Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SalmonCloud | SPECIAL LAUNCH OFFERS!!! | San Jose 3rd Gen EPYC VPS | Only $8.99/quarter!!!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SalmonCloud | SPECIAL LAUNCH OFFERS!!! | San Jose 3rd Gen EPYC VPS | Only $8.99/quarter!!!

TutuzzzTutuzzz Member, Host Rep

Dear LET members,

We are delighted to extend a warm welcome to you and introduce SalmonCloud Ltd., your trusted partner in cutting-edge Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solutions. As a tech startup dedicated to revolutionizing the digital landscape, we take pride in our rich background, robust infrastructure, and unwavering commitment to excellence.

SalmonCloud Logo

Background:
Established in summer 2023, SalmonCloud Ltd. emerged from a vision to redefine the way individuals and businesses acquire cloud computing resources. Our founding team, comprised of seasoned experts in system administration and networking, envisioned a future where SalmonCloud Ltd. not only provides seamless scalability but also elevates the performance and security standards for individuals and businesses worldwide, via an affordable approach.

History:
Before the establishment of SalmonCloud Ltd., our founding members worked on privacy-focused networking solutions. Through this valuable experience, we learned and polished our knowledge and skills of infrastructure orchestration and maintenance, and network provisioning. Those days dealing with servers and VPS’s also gave us great insight into what we wanted to do about the hosting industry - to make it affordable and to make it reliable. With these goals in mind, SalmonCloud Ltd. was born with technological and cultural inheritance from our previous work.

Infrastructure Details:
At the heart of our business lies a state-of-the-art infrastructure designed to meet the diverse needs of our customers. Our server racks, established and maintained with great care, boast 8 E5-2680v4-based servers and 4 3rd Gen Epyc-based servers. Underpinning the connectivity of these servers is our own network AS53616, which enjoys the connections to a premium network blend of Hurricane Electric, Cogent, Arelion, and last but not least, Equinix IX Silicon Valley. Try our network out for yourself using our looking glass (http://sjc.lg.salmoncloud.co.uk/) in the meantime! Also please feel free to check out the YABS benchmarking results of our VPS attached to the end of this post.

Why Could You Trust SalmonCloud Ltd.?
Reliability: Our infrastructure is built on the principles of redundancy and reliability, ensuring minimal downtime and uninterrupted services.

Transparency: We believe that transparency is the keystone of business-consumer relations. We put our best effort into setting up timely and effective communication channels with you, such as, our Discord server (https://discord.gg/X4Yxc8eaBw) and the RSS-enabled announcement system on our website. It is one of our missions to inform you of any changes to our products and services, to ensure you can get the most out of our hosting solutions.

Support: Our dedicated support team is always ready to assist you, no matter technical problems or money-related issues. We promise that no tickets be left unresponded within 24 hours after opening. And our customer-centric approach ensures that your satisfaction is always our number one priority.

Thank you for considering us as your IaaS provider. We look forward to the opportunity to support your success in the digital age.

Sincerely,
SalmonCloud Ltd.

ONE MORE THING

NOW it’s the part everyone on LET loves the most - SPECIAL OFFERS!!! We decided to release 2 special offers for LET members. These two offers both boast 2.5 TB extra monthly traffic but at a 33% off averaged monthly price compared to our Starter plan. On top of that, they also come with either 1 GB extra RAM or 1 more vCPU! Please keep in mind that each offer is limited to the first 50 people. First come, first served!

Special Offer A:
- RAM: 1 GB
- vCPU: 2 (3rd Gen Epyc Processor Core)
- Storage: 15 GB (Gen4 NVME Raid10)
- Traffic per Month: 4 TB
- Port Speed: 10 Gbps
- Price: $8.99/quarter
- Link to Special Offer A

Special Offer B:
- RAM: 2 GB
- vCPU: 1 (3rd Gen Epyc Processor Core)
- Storage: 15 GB (Gen4 NVME Raid10)
- Traffic per Month: 4 TB
- Port Speed: 10 Gbps
- Price: $8.99/quarter
- Link to Special Offer B

YABS Benchmarking Results

Please note that to prevent disk I/O abuse, we limit our disk I/O speed at 1 GB/s and IOPS at 20K.

