Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Usercloud | Outage explanation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Usercloud | Outage explanation

Damonho316Damonho316 Member, Patron Provider
edited December 2023 in Outages

Hello LET member,
We’re Usercloud team and we’re currently maintaining our node and waiting parts to arrive, I would like to explain the cause of the issue here to give all users an answer,
On 30/12, Our system detected a faulty disk and a defective raid card on the main node, our system was immediately going into maintenance mode and our team was trying to fix it. After multiple attempts, we found out that the defective parts actually caused a bad I/O performance, our main node was then shut down and our team gave out announcement about the incident.
Currently, we’re waiting for parts to arrive, as those parts are special for our server, we must have it shipped from the vendor which requires time to do so.
We’ll be providing every affected user a compensation. For monthly payment users, 1USD credit will be given. For yearly payment users, an extra month for the server will be given upon ticket request.
We are actively cooperating with our remote hand, vendor and our tech team to fix the issue as soon as possible.
The parts will arrive on 2/12 or 3/12. We’ll be replacing them as soon as possible.
We apologise for all the inconvenience caused and will prevent such thing from happening in the future.

(No data is lost during the maintenance and we’ve backed up our node to ensure extra safety)

Comments

• qq7119qq7119 Member
    edited December 2023
    Dear valued customers,

We have ordered new sets of drive and hardware to replace the defect one, all the data has been backed up and we’re expecting everything to come live again in 1st of December, for all affected users, yearly service will get $3 credit for free and monthly service will get an extra $1 credit for free.

thanks for all your support and we’ll update you once there’s more information 

@Damonho316
    So, should we add $3 to the balance or add a free one month usage period?
    Which is correct or is it said every day?

• Damonho316Damonho316 Member, Patron Provider

@qq7119 both will be given

• quick,quick,quick,i 'm waiting to use it

• @Damonho316 said:
    Hello LET member,
    We’re Usercloud team and we’re currently maintaining our node and waiting parts to arrive, I would like to explain the cause of the issue here to give all users an answer,
    On 30/12, Our system detected a faulty disk and a defective raid card on the main node, our system was immediately going into maintenance mode and our team was trying to fix it. After multiple attempts, we found out that the defective parts actually caused a bad I/O performance, our main node was then shut down and our team gave out announcement about the incident.
    Currently, we’re waiting for parts to arrive, as those parts are special for our server, we must have it shipped from the vendor which requires time to do so.
    We’ll be providing every affected user a compensation. For monthly payment users, 1USD credit will be given. For yearly payment users, an extra month for the server will be given upon ticket request.
    We are actively cooperating with our remote hand, vendor and our tech team to fix the issue as soon as possible.
    The parts will arrive on 2/12 or 3/12. We’ll be replacing them as soon as possible.
    We apologise for all the inconvenience caused and will prevent such thing from happening in the future.

(No data is lost during the maintenance and we’ve backed up our node to ensure extra safety)

Do I need to submit a ticket request to get an extra month of servers?

@GloryMan Yes

We've fixed the issue and switched the platform to ssd

• @Damonho316 said:

Before that used hdd?

• qq7119qq7119 Member
    edited December 2023

@Damonho316

https://store.usercloud.host/index.php?fuse=support&controller=ticket&view=ticket&id=1025

Ticket #1025
    Can you fulfill your promise?