Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChatGPT AI responses & replies by hosts
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChatGPT AI responses & replies by hosts

armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

Well, it might be just me but something triggers within me when i see a host using all their replies & responses with AI generated content..

So much fancy grammar and perfect replies, feels so off.

It's been some time since i've seen some 'sister/mother' english level.

What do you guys think?

?
  1. Should hosts in particular use AI generated content incase of bad english?51 votes
    1. YES
      29.41%
    2. Dunno / dont care
      27.45%
    3. No, let me see that bad grammar so i can be a naz!
      43.14%

Comments

• Maybe they'll start requesting the AI to make responses with grammar mistakes so that it can seem more authentic, lol.

• Moreover it's getting annoying seeing the exact same writing style. Moreover it's getting annoying seeing the exact same types of words used in responses across many different services and providers that were never used normally before. Moreover ai uses a lot.of words I just find annoying. Moreover it's cringe seeing ppl and companies try passing ai generated content off as their own, especially for tech support issues where the AI generated content doesn't even make sense in relation to the issue.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I hope this message finds you well

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

But, but ... aren't mindless canned responses with correct grammar so much betterer?!

• davidedavide Member
    edited December 2023

@jsg said:
    But, but ... aren't mindless canned responses with correct grammar so much betterer?!

They aren't truly canned if they react to whatever garbage the user throws at them. Truly canned responses are those I get whenever I submit a complaint to the Italian postal monopoly asking where are the packages that I shipped in October and no one ever received. I even sent a Pater Noster prayer. There's no one on the other side, yet it takes them a week to reply with the same template that says all is good, that Poste Italiane listens carefully to its customers, and that it constantly improves to better serve the nation. The responses don't even acknowledge my questions, or the prayer.

The only user input consumed by the template generator is the package tracking number, which is printed as-is on the response message. Nothing else.

Thanked by 1ragtop4
  • @jar said:
    I hope this message finds you well

Lassie, is that you???

Thanked by 1jar
  • Better A.I replies than shit that none understands

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

AI is for long and soulless texts. If you would like to correct misspellings there was a tool for that already - translators!

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @armandorg said: So much fancy grammar and perfect replies, feels so off.

That's because of the input that these language models were exposed too. It won't be long before it mimics the subtle mistakes and ups and downs to the degree that it will become impossible to distinguish from the wordings of a human being.

• So this is a new low for humankind!? Using proper grammar and vocabulary is too complicated for some?

@jmaxwell said:
    Better A.I replies than shit that none understands

Funny enough thanks to GPT I am able to understand Indians' English and whatever young people are speaking these day.

• rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

This is future of humanity. Just recall how couple of lovers message each other? They use lot of emoji and abbreviature like OK, LOL, WOW. Compare this with love mail in XIX century. They are issued as books.
    Humanity go to simplification, standardization and minimization and who knows maybe we will use byte code for speaking.

• @rustelekom said:
    This is future of humanity. Just recall how couple of lovers message each other? They use lot of emoji and abbreviature like OK, LOL, WOW. Compare this with love mail in XIX century. They are issued as books.

ngl tm books r kinda cringe

• davidedavide Member
    edited December 2023

@rustelekom said:
    Humanity go to simplification, standardization and minimization and who knows maybe we will use byte code for speaking.

Bruh, that is called survivorship bias, only the best of the stuff is preserved over time. My great grandpas could barely read the numbers on the banknotes.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

For the sake of fairness: as humans, at least in the western world, get ever more stupid it's maybe not all bad that AI compensates somewhat. In theory. Practically, I fear, we are not that far away from the point that the two drift apart quickly and at some point AI decides that 90% of mankind has become udeless ballast ...

• davidedavide Member
    edited December 2023

@jsg said:
    For the sake of fairness: as humans, at least in the western world, get ever more stupid it's maybe not all bad that AI compensates somewhat. In theory. Practically, I fear, we are not that far away from the point that the two drift apart quickly and at some point AI decides that 90% of mankind has become udeless ballast ...

When was peak humanity? Shot a date!

Hint: you can use date -d @${RANDOM}${RANDOM} to intelligently aid your estimation with no need to think!