Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for VPS Provider with Path.net DDoS Protection in New York
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for VPS Provider with Path.net DDoS Protection in New York

Hey everyone,

I hope you're all doing well! I'm currently in search of a reliable VPS provider that offers services in New York and specifically provides DDoS protection through Path.net. I've been exploring different options to host my projects and ensure they're well-protected against potential DDoS attacks.

While BuyVM seems like a solid choice, unfortunately, they don't accept payments from my country. So, I'm on the lookout for an alternative provider that offers similar services and protection.

Could anyone here kindly recommend VPS providers that operate in New York and have robust DDoS protection, particularly through Path.net? I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions or experiences you've had with such providers. It's essential for me to find a reliable host that aligns with my specific requirements.

Thanks a bunch in advance for your help!

Comments

• While they don't use Path.net, If I remember correctly @RoyaleHosting uses GSL and has a custom panel for filters. They have a location in New York, you should check them out - I don't use them personally, as the latency for their locations are too high for me, but I've heard good things and they're on my list to watch for new locations.

Thanked by 1tzayayaya
  • MrRetslavMrRetslav Member, Host Rep

I would also go for @RoyaleHosting they have a Solid 2.5+ Tbps capacity.

Thanked by 1tzayayaya
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

I'm not sure who or what they use for DDos Protection now but try reaching out to @MikeA, @ploxhost, @PureVoltage or @DataWagon.

They have services in NY.

Thanked by 1tzayayaya
  • @DP said: They have services in NY.

DataWagon uses colocrossing and can handle 80Gbps DDoS attacks in house (afaik)
    PureVoltage uses HE and RCN in NYC and I can't find anything about DDoS protection
    Plox uses PureVoltage so same as above ^
    EasyVM uses HIVELOCITY in NYC and in-house DDoS protection (They have Path in Dallas TX)
    ExtraVM aka MikaA uses ReliableSite for the IPs which can do 100Gbps DDoS protection on a best effort basis
    @Francisco at BuyVM uses HE and Cogent in NYC and Path.net for DDoS protection.
    @crunchbits uses Cogent and NTT has a big network and in-house DDoS protection (afaik, they are in Allentown which is close)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@tzayayaya said: While BuyVM seems like a solid choice, unfortunately, they don't accept payments from my country. So, I'm on the lookout for an alternative provider that offers similar services and protection.

Crypto's always an option :)

Francisco

Thanked by 3sillycat MrLime Porlam
  • @six said:
    While they don't use Path.net, If I remember correctly @RoyaleHosting uses GSL and has a custom panel for filters. They have a location in New York, you should check them out - I don't use them personally, as the latency for their locations are too high for me, but I've heard good things and they're on my list to watch for new locations.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'm particularly in need of Path.net for a game filter, specifically for Goldsrc games like Counter-Strike 1.6. The AnyCast IP is also essential for my requirements. if there are other providers with similar offerings, I'd love to hear more about them!

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • @Francisco said:

@tzayayaya said: While BuyVM seems like a solid choice, unfortunately, they don't accept payments from my country. So, I'm on the lookout for an alternative provider that offers similar services and protection.

Francisco

Unfortunately, i don't have access to cryptocurrency at the moment.

• BuyVM is a great choice, try to use their services if you can figure out a way to obtain cryptocurrency.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2023

@tzayayaya said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

I don't know if BuyVM accepts Monero or not but you can use Localmonero to buy XMR with fiat methods from individuals easily.

Thanked by 1tzayayaya
  • @MikeA said:

@tzayayaya said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

I don't know if BuyVM accepts Monero or not but you can use Localmonero to buy XMR with fiat methods from individuals easily.

I'm not familiar with how cryptocurrencies work. I've never used them before and typically rely on more conventional methods like paypal or credit cards for transactions...

• https://vibegames.com/ and https://galaxygate.net/ offer Path protection in NYC. We've been having a lot of network issues lately with Path, however, so we had to move off meanwhile.

