Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner down

NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep
edited December 2023 in Outages

Hetzner is currently down.

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Interesting - is it affecting all locations or not?

It's not power related, as our equipment in NBG-DC2 is up and running, but we utilize our own blend, so not relying on Hetzner.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

I have a service that is currently running fine at Hetzner.

• Just the website is down, my server is running fine...

• Hetzner is deadpool ing :(

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

Works for me

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

They are back online now. Maybe a DDOS?

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

Whatever, just a small load balancer reboot :D

• Don't be so jumpy.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Their website actually seems to go down a lot. Though it's been a good while since I've seen it, it's just been a good number of times that I've seen it happen.

Thanked by 2NetDynamics24 emgh
  • My servers works fine, the website is also up now.

• A website being down is far from various services being down.
    That's usually the case with providers; The user's panel may be inaccessible for example but services work and respond.

• @yusra said:
    A website being down is far from various services being down.
    That's usually the case with providers; The user's panel may be inaccessible for example but services work and respond.

A provider's website being down is a clear sign their whole company will be deadpool within the next 24 hours.

Source: PhD in LETology

• Relax bro

• There was no issue on my server, everything was normal.

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

@jar said:
    Their website actually seems to go down a lot. Though it's been a good while since I've seen it, it's just been a good number of times that I've seen it happen.

That's true! It has happened many times.

• davidedavide Member
    edited December 2023

@NetDynamics24 said:

@jar said:

You don't say...

What alternative provider would you recommend, @NetDynamics24?

Why I smell curry.

@davide said:

@NetDynamics24 said:

@jar said:

You don't say...

What alternative provider would you recommend, @NetDynamics24?

Why I smell curry.

While I do think @NetDynamics24 resells some Hetzner boxes, and is mostly a reseller (but not entirely), there’s some value to be had. Dude is ready at any hour to take a ticket, it’s great.

Thanked by 1NetDynamics24
  • ya @NetDynamics24 is great, I mean I don't see any other host this season offering large storage at sub $2/tb with 10gb unless you bought a dedi. or where apart of the crunch train

Thanked by 1NetDynamics24
  • Hetzner has a status page: https://status.hetzner.com/

• @tentor said:
    Works for me

They should've deployed it in containers so that it works for everyone

@nqservices said:
    Hetzner has a status page: https://status.hetzner.com/

Would be funny if it's hosted in their network (It probably is)

• emghemgh Member
    edited December 2023

@jar said:

My server with them went doen, it wasn’t responding and the errors were logged in their own cloud console for the server under ”Activities”, this was a while ago

Their website, per usual, went down too

Their support said I was wrong, my server wasn’t down and neither was their website

The source wasn’t ”trust me bro” but very close, it was ”we’d know” lmao

Edit: So maybe we’re all hallucinating now as well

Thanked by 1jar

@emgh said:

@jar said:

My server with them went doen, it wasn’t responding and the errors were logged in their own cloud console for the server under ”Activities”, this was a while ago

Their support said I was wrong, my server wasn’t down and neither was their website

Yikes. I guess that's acceptable if it's not a common problem or a common response. You'll always get some techs that blow things off when you scale up a bit.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @jar said:

@emgh said:

@jar said:

Yikes. I guess that's acceptable if it's not a common problem or a common response. You'll always get some techs that blow things off when you scale up a bit.

Thanked by 1jar

@emgh said:

@jar said:

@emgh said:

@jar said:

Thanked by 1emgh
    edited December 2023

@jugganuts said: or where apart of the crunch train

Man, good luck to anyone else. These 32TB @crunchbits VPS are amazing little backup boxes. Snatching them up as I can for US-based backups.

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • @jar said:

Man, good luck to anyone else. These 32TB @crunchbits VPS are amazing little backup boxes. Snatching them up as I can for US-based backups.

Do you have any recommended tools for LowEndCustomers to perform email backups by any chance?

Thanked by 1jar

@Moopah said:

@jar said:

Do you have any recommended tools for LowEndCustomers to perform email backups by any chance?

I really really like this: https://www.mailbackupx.com

I tried to negotiate a discount with them for my users, but they couldn't seem to get the coupon code working.

Thanked by 1Smigit
  • @jar said:

@Moopah said:

@jar said:

I tried to negotiate a discount with them for my users, but they couldn't seem to get the coupon code working.

No Linux support, I'm extremely sad.

• @jar said:

@Moopah said:

@jar said:

Looks like they still are running a Black Friday deal on the personal edition, $20 down from $79. Might check it out.

Thanked by 1jar
  • It is absurd to say that the whole network is down for something that concerns only Hetzner's own site.