Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

oracle instance keep alive
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

oracle instance keep alive

yohototoyohototo Member
edited November 2023 in Tutorials
curl -L https://gitlab.com/spiritysdx/Oracle-server-keep-alive-script/-/raw/main/oalive.sh -o oalive.sh && chmod +x oalive.sh && bash oalive.sh
Thanked by 1JasonM

Comments

• Gave me an ad for gonorrhea prescriptions? weiiird. getting those everywhere these days.

• Hmm. Sounds like someone is going to build a botnet by putting out oracle idler scripts that end up downloading ads and making a fortune for the author.

Thanked by 1tentor
  • @TimboJones said:
    Hmm. Sounds like someone is going to build a botnet by putting out oracle idler scripts that end up downloading ads and making a fortune for the author.

Given the script has auto update functionality a bit more of a botnet is always just one commit to gitlab away.

• some people have bench.monster on cron every few hours, it probably helps them to keep bussy oracle instance

• Is not that difficult to hit the start button every now and then.

• My solution to this is just running a task I know takes about 40 seconds every 2 minutes in cron. To be fair, I've no idea if this is actually needed, just going from anecdotal stories I read on LET. But averaging about 40% load means it's not "idle" according to the usage graphs and it's still low enough use that it doesn't impact the job I actually want to use it for, especially as I also nice the background task.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited November 2023

I was thinking about adding such feature to microLXC, so you don't need to login every 3 months.
    However due to this, nah.

Thanked by 2xaoc adly