Thanked by 1tzayayaya
  • @Brend4n said:
    https://vibegames.com/ and https://galaxygate.net/ offer Path protection in NYC. We've been having a lot of network issues lately with Path, however, so we had to move off meanwhile.

Thanks for the suggestions! I've had experiences with vibegames.com, and while they offer Path protection, their pricing starting from $20/month is a bit steep for my budget. Additionally, their system requiring the application of a game filter before making firewall rule changes can be quite restrictive, especially when I don't want to limit player access unless there's an attack.

To add further context, at vibegames.com, if I aim to close, let's say, the SSH port for security reasons, their system requires the application of a game filter. However, there might be instances where I need to restrict access to specific ports without activating the game filter, which can be inconvenient. This added step could potentially disrupt the server's operations, especially when such restrictions aren't intended for game-related purposes.

And i heard that vibegames.com has removed the ability to manage firewall rules from the cPanel interface, meaning users can't make any changes directly. Instead, every adjustment requires reaching out to support, which can be quite cumbersome for frequent or immediate changes necessary for my game server's security.

Regarding galaxygate.net, it seems they're relatively new to the hosting scene and only provide 1Tbps protection, which is lower compared to other providers offering 12Tbps or 17Tbps. I'm seeking a host with more robust protection capabilities for my specific needs.

If you have any other suggestions or know of hosts that might align more closely with these requirements, I'd greatly appreciate your insights!

• Brend4nBrend4n Member
    edited November 2023

@tzayayaya said:

@Brend4n said:
    https://vibegames.com/ and https://galaxygate.net/ offer Path protection in NYC. We've been having a lot of network issues lately with Path, however, so we had to move off meanwhile.

Thanks for the suggestions! I've had experiences with vibegames.com, and while they offer Path protection, their pricing starting from $20/month is a bit steep for my budget. Additionally, their system requiring the application of a game filter before making firewall rule changes can be quite restrictive, especially when I don't want to limit player access unless there's an attack.

To add further context, at vibegames.com, if I aim to close, let's say, the SSH port for security reasons, their system requires the application of a game filter. However, there might be instances where I need to restrict access to specific ports without activating the game filter, which can be inconvenient. This added step could potentially disrupt the server's operations, especially when such restrictions aren't intended for game-related purposes.

And i heard that vibegames.com has removed the ability to manage firewall rules from the cPanel interface, meaning users can't make any changes directly. Instead, every adjustment requires reaching out to support, which can be quite cumbersome for frequent or immediate changes necessary for my game server's security.

Regarding galaxygate.net, it seems they're relatively new to the hosting scene and only provide 1Tbps protection, which is lower compared to other providers offering 12Tbps or 17Tbps. I'm seeking a host with more robust protection capabilities for my specific needs.

If you have any other suggestions or know of hosts that might align more closely with these requirements, I'd greatly appreciate your insights!

GalaxyGate has been around for quite a while, they have their own infrastructure and are actually quite a popular host for lots of large Discord bots. We used them some time ago without any problem, their ASN was also allocated 5 years ago https://ipinfo.io/AS397031 proving this. Regarding "1Tbps", I mean perhaps they just haven't updated their site since Path has added more capacity but they'll have the same protection as any other provider using Path. Perhaps join their Discord and ask or make a ticket, they're quite responsive and helpful.

I'm also unsure how effective Path's protection is without a specific game filter. Most providers that use Path are given the same filtering settings so if you had an issue with vibe, idk if any other providers also using Path would be any better.

• @Brend4n said:

@tzayayaya said:

@Brend4n said:

GalaxyGate has been around for quite a while, they have their own infrastructure and are actually quite a popular host for lots of large Discord bots. We used them some time ago without any problem, their ASN was also allocated 5 years ago https://ipinfo.io/AS397031 proving this. Regarding "1Tbps", I mean perhaps they just haven't updated their site since Path has added more capacity but they'll have the same protection as any other provider using Path. Perhaps join their Discord and ask or make a ticket, they're quite responsive and helpful.

