Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MountainDuck (Mount your remote storage on Windows/Mac) - Black Friday Deal - Normally $39 - $7.50
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MountainDuck (Mount your remote storage on Windows/Mac) - Black Friday Deal - Normally $39 - $7.50

https://bundlehunt.com/bundle/2023-blackfriday-macos-bundle

"Mountain Duck lets you open remote files with any application and work like on a local volume. FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, Amazon S3, OpenStack Swift, Backblaze B2, Microsoft Azure & OneDrive, Google Drive, and Dropbox are the supported protocols"

It's a Mac deals site, but the software and license are verified working on Windows.

Just wanted to throw this out there for folks who picked up some storage today!

Comments

• Very good deal! Thank you!

• @BruhGamer12 said:
    Very good deal! Thank you!

You're welcome!

I'm a big fan of SSHFS but there's just no comparison when it comes to speed/reliability.

• +$1.24 service fee

"This fee helps us keep your transactions reliable and secure. It is applied to each order."

And here I thought that's what giving them money was for lol

I'm still buying, so thank you for posting. I've been using Cyberduck and wanting to get a Mountainduck license for a while.

• @user123 said:
    +$1.24 service fee

"This fee helps us keep your transactions reliable and secure. It is applied to each order."

You're right! I saw the end price was slightly different, didn't even bother to look at what it was because the end price was still a steal.

@user123 said: And here I thought that's what giving them money was for lol

No kidding haha.

@user123 said: I'm still buying, so thank you for posting. I've been using Cyberduck and wanting to get a Mountainduck license for a while.

You and me both. I loved everything about it except the price and the fact it was a recurring cost. I much prefer software you can buy and use indefinitely (without updates) until you purchase a new license. For this price though? Oh yeah, worth every penny for me.

Thanked by 1user123
  • @Don_Keedic said:

@user123 said:
    +$1.24 service fee

You're right! I saw the end price was slightly different, didn't even bother to look at what it was because the end price was still a steal.

@user123 said: And here I thought that's what giving them money was for lol

No kidding haha.

@user123 said: I'm still buying, so thank you for posting. I've been using Cyberduck and wanting to get a Mountainduck license for a while.

You and me both. I loved everything about it except the price and the fact it was a recurring cost. I much prefer software you can buy and use indefinitely (without updates) until you purchase a new license. For this price though? Oh yeah, worth every penny for me.

Please do post other software deals that come up if you come across them.

• Great deal, thank you!

• Just buy it. Thanks @Don_Keedic very much! <3

• Interesting. Any other curated deals for softwares</ utilities?

• Dick from the Mountain can do that. :wink:

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • @plumberg said:
    Interesting. Any other curated deals for softwares</ utilities?

Honestly, I wish I knew. I did one last ditch effort search to check on MountainDuck and struck gold with a recently indexed site. There was no mention or any indication they were having a sale anywhere, so thanks BundleHunt!

If anyone happens to know of anything software related on sale, feel free to post up.

The only other thing I can contribute would be for graphic artists - Lazy Nezumi Pro is 50% off right now ($32 -> $16) - https://lazynezumi.com/buy

If anyone happens to hear about MobaXterm (doubtful) or Elementor (doing better than 10% off) - please let me know!

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • Cloud mounter is much better!

• @Astro said:
    Cloud mounter is much better!

"System requirements:
    For macOS 10.14+"

Thanked by 1user123
  • What's the difference between the paid and free version?

• considering
    question is, how would i make my truenas worth with ftp.... still cant find the setting lmao

• Oh there's no doubt, it looks more flushed out in features, just no Windows (or Linux) :(

• @lala_th said:
    What's the difference between the paid and free version?

Free is just a 30 day trial then you get the nag screen. Unfortunately, it's not like WinRAR's nag screen and it actually removes functionality.

• @DeadlyChemist said:
    considering
    question is, how would i make my truenas worth with ftp.... still cant find the setting lmao

I don't ever recommend setting up straight FTP but this might help

https://www.truenas.com/docs/core/coretutorials/services/configuringftp/

• @Don_Keedic said:

@DeadlyChemist said:
    considering

I don't ever recommend setting up straight FTP but this might help

https://www.truenas.com/docs/core/coretutorials/services/configuringftp/

might re-try when im home
    need something for truenas so can use my documents on my mac when im not home...

• user123user123 Member
    edited November 2023

@Don_Keedic I use IYF (the older version) to index a couple servers and was disappointed in how slow it was with Mountain Duck compared to the free version of RaiDrive, both for local and remote servers.

Indexing a remote VPS with 38k files: 38 minutes (RaiDrive) vs 64 minutes (Mountain Duck)

Indexing a local NAS with 447k files: 2 minutes (RaiDrive) vs much more with Mountain Duck (it initially only completed 50% after 7 hours when using the default 'Smart' mode, but then was much faster in 'online' mode, completing 50% in 15 minutes)

Based on that, I'm thinking that Mountain Duck is not great for general indexing, but probably better if you have documents on the mounted drive that you're editing.

Edit: during that test, Mountain Duck also ate up a LOT of CPU and RAM - to the point that my browser crashed.

Thanked by 1NewToTheGame
  • user123user123 Member
    edited November 2023

@Don_Keedic said:

@Astro said:
    Cloud mounter is much better!

"System requirements:
    For macOS 10.14+"

https://www.stacksocial.com/sales/cloudmounter-personal-lifetime-license-for-windows has it on sale for $19.99 and there's an option for Windows. Is it much better/worth it?

It has two reviews on that site and neither makes sense lol. The first review gave 4/5 stars and the second gave 5/5.

2 REVIEWS
    4.5 / 5
    All reviews are from verified purchasers collected after purchase.

PW
    Patrick White
    Verified Buyer
    This is great for blocking all manner of ads. simple to use, east to understand. I highly recommend it.

Apr 26, 2023
    AM
    Alberto Molina
    Verified Buyer
    Worst piece of software I have ever bought, not only is it incredibly frustrating to watch it be incredibly slow but even after you activate it it keeps deactivating itself and nagging you that the serial used has exceeded its activation limits, you need to go back and forth with their customer service to get your activation reset every time, save yourself the trouble, don’t buy, avoid it, at this time this is my suggestion.

Jan 8, 2023

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Cyberduck is awesome. Will always be my favorite FTP client, for those rare times that I want an FTP client. Giving them a little money only feels right, I've gotten years of enjoyment out of their software.