Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LXC VPS for 2.99€/mo : 4vCPU, 8GB RAM, 10GB SAS HDD | Cheap VPS hosting | France
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LXC VPS for 2.99€/mo : 4vCPU, 8GB RAM, 10GB SAS HDD | Cheap VPS hosting | France

Kanade is a new host specialized in hosting virtual private servers, but also in web hosting, in France. We are registered with the Paris prefecture under registration number 924308463.

https://kanade.fr/ (French)

At the moment, VPS all use LXC (which therefore prevents the use of Docker and Pterodactyl) and can only be under Debian.

Unlike most hosts, we have our own servers in a data center in France. Our servers do not depend on anyone.

This low-cost host was created primarily for computer science students to learn how to use Linux from the command line.

Our VPS hosting offers start from €2.99/month up to €8.99/month. The cheapest offer has 4vCPU @ 2.20/3.60GHz, 8 GB of RAM, 10 GB of storage and symmetrical 200Mbps of Internet speed (best-effort).

We only have HPE brand servers, with a minimum of 256 GB of RAM on each server.

VPS servers are hosted on machines with a large number of cores and RAM, but also fairly efficient hard drives. On the hard drive side, we have official HPE brand SAS drives, these are in RAID 10 and therefore allow us to achieve sequential read/write rates of around 5000MB/s (similar to NVMe).

Web hosting offers are hosted on servers with NVMe disks and very high frequency processors (5.7GHz) given that most web programming languages are single-threaded.

On the network side, we are LIR with RIPE and therefore have IP addresses provided by them. We currently have an IPv4 /24 block, an IPv6 /29 block (unused), and an AS.

The way the network works is rather particular: we use OVH's "BYOIP" service to announce our IPs via BGP on their side, this allows us to inherit their anti-DDoS Game. The IPs on the OVH side are routed on a small dedicated server which acts as a router, and then in order to access the servers we own, we establish an encrypted VPN connection on each point of presence. We can then use the IPs as we see fit. Unfortunately OVH does not offer BYOIP in IPv6, so we cannot activate IPv6 on VPS.

You have the right to host the majority of everything on VPS, we do not respond to DMCA type requests as long as it does not come from a legal court. Same thing for abuse emails in case of port scanning: we authorize port scanning and nmaps. On the other hand, DoS/DDoS are prohibited, and IPHM is blocked. Tor nodes are also prohibited, except in justified cases (if, for example, you are an association fighting against Internet censorship). In addition, it is prohibited to carry out "mining" consisting of saturating processors or hard drives (with chia for example).

At the moment, VPS are limited to an internet speed of 200Mbps best effort (although most of the points of presence we own are connected at 10Gbps)

In the future, we plan to upgrade the disks of each server to 15Krpm, we avoid SSDs because from experience they are bad during intensive use in servers. We also plan to increase the RAM of most servers (including one specific server that has 768 GB of RAM, we intend to double this amount to 1.5 TB)

By default, UDP ports are all blocked, this is due to the "Game" protection provided by OVH. If you need to open a UDP port (for example for a DNS server), you can contact us by ticket so that we can add a firewall rule. Note that we do not completely unblock the firewall of your VPS IP, as this could put other clients on the same infrastructure at risk in the event of an incoming DDoS.

Finally, we accept hosting of mail servers, but if we detect entries in spamhaus, your VPS risks being suspended. Indeed, we want to maintain a healthy reputation for our IP addresses.

If you need additional service or have a question, you can submit a ticket on our site.

Please note that payments are currently only made via PayPal, we do not yet accept bank cards because we have only just been declared as a service provider in France, so we do not yet have a bank account. Card payments will be possible in the coming weeks.

Comments

• No docker support on LxC?

Any reason why?
    Welcome!

