Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The best provider for VPN hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The best provider for VPN hosting

Hello
New member here, I need a vps to host a vpn service and i wanted to ask about your opinion/expriences to choose the best and cheapest provider that doesn't have a problem with high and constant network usage with a decent internet speed.
My required specs are:
Port:10Gbps
Traffic:10-20TB
Storage:15+Gb
Ram:2-4GB+
Cpu:2-4cores+

preferably with crypto or other payment methods supported.because it's a trouble where I live to pay with credit/debit card. Right now im using cloudnium.net's special 2gb service and they agreed for a ram upgrade to 4GB for $3.99/m and that is one damn good deal but I'm not sure it will the best option in the long run as I get more users beacause of the port limit and traffic limitations.

Thank you for your help.

Comments

• get more users

Are these random users from the internet, or users as in your corporate/organization member? Random users are bound to bring torrent, spam, and DDoS traffic, which most reputable providers won't cater to, so you'll stuck with providers that take anything (and have terrible IP reputation)

• @martheen said:

get more users

Are these random users from the internet, or users as in your corporate/organization member? Random users are bound to bring torrent, spam, and DDoS traffic, which most reputable providers won't cater to, so you'll stuck with providers that take anything (and have terrible IP reputation)

I have blocked torrent protocol and private networks with the VPN software and users are legit so no worries on the abuse side for now atleast.

• @johnwinchester said:
    I have blocked torrent protocol and private networks with the VPN software and users are legit so no worries on the abuse side for now atleast.

I hope you realize that torrent is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to drawing complaints. Unless you have a closed and well known userbase not caring about abuse is likely going to bite you big time. Don't expect a VPN service catering to random users to last long with any cheap provider.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

you wanna host a public VPN on a VPS ? That's not gonna last long..

• @Clouvider said:

I've been using hetzner for the last 6 month and nothing bad ever happened but their Ips got blacklisted so i had to change

• @johnwinchester said:

@Clouvider said:

I've been using hetzner for the last 6 month and nothing bad ever happened but their Ips got blacklisted so i had to change

I figure you don't have a lot of users on there yet. Hetzners IPs have a horrible reputation across the board though so i am not even sure what you mean by getting them blacklisted. I have absolutely nothing against Hetzner but they are pretty much the last company i'd think of when it comes to VPN exits.

• alexhostalexhost Member, Patron Provider

Hello.

You can use our VPS for VPN for sure. But if you will do high traffic and usage.

Check our VPS Plans (We have two locations, Moldova we own the datacenter)
    https://alexhost.com/vps/

Then is better to use a Dedicated Server and there you can use more resources than VPS.

I think we have cheap prices you can check our promo codes.

• edited November 2023

@totally_not_banned said:

@johnwinchester said:

@Clouvider said:

I figure you don't have a lot of users on there yet. Hetzners IPs have a horrible reputation across the board though so i am not even sure what you mean by getting them blacklisted. I have absolutely nothing against Hetzner but they are pretty much the last company i'd think of when it comes to VPN exits.

yes right now I have around 500 or so users. By blacklisted i meant they got blocked by the government. to my surprise hetzner was actually great I could access so many services without a problem like spotify and openai/chatGPT.

@alexhost said:
    Hello.

You can use our VPS for VPN for sure. But if you will do high traffic and usage.

Check our VPS Plans (We have two locations, Moldova we own the datacenter)
    https://alexhost.com/vps/

Then is better to use a Dedicated Server and there you can use more resources than VPS.

I think we have cheap prices you can check our promo codes.

Thanks, decent prices but port speed is really low on your VPSs. 100mbps shared and that's just too low for my use and the price for a dedicated is just not worth it right now for me.

• edited November 2023

@johnwinchester said:
    got blocked by the government.

So basically censorship evasion?

to my surprise hetzner was actually great I could access so many services without a problem like spotify and openai/chatGPT.

Interesting. Yes generally speaking exits at Hetzner aren't to bad. Problems start when things like fraudchecks, anti-spam or aggressive cloudflare protection enters the picture. Also Hetzer will not be all that understanding when abuse reports keep coming in. If your users are seeing your service as a way to escape an oppressive government there might be a chance they are applying a little common sense though. Actually, 500 users with no real problems isn't bad at all if you ask me.

and the price for a dedicated is just not worth it right now for me.

Yeah, alexhost isn't exactly cheap (sadly). It's one of those providers capable of/willing to tank some shit though.

To be honest (actual) 20TB/mon at something like 4-5€ (which seems to be the price range you are looking for if i understand correctly) will be quite a harsh deal for most providers.

• @johnwinchester said: johnwinchester

In many countries outside the west Torrents and file sharing is not illegal. Russian, CIS, and all around ISPs don't care about things that go through traffic. It's mostly unlimited, so you can practically do anything except naturally real illegal criminal stuff.

• @jenkki said:

@johnwinchester said: johnwinchester

In many countries outside the west Torrents and file sharing is not illegal. Russian, CIS, and all around ISPs don't care about things that go through traffic. It's mostly unlimited, so you can practically do anything except naturally real illegal criminal stuff.

it isn't just the west, for some countries in the west it's fine too. but US agencys wont stop sending scarry letters (country doesn't matter, that's why most hosts don't like it.

• @shruub said: it isn't just the west, for some countries in the west it's fine too. but US agencys wont stop sending scarry letters (country doesn't matter, that's why most hosts don't like it.

It is better to sail near a calm harbor than to risk running into a reef all the time.

