Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can any server host match or beat this?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can any server host match or beat this?

themagothemago Member
edited December 2023 in Requests

I need 5-8 servers like this:

1230*, 16G, 4x4T, 1G Unmetered
Starting from
€47,49

Which is offered from Hostingby.design

I don't care what CPU, as long as it has 4x4tb sata drives and 1gbps unmetered for the same or better price

Also should be lenient with DMCA notices (allowing 24 hours to remove content without threatening to shut down servers if more notices come in) - I'm moving away from Hostingby.design because they are threatening to suspend my servers after receiving a few DMCA reports (all of which I respond to once they send them)

--

Alternatively I need roughly 120tb of video hosting that works out to about the same price (600-700$) without running into bottlenecks with bandwidth or i/o requests

Comments

• jayjayjayjay Member, Host Rep

@themago said:

Starting from
    €47,49

I don't care what CPU, as long as it has 4x4tb sata drives and 1gbps unmetered for the same or better price

Also should be lenient with DMCA notices (allowing 24 hours to remove content without threatening to shut down servers if more notices come in) - I'm moving away from Hostingby.design because they are threatening to suspend my servers after receiving a few DMCA reports (all of which I respond to once they send them)

--

Alternatively I need roughly 120tb of video hosting that works out to about the same price (600-700$) without running into bottlenecks with bandwidth or i/o requests

Are 5-8 servers a must? I have bigger servers (more RAM, potential for much more disk) in the Netherlands but theyre more expensive. It may suffice depending on the reasons behind needing multiple servers.

To give you an example
    2 x Xeon E5-2650L v3 (24 cores)
    128 GB RAM DDR4
    400 GB SSD
    1 x 18TB HDD (can add many more)
    1 Gbit Unmetered

For about 150€/mo - which I can work on based on commitment period / number of servers.

• PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

How often are you getting DMCA notices?
    Some providers are more picky than others. Ideally a few a month is no big deal but if you're getting them everyday or every other day it's best to look for a provider who does nothing at all about it.

24 hours notice should be alright from most companies.
    You also state "Starting from 47.49" is that the actual price you're paying or are you paying more?

• themagothemago Member
    edited December 2023

@jayjay said:

@themago said:

Starting from
    €47,49

--

Are 5-8 servers a must? I have bigger servers (more RAM, potential for much more disk) in the Netherlands but theyre more expensive. It may suffice depending on the reasons behind needing multiple servers.

To give you an example
    128 GB RAM DDR4
    400 GB SSD
    1 Gbit Unmetered

For about 150€/mo - which I can work on based on commitment period / number of servers.

5-8 servers are a must because each server has a 1Gbit connection, so if I have 5-8 servers with 1Gbit each, it's better than less servers with more storage space but only 1Gbit

The same for the drives, one drive with 18TB might get overloaded with i/o usage a lot faster than 4 drives with 4tb each.

• @PureVoltage said:
    How often are you getting DMCA notices?
    Some providers are more picky than others. Ideally a few a month is no big deal but if you're getting them everyday or every other day it's best to look for a provider who does nothing at all about it.

24 hours notice should be alright from most companies.
    You also state "Starting from 47.49" is that the actual price you're paying or are you paying more?

That's the actual price I'm paying
    Notices about 5-10 a month all taken care of within 24 hours (usually within one hour)

• @themago said: 5-8 servers are a must because each server has a 1Gbit connection, so if I have 5-8 servers with 1Gbit each, it's better than less servers with more storage space but only 1Gbit

You might want to get servers with 10Gbps or 40Gbps connection instead. Even if you have 8 servers with 1Gbps network, they could all be in the same rack and share the same upstream connection.

@themago said:

@jayjay said:

@themago said:

Starting from
    €47,49

--

To give you an example
    128 GB RAM DDR4
    400 GB SSD
    1 Gbit Unmetered

5-8 servers are a must because each server has a 1Gbit connection, so if I have 5-8 servers with 1Gbit each, it's better than less servers with more storage space but only 1Gbit

The same for the drives, one drive with 18TB might get overloaded with i/o usage a lot faster than 4 drives with 4tb each.

Fair, as @Daniel15 said they could all be in the same rack and still have a bottleneck anyway. What if I added more disks on the server? Like say another 2-3 x 18 TB HDD?

Could up the bandwidth too - e.g 1.5 Gbit Unmetered. The servers we have are all on 10 Gbit Ports already, so bottleneck isnt an issue. You get 10Gbit incoming anyway, its just outgoing is capped to 1 Gbit (or whatever you purchase e.g 1.2 Gbit, 1.5, 2 Gbit etc)

• @Daniel15 said:

@themago said: 5-8 servers are a must because each server has a 1Gbit connection, so if I have 5-8 servers with 1Gbit each, it's better than less servers with more storage space but only 1Gbit

You might want to get servers with 10Gbps or 40Gbps connection instead. Even if you have 8 servers with 1Gbps network, they could all be in the same rack and share the same upstream connection.