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

No IPv6 hall of shame

• GitHub, Globalping
    • Outlook
    • SparkPost, MessageBird
    • ColonCrossing - VirMach, RackNerd, CloudServer, HostNamaste (Dallas), cheapwindowsvps
    • XetHost
    • SoftShellWeb (San Jose only)
    • KhanWebHost (Turkey etc), BatuCloud, BalHost, Repuc
    • Wishosting
    • Reprise Hosting
    • HostWebis
    • Oplink
    • Leapswitch Networks (except Mumbai), Advin Servers (only Mumbai)
    • DedicatServer gardens, iHostART, CloudForest
    • HostTiger HostTigger
    • ForwardWeb
    • SKB Enterprise
    • HostHatch (some locations)
    • Watta Server, ONeil Online
    • HostMayo
    • GardenCloud gardens
    • CoreHosting
    • Hye Cloud
    • VirmAche, Gullo New York
    • HostVDS
    • FireVPS
    • Rabisu
    • MyHBD
    • RackEdge
    • PulsedMedia
    • HOST-C
    • DEPLOYD
    • iNetCloud
    • ADTAQ
    • IONOS
    • OpenVZ7: EthernetServers, WebHorizon
    • Ginernet
    • TerraNode
    • OwnTN
    • Kanade

Include IPv6 for no extra cost on every plan in every location to get delisted.

• Another new name. What's up with that?

• 16 vCPU 2.20/3.60GHz
    96 GB DDR4 ECC Ram
    50 GB SAS 10K HDD

Is this seriously a package?

• GhtGht Member
    edited November 2023

No sense for me , are you serious ? And why only 50 GB space , Can we add more ?

16 vCPU 2.20/3.60GHz

96 GB RAM DDR4 ECC

50 GB SAS 10K

Can you also post a AUP cuz i dont see anywhere into your site

• Your website seems to be half-finished, please do it well and post again.

• BasToTheMaxBasToTheMax Member, Host Rep

@plumberg said:
    No docker support on LxC?

Any reason why?
    Welcome!

LXC has support for docker, but the host needs to enable nesting and FUSE if I'm correct

Thanked by 1plumberg

@Ght said:
    No sense for me , are you serious ? And why only 50 GB space , Can we add more ?

16 vCPU 2.20/3.60GHz

96 GB RAM DDR4 ECC

50 GB SAS 10K

Can you also post a AUP cuz i dont see anywhere into your site

Yeah. The storage amount is really low for all plans in my opinion

@jingfanqin said:
    Your website seems to be half-finished, please do it well and post again.

Have you found a translate button? Everything is in the France language, which I'm not the best in.

• @BasToTheMax said: Have you found a translate button? Everything is in the France language, which I'm not the best in.

Not on the website,but Firefox local translation worked for me.

• @Hakim said:
    16 vCPU 2.20/3.60GHz
    96 GB DDR4 ECC Ram
    50 GB SAS 10K HDD

Who would need that much CPU and RAM on 50GB SAS disk? :D :D :D

Thanked by 1BasToTheMax
  • plumbergplumberg Veteran
    edited November 2023

@BasToTheMax said:

@plumberg said:
    No docker support on LxC?

Any reason why?
    Welcome!

LXC has support for docker, but the host needs to enable nesting and FUSE if I'm correct

Yeh. Docker support is important

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@tronyx said:

@Hakim said:
    16 vCPU 2.20/3.60GHz
    96 GB DDR4 ECC Ram
    50 GB SAS 10K HDD

Who would need that much CPU and RAM on 50GB SAS disk? :D :D :D

I do, but only if Docker works and IPv6 is available.
    My software can use this RAM for in memory caching.
    Storage can be as low as 10GB.

• BEFORE YOU BUY ANYTHING CHECK PROVIDERS POSTS AND DISCUSSIONS

This is like 4th company/name we see - search for previous one too.

also gonna flag this post and ask moderators/admins to double-check what company this user was granted Patron Provider and maybe it's a time to verify it again.

Thanked by 3Ght yoursunny shruub
  • @JabJab said:

BEFORE YOU BUY ANYTHING CHECK PROVIDERS POSTS AND DISCUSSIONS

This is like 4th company/name we see - search for previous one too.

also gonna flag this post and ask moderators/admins to double-check what company this user was granted Patron Provider and maybe it's a time to verify it again.

Totally agreed.

• low af storage

• @notdennis said:
    low af storage

Thanks for your feedback. We will be looking into this after our next deadpool.

• @Hakim said:
    16 vCPU 2.20/3.60GHz
    96 GB DDR4 ECC Ram
    50 GB SAS 10K HDD

Yes ofc, RAM is the new storage.

This discussion has been closed.