Thanked by 1shruub
  • @jenkki said:

@shruub said: it isn't just the west, for some countries in the west it's fine too. but US agencys wont stop sending scarry letters (country doesn't matter, that's why most hosts don't like it.

It is better to sail near a calm harbor than to risk running into a reef all the time.

that's for sure.

Thanked by 1jenkki
  • Which providers offer 10 Gb port and a decent connection anyway?I can deal with low specs(as low as 2GB ram/2vCPU) but port speed is really a problem

• @johnwinchester said: Which providers offer 10 Gb port and a decent connection anyway?I can deal with low specs(as low as 2GB ram/2vCPU) but port speed is really a problem

I think I can suggest something from one of my friends who is not here in LET. DM me if you are interested to give you his contact.

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited November 2023

Inferno has a lot of locations in one place with unlimited traffic on 1Gbps port

https://cp.inferno.name/cart.php?

50% OFF Recurring - BF2023VPS

Code not valid for Lite box

• @jenkki said:
    Inferno has a lot of locations in one place with unlimited traffic on 1Gbps port

https://cp.inferno.name/cart.php?

50% OFF Recurring - BF2023VPS

Code not valid for Lite box

Thanks man really apperciate the help

• @johnwinchester said: Thanks man really apperciate the help

You can try also https://4vps.su

They have 15% OFF all locations.

Unlimited 2Gbps port

Many locations.

• @jenkki said:

@johnwinchester said: Thanks man really apperciate the help

You can try also https://4vps.su

They have 15% OFF all locations.

Unlimited 2Gbps port

Many locations.

I actually went with them fair prices and good specs+unlimited traffic, port speed is a shame thu

• @johnwinchester said: port speed is a shame

You cannot find 10Gbps port. Even if you found they not provide full speed.

• Terrahost?

• Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited November 2023

@concept said:
    Terrahost?

Terrahost certainly fits the bill for everything except the "cheap" part, especially if actually requires the 2-4 cores he's asking for. Terrahost is an awesome choice but they're definitely premium (but worth it if you can afford it.)

I'd check out Crunchbits' VDS - https://crunchbits.com/vds#Plans - specifically the Xeon VDS.

You can max out the cores 24/7, 20TB Bandwidth @ 2.5Gbps, 7 gigs of ram and 400 gig SSD for $10/mo and they do accept Crypto payments.

• @concept said:
    Terrahost?

@Don_Keedic said:

@concept said:
    Terrahost?

Terrahost certainly fits the bill for everything except the "cheap" part, especially if actually requires the 2-4 cores he's asking for. Terrahost is an awesome choice but they're definitely premium (but worth it if you can afford it.)

I'd check out Crunchbits' VDS - https://crunchbits.com/vds#Plans - specifically the Xeon VDS.

You can max out the cores 24/7, 20TB Bandwidth @ 2.5Gbps, 7 gigs of ram and 400 gig SSD for $10/mo and they do accept Crypto payments.

Probably next month i'll go with them
    great prices really

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

*cough*

• deathdeath Member
    edited November 2023

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3576104/#Comment_3576104

A big list of providers that allow VPN hosting someone made.

• @death said: A big list of providers that allow VPN hosting someone made.

Oneprovider do it at all. Many VPN providers use them for their VPN purposes.

• worldbusworldbus Member, Patron Provider

@johnwinchester said:
    Hello
    New member here, I need a vps to host a vpn service and i wanted to ask about your opinion/expriences to choose the best and cheapest provider that doesn't have a problem with high and constant network usage with a decent internet speed.
    My required specs are:

preferably with crypto or other payment methods supported.because it's a trouble where I live to pay with credit/debit card. Right now im using cloudnium.net's special 2gb service and they agreed for a ram upgrade to 4GB for $3.99/m and that is one damn good deal but I'm not sure it will the best option in the long run as I get more users beacause of the port limit and traffic limitations.

Thank you for your help.

If you are looking for an affordable and optimized cloud for VPN services with 10gbps port in Turkey location (European/Asian hub link), don't hesitate to choose WORLDBUS CLOUD! https://worldbus.cloud/store/turkey-cloud-vps

• 188.132.192.0/24
    • 193.228.1.0/24

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Provider Location (Link) Send Speed Recv Speed Ping
    Scaleway Paris, FR (10G) 501 Mbits/sec 493 Mbits/sec 48.1 ms
    Clouvider NYC, NY, US (10G) 499 Mbits/sec 479 Mbits/sec 124 ms
    Clouvider Dallas, TX, US (10G) 467 Mbits/sec 452 Mbits/sec 156 ms

Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 424 Mbits/sec | 270 Mbits/sec | 184 msiperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Clouvider Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) 424 Mbits/sec 270 Mbits/sec 184 ms
  • edited December 2023

@worldbus said:

@johnwinchester said:
    Hello
    My required specs are:

Thank you for your help.

If you are looking for an affordable and optimized cloud for VPN services with 10gbps port in Turkey location (European/Asian hub link), don't hesitate to choose WORLDBUS CLOUD! https://worldbus.cloud/store/turkey-cloud-vps

• 188.132.192.0/24
    • 193.228.1.0/24

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 424 Mbits/sec | 270 Mbits/sec | 184 msiperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Clouvider Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) 424 Mbits/sec 270 Mbits/sec 184 ms

actually @repuc has better specs and bandwidth usage in turkeye and they're alot cheaper, I don't believe they have a problem being used for VPN