I've tried that but anything I see for 10Gbps is usually metered at 100TB and I'm pretty sure my servers use around 280TB each per month

For Unmetered, and that much disk space, a single server usually ends up being far more expensive than what I'm currently paying, but I'm open to offers and suggestions

• @jayjay said:

@themago said:

@jayjay said:

@themago said:

Starting from
    €47,49

--

To give you an example
    128 GB RAM DDR4
    400 GB SSD
    1 Gbit Unmetered

Fair, as @Daniel15 said they could all be in the same rack and still have a bottleneck anyway. What if I added more disks on the server? Like say another 2-3 x 18 TB HDD?

Could up the bandwidth too - e.g 1.5 Gbit Unmetered. The servers we have are all on 10 Gbit Ports already, so bottleneck isnt an issue. You get 10Gbit incoming anyway, its just outgoing is capped to 1 Gbit (or whatever you purchase e.g 1.2 Gbit, 1.5, 2 Gbit etc)

Anything that works out to about the same amount of storage space, bandwidth and price I would consider

I don't need expensive cpus or a lot of ram, they are video storage servers only for streaming

@themago said:

@Daniel15 said:

@themago said: 5-8 servers are a must because each server has a 1Gbit connection, so if I have 5-8 servers with 1Gbit each, it's better than less servers with more storage space but only 1Gbit

I've tried that but anything I see for 10Gbps is usually metered at 100TB and I'm pretty sure my servers use around 280TB each per month

For Unmetered, and that much disk space, a single server usually ends up being far more expensive than what I'm currently paying, but I'm open to offers and suggestions

Another example:

128 GB RAM DDR4
    400 GB SSD
    4 x 18TB HDD (can add many more)
    1 Gbit Unmetered

270€/mo (+about 30-40€ if we upgrade to 1.5 Gbit Unmetered)

• @jayjay said:

@themago said:

@Daniel15 said:

Another example:

128 GB RAM DDR4
    400 GB SSD
    1 Gbit Unmetered

What country?

@themago said:

@jayjay said:

@themago said:

@Daniel15 said:

Another example:

128 GB RAM DDR4
    400 GB SSD
    1 Gbit Unmetered

What country?

The Netherlands

• @jayjay said:

@themago said:

@jayjay said:

@themago said:

@Daniel15 said:

Another example:

128 GB RAM DDR4
    400 GB SSD
    1 Gbit Unmetered

What country?

The Netherlands

Instead of 4x18tb, would something like 8x9tb be possible?

@themago said:

@jayjay said:

@themago said:

@jayjay said:

@themago said:

@Daniel15 said:

Another example:

128 GB RAM DDR4
    400 GB SSD
    1 Gbit Unmetered

What country?

The Netherlands

Instead of 4x18tb, would something like 8x9tb be possible?

Yep, we can offer 6 TB HDD's instead of 18 TB.

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2023

Our offer:

Dual Xeon E5-2630Lv2, 128GB RAM, 12 x 10TB SAS HDD, 1Gbps unmetered, Hardware RAID, Utah, Subnet /29 for only $139/mo!

More storage servers here:
    https://www.netdynamics24.com/client/order.php?step=1&productGroup=18

• @NetDynamics24 said:
    Our offer:

Dual Xeon E5-2630Lv2, 128GB RAM, 12 x 10TB SAS HDD, 1Gbps unmetered, Hardware RAID, Utah, Subnet /29 for only $139/mo!

Terrible idea to put it on Hetzner, they are insanely strict with DMCA related stuff.

• emghemgh Member
    edited December 2023

Can any server host beat deez n

😌🙏🤓😱🙅‍♂️🏳️‍🌈😩😇😏☯️☪️✡️✝️😂🥹😝

• @yasmeen said:

@NetDynamics24 said:
    Our offer:

Terrible idea to put it on Hetzner, they are insanely strict with DMCA related stuff.

This is resold webNX, not Hetzner.

• @fluffernutter said:

@yasmeen said:

@NetDynamics24 said:
    Our offer:

My bad, seems like they resell Hetzner in Germany.
    I always wondered, what is the value added? They don't even accept crypto, only payment methods that Hetzner also accepts. Unless you need managed services, it seems like a bad deal.

• @yasmeen said:

@fluffernutter said:

@yasmeen said:

@NetDynamics24 said:
    Our offer:

I always wondered, what is the value added?

Basically nothing, they're sometimes cheaper than going direct but it's also a one man show, and since it's a reseller you also have to worry about their other clients being abusive and getting their accounts suspended. They have backup storage which is sort of nice, but I'd never get a dedi from them.

Thanked by 2yasmeen bench
  • NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2023

@fluffernutter said:

@yasmeen said:

@NetDynamics24 said:
    Our offer:

You can't find it in webnx though. And now you can't find it in us either as it is already sold out! One of our best value for money products.