Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does AAAA record on previous host affects the new one without AAAA record?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does AAAA record on previous host affects the new one without AAAA record?

I need help with a recent transfer since after the transfer, clients using iOS device are unable to access the website.

In zone editor of the previous host, I can see the AAAA record, but the new host does not have any AAAA record.

So should I delete the AAAA record at previous host or is there anything I can do at the new host?

Comments

• Honestly, i am not sure if i can follow you.

DNS resolution has generally nothing to do with the device itself. It does not matter if you use FireFox in iOS or Debian. After TTL expired, the data should be fresh.

Maybe your domain is still pointing to your old NS?

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@baxic said:
    I need help with a recent transfer since after the transfer, clients using iOS device are unable to access the website.

In zone editor of the previous host, I can see the AAAA record, but the new host does not have any AAAA record.

So should I delete the AAAA record at previous host or is there anything I can do at the new host?

I'm assuming you have changed NS and TTL hasn't expired yet.

Go to popular DNS servers(8.8.8.8,1.1.1.1,etc) and purge AAAA records.

• @TheBoy said:
    Honestly, i am not sure if i can follow you.

DNS resolution has generally nothing to do with the device itself. It does not matter if you use FireFox in iOS or Debian. After TTL expired, the data should be fresh.

Maybe your domain is still pointing to your old NS?

I thought so too, strange. With the previous host which has AAAA records, it works on all devices, no issues. Now that I've transferred to another host, the domain no longer works on these iPhone. Other devices, pc to android works as expected.

I've checked DNS propagation status and they're all seem fine. The only difference is the AAAA record with the old host and lack of them with the new host.

• @FatGrizzly said:

@baxic said:

I suspect that's the issue too. Something like flushdns probably would work on pc. But most of the iPhone users at the client's office are not exactly the savvy types. I cleared years of history and website data on a guy's phone. Also the general idea they seem to have is if it doesn't work on iphone, it doesn't work.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@baxic said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@baxic said:

I suspect that's the issue too. Something like flushdns probably would work on pc. But most of the iPhone users at the client's office are not exactly the savvy types. I cleared years of history and website data on a guy's phone. Also the general idea they seem to have is if it doesn't work on iphone, it doesn't work.

Purging it on the resolver side should work, unless iPhones use a very special caching resolver.

Sorry I'm not an Apple user and I dunno how it works.