Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

receiving a different product
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

receiving a different product

loayloay Member
edited December 2023 in General

So, I just ordered a couple of netcup ARM vServers to try them out. One of the VPS I received has the specifications of a larger plan (10€ price difference). This is common with OVH, and they don't do anything about it from what I've read online. However, what should I do in this case with netcup?

Receiving a different product
  1. What would you do?29 votes
    1. Be a good person and contact support to fix this
      48.28%
    2. Use it until they discover and do whatever they do
      51.72%

Comments

• wuckwuck Member
    edited December 2023

Then enjoy the free upgrade? B)

• Ask their support to give you an MTR

• @CheepCluck said:
    Ask their support to give you an MTR

Or an incident report

Thanked by 1loay
  • @emgh said:

@CheepCluck said:

Or an incident report

why would i show someone what it looks like in my toilet??

• @CheepCluck said:

:D

• I have good experience with their products but they never respond to support requests.

• Just pretend like you didn't realise it either if they ever do bother you over it.

@loay said:
    I have good experience with their products but they never respond to support requests.

Well that's yet another excuse not to tell them about it :smiley:

Thanked by 1loay
  • TBH, if it's their mistake, they're unlikely to force you to downgrade if you've already started using it. Equally, they shouldn't charge you extra if that wasn't what you ordered.

The only concern I'd have is whether there was a mistake on the original order and that you might get billed the correct price later on. So, I think it'd be worth contacting them anyway.

OTOH, if later on the server gets re-provisioned, it's quite possible it'll end up being shrunk to the correct size. If your data no longer fits, that's not really their problem. IIRC one provider did this last year, but I forgot who... maybe Virmach?

Thanked by 1loay
  • @Cabbage said: Well that's yet another excuse not to tell them about it

Support was quick this time

Dear Loay,

thank you for your request.

There was a problem in the configuration, we need to cancel your server with our satisfaction guarantee and then you can order the product again. Please save all data that is on your server and tell us when we can cancel.

We thank you for your co-operation and for the hint with the resources on the server.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
    netcup Team

• @loay said:

@Cabbage said: Well that's yet another excuse not to tell them about it

Support was quick this time

Dear Loay,

thank you for your request.

There was a problem in the configuration, we need to cancel your server with our satisfaction guarantee and then you can order the product again. Please save all data that is on your server and tell us when we can cancel.

We thank you for your co-operation and for the hint with the resources on the server.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
    netcup Team

Wow. Unless they made the same mistake on MANY VMs rather than just a one off, that surprises me.

• @loay said:

@CheepCluck said:

:D

you laugh, but i quietly cry.
    hsappy holidays nerd.

• @CheepCluck said: but i quietly cry.

They are requesting me to download the data to cancel the server from their side, then I order the server again!

It is not possible to downgrade our server. Please understand that you have to order server again on our own.

• @loay said: They are requesting me to download the data to cancel the server from their side, then I order the server again!

>
    No they're upgrading your downgradings for your internet service providings sir

Thanked by 1loay
  • I would probably tell them/ask before setting it up, just in case. I didn't know that they had ARM servers now. Has anyone been able to compare them with Hetzner's?

Thanked by 1loay
  • @vitobotta said:
    I would probably tell them/ask before setting it up, just in case. I didn't know that they had ARM servers now. Has anyone been able to compare them with Hetzner's?

They just announced them today. They are cheap in terms of storage space and multiscore performance but poor performance overall.

I posted server yabs here:

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3809791#Comment_3809791

• @loay said:

@vitobotta said:
    I would probably tell them/ask before setting it up, just in case. I didn't know that they had ARM servers now. Has anyone been able to compare them with Hetzner's?

They just announced them today. They are cheap in terms of storage space and multiscore performance but poor performance overall.

I posted server yabs here:

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3809791#Comment_3809791

Thanks. Sounds disappointing like Hetzner's then

Thanked by 1loay
  • @loay said:
    I have good experience with their products but they never respond to support requests.

They replied to me within minutes. The maximum time I've waited was 3 hours