Yet-Another-Bench-Script
v2023-11-24
Yet-Another-Bench-Script on GitHub

Tue Nov 28 08:43:33 PM CST 2023

Basic System Information:

• Uptime: 18 days, 16 hours, 47 minutes
  • Processor: AMD EPYC 7R13 48-Core Processor
  • CPU cores: 1 @ 2645.030 MHz
  • AES-NI: ✔️ Enabled
  • VM-x/AMD-V: ✔️ Enabled
  • RAM: 1.9 GiB
  • Swap: 0.0 KiB
  • Disk: 24.9 GiB
  • Distro: Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)
  • Kernel: 6.1.0-13-amd64
  • VM Type: KVM
  • IPv4/IPv6: ✔️ Online / ✔️ Online

IPv6 Network Information:

• ISP: ASYMPTOTE NETWORK, LLC
  • ASN: AS53616 ASYMPTOTE NETWORK, LLC
  • Host: ASYMPTOTE NETWORK, LLC

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50) (Partition /dev/vda3):

Block Size 4k (Read/Write/Total) 64k (Read/Write/Total)
IOPS Read: 80.10 MB/s (20.0k) Read: 1.01 GB/s (15.9k)
Write: 80.31 MB/s (20.0k) Write: 1.02 GB/s (16.0k)
Total: 160.41 MB/s (40.1k) Total: 2.04 GB/s (31.9k)
Block Size 512k (Read/Write/Total) 1m (Read/Write/Total)
IOPS Read: 972.80 MB/s (1.9k) Read: 959.15 MB/s (936)
Write: 1.02 GB/s (2.0k) Write: 1.02 GB/s (999)
Total: 1.99 GB/s (3.9k) Total: 1.98 GB/s (1.9k)

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:

Test Value
Single Core 1294
Multi Core 1314
Full Test Link

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:

Test Value
Single Core 1698
Multi Core 1703
Full Test Link

YABS completed in 10 min 38 sec

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Do you have BGP session?

• Any looking glasses?

• @yoursunny said:
    Do you have BGP session?

What is it used for? Bringing in your own IP?

• SalmonBrandonSalmonBrandon Member, Patron Provider

@pork007 said:
    Any looking glasses?

Yes, we do have a looking glass, the link of which is in the post. And I'll put the link here as well. http://sjc.lg.salmoncloud.co.uk/
    Have a test in the meantime!

• Established in summer 2023

• Salmon as a fish salmon?

@yoursunny said:
    Do you have BGP session?

Hi, there. I know BGP session is a popular feature demanded by many. We would love to fully support BGP session, but currently we can only enable this on an on demand basis. If you want to use BGP session, you're more than welcome to drop us a ticket to request the feature. We have to say, this is still quite an experimental feature for us, and we have limited capacity for that. We'll try our best to cater to your need, but we can't ensure everyone who requests could get this feature. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks.

PS: The reason BGP session is still at experimental stage is we have to configure every BGP session manually at the moment due to a lack of automated BGP session management. Since it's still experimental, we currently don't charge any extra for this feature. We'll handle the request for BGP sessions based on ticket issue time. (The earlier the ticket, the earlier you get the feature!)

• Hello summerhost)

@LTniger said:
    Salmon as a fish salmon?

Yes. To be more precise, it's the one on nigiri (Japanese rice ball). Our logo is basically a salmon nigiri but with a cloud underneath instead of rice lol.

Thanked by 1SirFoxy

@jmaxwell said:

Established in summer 2023

Thanks mate.

• Dead fish hosting, always wanted dead fish hosting.

Good luck with sales!

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited November 2023

@SalmonBrandon said:

@LTniger said:
    Salmon as a fish salmon?

Yes. To be more precise, it's the one on nigiri (Japanese rice ball). Our logo is basically a salmon nigiri but with a cloud underneath instead of rice lol.

I thought it was supposed to be nigiri 😂

Salmon nigiri is 🔥

The logo is definitely humanistic and welcoming in a sea of boring logos, but it kinda looks like nigiri cause it's a little jagged instead of curvy like a normal cloud.

Example:

• I prefer gunkans.

Thanked by 1SalmonBrandon

@SirFoxy said:

@SalmonBrandon said:

@LTniger said:
    Salmon as a fish salmon?

I thought it was supposed to be nigiri 😂

Salmon nigiri is 🔥

The logo is definitely humanistic and welcoming in a sea of boring logos, but it kinda looks like nigiri cause it's a little jagged instead of curvy like a normal cloud.

Example:

Good shout. This is a really a good suggestion. I'll incorporate that into the design when I redraw the logo in the coming weeks.

• The bill has not changed after the paypal payment is completed, and a support ticket has been issued #PST-704930

@JabJab said:
    Dead fish hosting, always wanted dead fish hosting.

Good luck with sales!

