Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hilarious: Virmach knows how shitty their service is and have a bot (really!) to admit it with AI..
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hilarious: Virmach knows how shitty their service is and have a bot (really!) to admit it with AI..

jvnadrjvnadr Member
edited November 2023 in Providers

This was something I did not expect...

I still have some ridiculously cheap services from Virmach since BF 2019. Was keeping them "as is", for testing purposes, temp tasks, fun, etc. I decided not to renew them this November, because the service had become to a phase that even opening the vps setting page in the client area would be a PIA.
So, i opened a ticket to inform them that I cancel the services because:
1. They are extremely slow
2. It even takes ages to open the service page in client area
3. it take long even to complete an apt update.

They do know so well that all of them are crap, so, they have programmed an AI response bot that takes the issues from a ticked, admit everything the client says and asking mercy sorry even when they did not examine the issues. They even wrote that they are aware (!) of the slowness!

This is their epic answer:

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with our services. We understand that the slowness of our servers has been frustrating for you, especially when trying to access the service page for your VPS. We apologize for the decline in quality you have noticed and the delays you have faced when completing tasks such as apt updates.
We strive to provide a reliable and efficient service, and we are sorry that we have not met your expectations in this regard. We appreciate your feedback and will take it into consideration to improve our services in the future.
Please keep in mind that if you are facing any specific issues with your VPS, it is always recommended to contact the developers of the applications you are running, as they will be better equipped to assist you. However, if you believe that the issues are directly related to our services, please let us know, and we will investigate further.
Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

OK, they maybe do provide a shitty service, but they are in the edge of technology having AI as their customer service. Kudo-ish...

Thanked by 1ask_seek_knock

Comments

• ok

• you will see it everywhere, you better prepare for it so you don't get shocked and open a thread on the forum every time you see a bot

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • Another level of disrespect - caned response from chatgpt. Here is detector:

https://www.scribbr.com/ai-detector/

It shows 100% AI.

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • @LTniger said:
    Another level of disrespect - caned response from chatgpt. Here is detector:

It shows 100% AI.

These are not remotely accurate and are akin to a random percentage generator.

• @SirFoxy said: These are not remotely accurate and are akin to a random percentage generator.

Yup, when I tried it it said that the stuff I wrote was AI but what the AI wrote was human.

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • @kait said:

@SirFoxy said: These are not remotely accurate and are akin to a random percentage generator.

Yup, when I tried it it said that the stuff I wrote was AI but what the AI wrote was human.

Identity crysis :o

Thanked by 1kait
  • @SirFoxy said:

@LTniger said:

It shows 100% AI.

Thanks for your feedback

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • @SirFoxy said:

@LTniger said:

It shows 100% AI.

Dunno what you mean
    JxoEqCl.md.png

Thanked by 2SirFoxy ariq01
  • @gbzret4d said:

@SirFoxy said:

@LTniger said:

It shows 100% AI.

Thanks for your feedback

R.I.P. HX “thank you for your feedback” Servers 2023-2023 (things move fast in the LowEndUniverse).

Thanked by 2ariq01 gbzret4d
  • davidedavide Member
    edited November 2023

@jvnadr said:
    Please keep in mind that ...
    if you believe that the issues ...

I've never seen a language model aiming that directly at the core of an issue. There is a wrapper of purple prose but IMHO this is handwritten.

You could resubmit the ticket, swap some words, drop a randomly generated number, say fuck you, and see if the answer is exactly the same.

Thanked by 1host_c
  • @LTniger said: Another level of disrespect - caned response from chatgpt.

Why do I have a feeling OP "forgot" to include some parts of the ticket - my tickets looks like that:

Thanked by 1davide
  • Ok but at $5/year I did expect a shitbox

• DataRecoveryDataRecovery Member
    edited November 2023

@jvnadr said: I still have some ridiculously cheap services from Virmach ...
    So, i opened a ticket to inform them that I cancel the services because:

Thanks for your complaint, we have doubled your chicken.

don't cry

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited November 2023

@DataRecovery said: Thanks for your complaint, we have doubled your chicken.

Yes, and? What does suppose to mean this screen shot? Some reviews (good as for Contabo and Dacentec - and bad for sinked providers), a couple of tutorials that were became popular on LET at the time (e.g. airtime), and some random talks. What should my threads show that you mock on me?

• @JabJab said: Why do I have a feeling OP "forgot" to include some parts of the ticket - my tickets looks like that:

This is the whole answer. OK?

• @davide said: I've never seen a language model aiming that directly at the core of an issue. There is a wrapper of purple prose but IMHO this is handwritten.

They write in the message that the answer is AI driven.

• @bench said: you will see it everywhere, you better prepare for it so you don't get shocked and open a thread on the forum every time you see a bot

It's not just a bot, but a bot that admits anything you write as a complain. Have you seen anything that, before? All the bot answers that I have gotten are "this is an automatic message, we will review" etc.