Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Account Inactivity Cancellation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Account Inactivity Cancellation

Does Hetzner cancel accounts due to Inactivity?

Do they cancel accounts for other nebulous reasons?

How can it be avoided?

Comments

• labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

@josephf said:

How can it be avoided?

1. Yes

2. Perhaps, depends on your point of view.

3. Provide legit information and be from a low risk country.

• @labze said:

@josephf said:

How can it be avoided?

1. Yes

What does Hetzner consider to be inactivity, and for how long, that they'll cancel your account?

• darkimmortaldarkimmortal Member
    edited November 2023

Logging in every month or so seems to be enough, I kept my account alive for years with no services that way

Thanked by 1nick_
  • @darkimmortal said:
    Logging in every month or so seems to be enough, I kept my account alive for years with no services that way

Thanks for confirming. I thought they would require an active service.

• @darkimmortal said:

What motivated you to keep your account active, by logging into an otherwise inactive account every month?

Presumably you could create a new account anytime, even if a previous one was cancelled due to inactivity.

• @josephf said:

@darkimmortal said:

What motivated you to keep your account active, by logging into an otherwise inactive account every month?

Presumably you could create a new account anytime, even if a previous one was cancelled due to inactivity.

Too many horror stories of KYC issues. My account is from the good old days when they were more trusting

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • @darkimmortal said:

I have a problem with KYC, the app that you point out does not work for me, so I do not use it, but if I see that it is complicated to have an account in order, I think I understand that point of keeping it active.