all in with multiple nodes to test it. Yeah no thanks. If it sucks, it ruins the whole business at once.

Use Nodewatch.

• Nodewatch seems quite interesting, taking a look at it now. Thanks! @jarland

Oh wow, I didn't know they wanted only people to go in with all nodes, that's a big risk.

• We're using it on all of our nodes, and have been using it for a few months. It's very much so still a beta and has some issues on their server-side of things, but it's being improved and works quite nicely -- just needs a bit more work to be stable.

• @jarland - on Nodewatch's website:

'Some nodes host up to 400 VPS'

Just OMG!