I'm also unsure how effective Path's protection is without a specific game filter. Most providers that use Path are given the same filtering settings so if you had an issue with vibe, idk if any other providers also using Path would be any better.

Thanks for the insights! I actually joined GalaxyGate Discord and inquired about their filtering capabilities. They confirmed they do offer filters, but the process is manual and could take up to 24 hours to propagate. As my servers frequently face DDoS attacks, I prefer to take action promptly when an attack starts. Having to contact Path.net each time for manual filtering might introduce delays that could result in losses for me, especially considering my game servers are consistently at capacity during attacks. This delay could impact player experience and cause losses due to server downtime.

Despite the limitations I've discovered, I genuinely appreciate your willingness to help and share insights. Your assistance means a lot, even though the solutions might not perfectly align with my immediate needs. Thank you for taking the time to assist me in navigating through these hosting challenges.

• If NJ works(close to NY) how about interserver? They had a 10.00 a month addon for a floating IP with path protection last I checked.

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@tzayayaya said:

@Brend4n said:

Thanks for the mention @kait

Would definitely recommend BuyVM or ExtraVM as very good options. While I'd love to be included, our PA solution isn't quite ready yet. The hardware wouldn't be ideal for most gameservers (at least, I don't believe so--no Ryzens). There is a targeted product coming for that, though.

Network wise, some internal protections/scrubbing and then an automated kick-over to a completely protected tunnel if it becomes a real problem is how things are handled. Going to ping @Zigi and take some of your asks into consideration when crafting future rollouts as it's very useful info to know what the end customer would like see/have access to directly.

• PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

@kait said:

@DP said: They have services in NY.

DataWagon uses colocrossing and can handle 80Gbps DDoS attacks in house (afaik)
    PureVoltage uses HE and RCN in NYC and I can't find anything about DDoS protection
    Plox uses PureVoltage so same as above ^
    EasyVM uses HIVELOCITY in NYC and in-house DDoS protection (They have Path in Dallas TX)
    ExtraVM aka MikaA uses ReliableSite for the IPs which can do 100Gbps DDoS protection on a best effort basis
    @Francisco at BuyVM uses HE and Cogent in NYC and Path.net for DDoS protection.
    @crunchbits uses Cogent and NTT has a big network and in-house DDoS protection (afaik, they are in Allentown which is close)

We have some in house protection but don't advertise offering ddos protection as it's still being tested and we rather not attract people who get slammed with attacks. :)
    I believe one of our customers mentioned here might use Path in their blend from us.

• @PureVoltage said: We have some in house protection but don't advertise offering ddos protection as it's still being tested and we rather not attract people who get slammed with attacks. :)

I believe one of our customers mentioned here might use Path in their blend from us.

Super valid, good that you are getting it but yeah, don't attract people who get slammed with attacks on a $5/m vps :smiley: not worth the costs.

• RoyaleHostingRoyaleHosting Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2023

@six said:
    While they don't use Path.net, If I remember correctly @RoyaleHosting uses GSL and has a custom panel for filters. They have a location in New York, you should check them out - I don't use them personally, as the latency for their locations are too high for me, but I've heard good things and they're on my list to watch for new locations.

Thank you for the mention, we are also working on additional locations as we speak ;)

edited December 2023

@MrRetslav said:
    I would also go for @RoyaleHosting they have a Solid 2.5+ Tbps capacity.

Thanks for the mention :)

@tzayayaya said:

@six said:

Thanks for the suggestion! I'm particularly in need of Path.net for a game filter, specifically for Goldsrc games like Counter-Strike 1.6. The AnyCast IP is also essential for my requirements. if there are other providers with similar offerings, I'd love to hear more about them!

We do offer those game server filters, sadly enough we do not offer anycasting yet, but this is something we are working on.