Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alexhost Feedback - What you want to see / Expect?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alexhost Feedback - What you want to see / Expect?

alexhostalexhost Member, Patron Provider

Hello,

As we all know, not all services are perfect and not all products are appreciated.

We've opened this thread to gather feedback on what you'd like to see in our services. Anything that should be improved? Anything we should offer that you're waiting for?

All feedback is welcome, we are always listening to our customers and opinions in a constructive way.

We welcome your feedback (even if you have a service with us) and you can leave your opinion on what you would like to see, be it new services or improvements.

We'll have more news soon!

Feedback - About new products
  1. which new product would you like to see?68 votes
    1. VPS Storage
      51.47%
    2. AMD Ryzen VPS
      48.53%
  2. VPS Metered or Unmetered?68 votes
    1. VPS 100Mbps / 1Gbps unmetered
      55.88%
    2. VPS 1Gbps (1TB, 2TB, 5TB, 10TB Bandwidth)
      44.12%
  3. New location68 votes
    1. Sweden
      35.29%
    2. Finland
      10.29%
    3. Norway
      16.18%
    4. Other (comment below which country)
      38.24%

Comments

• Sweden should fit you the best.

Thanked by 3alexhost gbzret4d emgh
  • Amd ryzen min 3000 series
    Current CPU is too slow

It's okay if not 1Gbps, but atleast 200Mbps unmetered

For storage, it must 1Gbps

• @dosai said:
    Bring back the ~$15 per year vps.

+1

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

$7/yr VPS. No one will say no to that

• @FAT32 said:
    $7/yr VPS. No one will say no to that

absolutely correct

• New location: MIlan Italy

• 1Gig boxes, Sweden location(please be as "exotic" with upstream as possible, there are a few hosts/datacenters there that would be fine with your MD AUP), Ryzen or any high-freq cpu will do it.

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • I am interested in migrating free DNS hosting from Cloudflare to AlexHost. This would require the ability to hide a web host's IP address. Cloudflare's name for this is, "proxy", or "DNS proxy". First, may we please confirm that AlexHost does or does not provide this exact function?

• AbyNikeAbyNike Member
    edited December 2023

@Turbo_Pascal said:
    I am interested in migrating free DNS hosting from Cloudflare to AlexHost. This would require the ability to hide a web host's IP address. Cloudflare's name for this is, "proxy", or "DNS proxy". First, may we please confirm that AlexHost does or does not provide this exact function?

No, its not what DNS does.
    If you need proxying and a similar service to Cloudflare free, I can recommend gcore.com, they have 1TB of bandwidth for free.

Thanked by 1Turbo_Pascal
  • DMCA ignored cheap NAT storage servers

• zGatozGato Member
    edited December 2023

bring these 2 back, i'm actually begging at this point, i want to add moldova to my idler collection.

• @kait said:
    Sweden should fit you the best.

Why?

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • @AbyNike said:

@Turbo_Pascal said:
    I am interested in migrating free DNS hosting from Cloudflare to AlexHost. This would require the ability to hide a web host's IP address. Cloudflare's name for this is, "proxy", or "DNS proxy". First, may we please confirm that AlexHost does or does not provide this exact function?

No, its not what DNS does.
    If you need proxying and a similar service to Cloudflare free, I can recommend gcore.com, they have 1TB of bandwidth for free.

How is gcore compared to cloudflare if dmca reports are incoming?

• edited December 2023

Yeah, some cheap plan. I don't mind if it's a tiny package. Something like:

1 vCore 128-512MB RAM, 1-3GB HDD $15-20/y

• +1 for a small annual plan in Moldova

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • tsofttsoft Member
    edited December 2023

Good network.

possible to hit spammers in the networks?

NL is unusable for mail (

• alexhostalexhost Member, Patron Provider

@bgerard said:
    +1 for a small annual plan in Moldova

@tsoft said:
    Good network.

possible to hit spammers in the networks?

NL is unusable for mail (

Hi guys.

Thanks for all votes and feedback.
    We will try to bring something like that.

If someone have any more suggestion about our network or product.
    Feel free to comment here.

If possible try to vote in the poll. ;)

Kindly Regards.
    alexhost

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • Good laws compared to other shitholes, also a great network.

• @kait said:

Good laws compared to other shitholes, also a great network.

Switzerland and norway got better privacy protection laws afaik

• @gbzret4d said: Switzerland and norway got better privacy protection laws afaik

Switzerland was not an option and is an expensive location, and I don't know about norway.

• @kait said:

@gbzret4d said: Switzerland and norway got better privacy protection laws afaik

Switzerland was not an option and is an expensive location, and I don't know about norway.

"Other"

• @gbzret4d said: "Other"

Its an expensive location, doesn't fit with their brand.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2023

Less spam/phishing. I can find indicators of it by just casually browsing PTR records. I just randomly picked a /24 and anyone with a trained eye can see this whole /24 looks like more spam than not: https://bgp.he.net/net/85.239.34.0/24#_dnsrecords

My favorite is netflix-securrlogiin[.]info.

Here's another I just randomly picked: https://bgp.he.net/net/193.233.161.0/24#_dnsrecords

Such gems as netflixaccounte[.]com, dhl-track-parcel[.]com, christushaelth[.]org. Looks like the phishing crowd knows where to shop.

• slimbroslimbro Member
    edited December 2023

Maybe upgrade the current unmanaged vps ports speed
    Promo 1 Core port 100 Mbps
    Promo 2 Cores port 300 Mbps
    Promo 4 Cores port 500 Mbps

• newzealand vps pls.

• yasmeenyasmeen Member
    edited December 2023

@jar said:
    Less spam/phishing. I can find indicators of it by just casually browsing PTR records. I just randomly picked a /24 and anyone with a trained eye can see this whole /24 looks like more spam than not: https://bgp.he.net/net/85.239.34.0/24#_dnsrecords

Here's another I just randomly picked: https://bgp.he.net/net/193.233.161.0/24#_dnsrecords

Such gems as netflixaccounte[.]com, dhl-track-parcel[.]com, christushaelth[.]org. Looks like the phishing crowd knows where to shop.

Didn't you accuse them of running a spamming operation, and were so confident you were willing to go court and testify just to get destroyed with 5 minutes of research and back off?
    Not the first time you accuse them of spam, last time it didnt go well.
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3655441/#Comment_3655441

You were going under various different threads and accusing them of being "Contrust Solutions" and running a criminal operation, at their place I would sue your ass. In now deleted comment you even said you are willing to take legal responsibility for your words.

Thanked by 3jar sillycat ledo
  • Definitely cheap annual box. Low specs are OK but please make it cheap.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2023

@yasmeen said:

@jar said:

Didn't you accuse them of running a spamming operation, and were so confident you were willing to go court and testify just to get destroyed with 5 minutes of research and back off?
    Not the first time you accuse them of spam, last time it didnt go well.
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3655441/#Comment_3655441

You were going under various different threads and accusing them of being "Contrust Solutions" and running a criminal operation, at their place I would sue your ass. In now deleted comment you even said you are willing to take legal responsibility for your words.

Yeah, and then shortly after that the spam from their network skyrocketed and I had to block their ASN. Maybe I unintentionally gave someone ideas. Thanks for keeping score.

• been using your service for year now with no problem . it would be great to provide a year ipv6 promo for more storage like 20 Gb would be ok.

Thanked by 1alexhost