All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.
New Computer problems
I have a problem with my computer. I built the computer myself, and every time I start a game like FiveM or Fortnite, there's a chance I get a blue screen. 80% of the time, I experience a crash, and occasionally, I can start and play without issues, but once it's up and running, it doesn't crash anymore. Fortnite crashes only with DirectX 12 or DirectX 11, but if I set it to low performance, I can play without issues. When I use the computer for regular tasks and not for gaming, it works fine, and I don't get blue screens.
OS: Windows 11 Home 64-bit
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z790 AORUS ELITE AX (U3E1)
Graphics Card: 4089MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ti (ASUStek Computer Inc) ( showed in speccy)
Storage: 1863GB Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2TB
CPU: Intel Core i9 14900KF
RAM: Corsair DDR5 Vengeance RGB 2x16GB 6000 memory modules
Power Supply: Corsair RM850x PSU
Monitors (these are also new):
1st Monitor: Samsung C24F390 60Hz
2nd Monitor: Samsung C24F390 60Hz
3rd Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G7 4K 140Hz
Things I've already tried:
- Updating all drivers.
- Updating the motherboard BIOS (latest version is installed).
- Checking the computer cables.
- Purchasing a power meter and connecting my computer to it to monitor power usage. In -normal use, it consumes 150-200 watts, and when I start Fortnite, it goes up to around 500 watts.
- Reinstalling Windows 11 and then not installing any drivers except for the video card to see if I still experience crashes (it still crashes with a blue screen).
- Checking the dxdiag log, but I didn't find anything unusual. I can include the log if needed.
- Manually installing video card drivers.
In summary, the computer works fine under normal conditions like browsing the web, but when I start a game, there's an 80% chance of getting a blue screen or the game crashing. Some games don't seem to have this issue, like City Skylines 2 (so far). Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this, or any suggestions for things I can try?
Point of attention: With my 4K screen, when I start up my computer, the motherboard logo flashes. If I disconnect the screen and use my normal screen, it does not flash, but I still have crashes. (the entire screen then flashes until Windows loads, then it works properly again)