Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

JetBackup License Price Adjustment
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

JetBackup License Price Adjustment

handyhosthandyhost Member, Host Rep

JetBackup has increased their pricing

Thank you for being a loyal and consistent JetBackup customer. Your satisfaction means a lot to us, and we hope we’ve been successful in providing you with an excellent backup product and customer service.

After carefully analyzing our increased costs due to the same inflationary environment that has impacted other providers in the hosting industry over the last few years, we found that in order to properly reflect the value of our product and included services, continue providing our customers with a cutting-edge feature-rich backup software, procure and build our innovative development team, and deliver world-class support, we will be increasing the price of JetBackup licenses as follows:

Effective today, December 1st, 2023, all newly purchased retail JetBackup licenses will be: $8.95/month | $89.95/year

As a loyal and consistent JetBackup customer, we would like to extend the current rate of your existing JetBackup licenses on your account for an additional three (3) months until February 29th, 2024.

On March 1st, 2024, all existing JetBackup licenses within your account will be adjusted to: $8.95/month | $89.95/year

If you have any questions regarding this price adjustment, please do not hesitate to reach out to us by email, chat, or phone. We are here to assist you and address any inquiries you may have regarding this announcement.

Once Again, we extend our gratitude for your trust and dedication to Jetapps as we strive to maintain JetBackup’s place as the #1 backup software in the hosting industry!

Comments

• at least the price increase not like per user base.

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

50% price increase! This is very aggressive and much higher than the average world inflation!

• Wow, a 50% price increase and blame on inflation? When did we have 50% inflation? I'm glad I'm moving infrastructure away from Jetbackup and Webpros, soon won't be getting any $ from me!

Jetbackup is being ballsy for as garbage as their product is too. 1 of the 4 times I needed a backup in a disaster situation their backup was corrupted and unusable. Luckily I've always run multiple redundant backups systems.

50% increase due to inflation, lol okay f you too JB.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • Has anyone heard of synconix?

I have seen it on the jetapps website in the option to subscribe as a partner (you can select it as a competidor)

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2023

@thane said: When did we have 50% inflation?

Overall inflation 2021,2023,2023 has been 17.60%. It depends on when they last did a price increase.
    Some things like eggs have seen 70% inflation year over year

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider

@thane said: I'm glad I'm moving infrastructure away from Jetbackup and Webpros

What are you moving to?

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@ezeth said:

What are you moving to?

Acronis probably.

• @handyhost said:
    JetBackup has increased their pricing

Fuck .. I got that notice as well. I was planning to use them more and got 5 monthly license like a week ago :(

Looks like I will me needing a different tool moving forward.

Thanked by 1handyhost
  • @FatGrizzly said:

Acronis probably.

I have tried to contact them at least 4 times now. Filling up their form. They never get back to me. (Not sure why). If you know a decent place to get their license, please do let me know.

The "hosted" solution one of my provider has is too expensive for large setup. (Effective if you have multiple servers to backup with only small storage used).

• @ezeth said:

@thane said: When did we have 50% inflation?

Overall inflation 2021,2023,2023 has been 17.60%. It depends on when they last did a price increase.
    Some things like eggs have seen 70% inflation year over year

Nope, you don’t see inflation on a single product. What you see are price increases.

@Umair said:

@FatGrizzly said:

Acronis probably.

I have tried to contact them at least 4 times now. Filling up their form. They never get back to me. (Not sure why). If you know a decent place to get their license, please do let me know.

The "hosted" solution one of my provider has is too expensive for large setup. (Effective if you have multiple servers to backup with only small storage used).

Check with @leapswitch

They resell/selfhost Acronis afaik.

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • @ezeth said:

What are you moving to?

Enhance control panel. They have excellent backups system (no more jetbackups), built-in cgroups (no more cloudlinux license), all the standard features needed. It's a newer panel, but the dev team has been crackin on it a few years and it's production worthy imo.

They do per account pricing (15 cents), but no per-server fee which is nice. So my cluster I have now is 8 servers at $5/mo total (their min charge, it's because I don't have many accounts setup on my cluster yet).

I'm enjoying using it so far :)

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Acronis has price increase in Jan.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • darkimmortaldarkimmortal Member
    edited December 2023

Wouldn't mind if low end shared costs make jetbackup an optional extra. cPanel built-in backup is fine and easy to automate, and trusting a provider's own backup storage (as jetbackup is usually sold to end users) is dubious

• leapswitchleapswitch Host Rep, Veteran

@FatGrizzly said:

@Umair said:

@FatGrizzly said:

Acronis probably.

Check with @leapswitch

They resell/selfhost Acronis afaik.

We offer Acronis licensing with Acronis storage/our storage or you can connect your own.

It supports control panel integration similar to Jetbackup. Even with the Acronis price increase in Jan it will be much cheaper than Jetbackup for cPanel/DirectAdmin/Pleak. servers

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Yep. You can store about 120gb on Acronis for that. So that’s a server license with storage for less than just a JB license.

• I really don't understand why people are willing to pay when there are free and great open source alternatives.

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2023

@hresser said:
    I really don't understand why people are willing to pay when there are free and great open source alternatives.

What’s a good open source alternative to JetBackup for easy incremental backups with versioning, with selective restore (+option to merge the selected portion with the live copy), a cPanel server clone option, and the ability to do this with a remote SSH transport?

Bonus points if it has a decent GUI and the ability to manage a whole server fleet from one shared interface.

• @FatGrizzly said:

@ezeth said:

What are you moving to?

Acronis probably.

Isn't that much more expensive?

• What was the old price?

• I think Restic and Borg are enough for everyone, I don't need a gui, just write a simple bash script once and run it regularly.

• @hresser said:
    I really don't understand why people are willing to pay when there are free and great open source alternatives.

Such as?

• @josephf said:

@hresser said:

Such as?

I already wrote above Restic and Borg.

edited December 2023

@hresser said:
    I think Restic and Borg are enough for everyone, I don't need a gui, just write a simple bash script once and run it regularly.

Clients using cPanel and Directadmin are poorly knowledged in terms of server management, they prefer GUI's everywhere and sadly there's no comparable software to JB5

• What is the price currently, before this increase?

• @josephf said:
    What is the price currently, before this increase?

I remember ordering it for $4 few years back

• @josephf said:

What is the price currently, before this increase?

$6 before, $9 after. It's a big jump, relatively speaking.

• @leapswitch said:
    We offer Acronis licensing with Acronis storage/our storage or you can connect your own.

Sent you a PM.