Thanks a lot for the kind words. We also promise that no salmon is harmed in the whole process of our business operations lol.

edited November 2023

@wartw said:
    The bill has not changed after the paypal payment is completed, and a support ticket has been issued #PST-704930

Hi there, sorry for the subpar experience. I just went through our ticket system and have found your ticket. I'm on it.

@LTniger said:
    I prefer gunkans.

The ones with fish roes inside?

• @LTniger said:
    I prefer gunkans.

I prefer Gungans :smiley:

good luck with sales and welcome to LET!!

@sycot said:

@LTniger said:
    I prefer gunkans.

I prefer Gungans :smiley:

good luck with sales and welcome to LET!!

Thanks a lot. Happy hosting.

• zrj766zrj766 Member
    edited December 2023

The words on the website menu are hard to read, maybe the color scheme should be changed?

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited December 2023

can we have a #salmonsashimi flash special

@zrj766 said:
    The words on the website menu are hard to read, maybe the color scheme should be changed?

Oh my god, I'm so sorry for that. Tbh, "hard to read" is really putting it mildly. The words are invisible. Not gonna lie, we didn't quite test the mobile version of this website. Thanks for pointing it out. We'll try to find a solution to this problem.

• Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 24 minutes
    Processor  : AMD EPYC 7R13 48-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 2645.030 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 960.8 MiB
    Swap       : 1024.0 MiB
    Disk       : 14.9 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)
    Kernel     : 6.1.0-9-amd64
    VM Type    : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ✔ Online

IPv6 Network Information:
    ISP        : ASYMPTOTE NETWORK, LLC
    ASN        : AS53616 ASYMPTOTE NETWORK, LLC
    Host       : ASYMPTOTE NETWORK, LLC
    Location   : San Jose, California (CA)
    Country    : United States

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50) (Partition /dev/vda3):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 80.10 MB/s   (20.0k) | 1.01 GB/s    (15.9k)
    Write      | 80.31 MB/s   (20.0k) | 1.02 GB/s    (15.9k)
    Total      | 160.41 MB/s  (40.1k) | 2.04 GB/s    (31.9k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 971.41 MB/s   (1.8k) | 958.70 MB/s    (936)
    Write      | 1.02 GB/s     (1.9k) | 1.02 GB/s      (998)
    Total      | 1.99 GB/s     (3.8k) | 1.98 GB/s     (1.9k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping           
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----           
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.16 Gbits/sec  | 285 Mbits/sec   | 131 ms         
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | 495 Mbits/sec   | 136 ms         
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 1.32 Gbits/sec  | 116 Mbits/sec   | 136 ms         
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | busy            | busy            | 217 ms         
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 2.99 Gbits/sec  | 2.68 Gbits/sec  | 63.5 ms        
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 987 Mbits/sec   | 540 Mbits/sec   | 37.4 ms        
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 3.41 Gbits/sec  | busy            | 13.5 ms        

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping           
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----           
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.32 Gbits/sec  | 610 Mbits/sec   | 131 ms         
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | busy            | 135 ms         
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 1.28 Gbits/sec  | 139 Mbits/sec   | 136 ms         
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | busy            | 208 Mbits/sec   | 217 ms         
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 2.87 Gbits/sec  | 1.37 Gbits/sec  | 63.4 ms        
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 4.94 Gbits/sec  | 2.95 Gbits/sec  | 37.0 ms        
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 7.55 Gbits/sec  | 5.12 Gbits/sec  | 13.5 ms        

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 1377                          
    Multi Core      | 1503                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/3797384

YABS completed in 18 min 59 sec

Thanked by 1SalmonBrandon
  • Cute logo so I buy.

@veren said:
    Cute logo so I buy.

Man of culture so I reply.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@SalmonBrandon said:

@veren said:
    Cute logo so I buy.

Open up a ticket with LET and get Host Rep tag on this account too.

@FatGrizzly said:

@SalmonBrandon said:

@veren said:
    Cute logo so I buy.

Open up a ticket with LET and get Host Rep tag on this account too.

Hi, thanks for the advice. I've already done that. Now I'm just in the process of waiting. Guess it won't take long.

Thanked by 1FatGrizzly

@zrj766 said:

Hi, it's fixed now. Now the words should be pretty legible. Thanks for pointing that out.

Thanked by 1zrj766
  • @SalmonBrandon

1 CPU
    512 MB RAM
    10 GB Storage
    1 IPv4&IPv6/64 Subnet
    1TB 10 Gbps
    $12/year Can you provide it?