Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

st-hosting experience?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

st-hosting experience?

So, grabbed bf offer. Since then there was total of 40min. of downtime. Seems heavily oversold nodes. Anyone experiencing the same?

@sthosting any explanation?

Comments

• ArkasArkas Moderator

My experience with them was great, very high quality stuff.

• edited December 2023

Yep, seconded. Good people and good quality. Not sure what was up with the BF offer (which i don't own) but downtime in general is very rare.

• sthostingsthosting Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2023

@LTniger said:
    So, grabbed bf offer. Since then there was total of 40min. of downtime. Seems heavily oversold nodes. Anyone experiencing the same?

We don't have oversold it, we got an I/O Problem on one of our Hostsystems. For the troubleshooting process (to find out the defective drive) it was necessary to reboot the hostsystem two times.
    This was announced on our statuspage. I'm sorry for this, but this topic wasn't a normal behavior. The drive wasn't just defective, it dropped the I/O performance in spikes, so it was a "dream" to troubleshoot it :D

At least we have identified the defective part, exchanged it and now the performance is normally again.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • @sthosting said:

@LTniger said:

We don't have oversold it, we got an I/O Problem on one of our Hostsystems. For the troubleshooting process (to find out the defective drive) it was necessary to reboot the hostsystem two times.
    This was announced on our statuspage. I'm sorry for this, but this topic wasn't a normal behavior. The drive wasn't just defective, it dropped the I/O performance in spikes, so it was a "dream" to troubleshoot it :D

repent with some flash deals

Thanked by 1SwordfishBE

@cybertech said:

@sthosting said:

@LTniger said:

I hope you don't repent the decision to buy our flash deal (if yes, please feel free to contact me that we can talk about this) :)

• @sthosting said:

@cybertech said:

@sthosting said:

@LTniger said:

I hope you don't repent the decision to buy our flash deal (if yes, please feel free to contact me that we can talk about this) :)

no i meant you repent with more flash deals for us hahahaa

Thanked by 1SwordfishBE

@cybertech said:

@sthosting said:

@cybertech said:

@sthosting said:

@LTniger said:

no i meant you repent with more flash deals for us hahahaa

Ah I see :D - Sorry for that hehe :D

Let me think about it^^

Thanked by 1SwordfishBE
  • @LeroyJ said:

There is something definitely wrong with the IO performance on these hosts where BF 2023 Deal VPSes were placed:( One positive thing - guys behind this company are great, helpfull and I strongly hope, that all of these problems will be fixed in near future.

• I've had a VPS for a few months with them. Never noticed any problems. Performance and stability seems to be at an excellent level.

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • @rimvydukas said:

@LeroyJ said:

There is something definitely wrong with the IO performance on these hosts where BF 2023 Deal VPSes were placed:( One positive thing - guys behind this company are great, helpfull and I strongly hope, that all of these problems will be fixed in near future.

I have a slight suspicion that the amount of LET clientele on that box might play somewhat of a role.

• As stated today on the status page, there are some I/O problems and they are about to fix it.

I have been with ST-Hosting for years, and they are doing a great job and are very reliable.

• @ontheair said:
    As stated today on the status page, there are some I/O problems and they are about to fix it.

I have been with ST-Hosting for years, and they are doing a great job and are very reliable.

IO problems is repeating. Not one or few time occurence. I have v6node, which is way more performant and resource stable. So, there is always room for improvement.

Thanked by 1v3ng
  • My experience with them is pretty decent to be honest, there would be an case like this, where a major hardware/technical problem occurs. But the good thing is they are doing fast actions even its past midnight and it will be on their status page anyways

• My experience with them was pretty good too. Serious company.

• @LeroyJ said:

@ontheair said:
    As stated today on the status page, there are some I/O problems and they are about to fix it.

IO problems is repeating. Not one or few time occurence. I have v6node, which is way more performant and resource stable. So, there is always room for improvement.

At least you have chicken.

Thanked by 1Levi