Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Serious problem with Hetzner sign up - Banned instantly
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Serious problem with Hetzner sign up - Banned instantly

valadiskvaladisk Member
edited November 2023 in General

I was for years a customer of Hetzner. I had a Hetzner cloud instance with Windows and I used it for downloading movies (Plex) because here in Greece speeds are too slow. It was always behind a VPN, expecially the Airvpn VPN. Never received a DMCA notice, nothing at all. Never exposed the ip of the server to public internet, in other words never caused trouble to hetzner.

After 1 year I lost my password manager, so I lost the login details and I didnt paid the invoices generated. Every time I am trying to create a new account now I get instantly banned. Any idea what to do? Sorry for my english and thnx in advance for your kind answer.
Of course there a lot of other services, but I had everything in one place. Cloud instances, hetzner storage boxes, and a blog. All in one place.

Now I am using berohost.de but do you have any idea how to make hetzner accept my registration?

Comments

• Paranoid.

• @valadisk said: how to make hetzner accept my registration?

I highly doubt they ever will.

• @sillycat said:

@valadisk said: how to make hetzner accept my registration?

I highly doubt they ever will.

so, i will not be able to user hetzner in my life again?

• @valadisk said: so, i will not be able to user hetzner in my life again?

Why do you need them again?
    A huge number of alternative providers. If they don't want to accept you, why are you clinging to them again?

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited November 2023

So you have an account with them already and you are trying to create next one(s) and you wonder why they are banned?

Have you like... tried to recover the first account? You should have recovery key. If you "lost" it too there for sure is manual way with ID and such to go around it.
    https://docs.hetzner.com/accounts-panel/accounts/two-factor-authentication/#what-happens-if-i-lost-my-recovery-key

• valadiskvaladisk Member
    edited November 2023

@JabJab said:
    So you have an account with them already and you are trying to create next one(s) and you wonder why they are banned?

Have you like... tried to recover the first account? You should have recovery key. If you "lost" it too there for sure is manual way with ID and such to go around it.
    https://docs.hetzner.com/accounts-panel/accounts/two-factor-authentication/#what-happens-if-i-lost-my-recovery-key

everything was at that password manager.
    I had the recovery key in the notes section of my login details, in the password manager.
    And have passed many months, i dont have access to email, I dont even remember the email of that first Hetzner account.

• I also got banned from Hetzner after registering. Did not use them before, then I don't know why I got banned.
    But I realized that if I contact them and have any luck that they accept my account creation, they may have another reason to terminate it and ban me again in the future, so I decided to quit and chose another provider, @HostEONS

Thanked by 1jenkki
  • Contact Hetzner by sending an email, and they can perhaps arrange a way to prove that you own that account (payment methods, etc). If you truly lost everything, then you are out of luck; you could be someone trying to take over an account. Opening alt accounts will never help.

Thanked by 1jenkki
  • if you provide legal document they didn't cares, they just doing reject your account that's all.

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

I think they reject the creation because you still have outstanding debts, the cloud is not prepaid.

Thanked by 3reinob AXYZE RapToN
  • @PHP_Friends said:
    I think they reject the creation because you still have outstanding debts, the cloud is not prepaid.

100%, and his explanation for not paying the previous debt is a little ..shall we say...shaky?

• valadiskvaladisk Member
    edited November 2023

@Sululu said:

@PHP_Friends said:

100%, and his explanation for not paying the previous debt is a little ..shall we say...shaky?

I am not trying to convince anyone. I am just looking for suggestions on my problem.
    And I am not blaming Hetzner either

• @valadisk said: And I am not blaming Hetzner either

Than what? Are you saying that you blame your-self in front of a mirror? Hetz is well known to say hard "GTFO". Unpaid bills is very valid business reason to shunt you out and never have any business relationship.

It is not possible to get unbanned your account once hetz says "no". Of course maybe you will find Martin's phone number and pass him a SMS with "bro, unblock, ayea".

• @valadisk said: Now I am using berohost.de but do you have any idea how to make hetzner accept my registration?

Show them the schnitzel.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@valadisk said:
    I didnt paid the invoices generated.

This..

Here's a story similar to you..

Many many years ago, I had an account with Hetzner with 1 active Dedicated Server which I didn't use for a while..

So I totally forgot about that server..

But Hetzner generated bills for many month until they took the decision to remove my account and use a Debts to a collector of my country.

The new company contacted me for the recovery of the payment so I contacted hetzner for more information and also asked if they can restore my old account

They said no

So how I solved the issue?

I clear all Debts instantly by depositing all unpaid money to their bank account (They don't accept PayPal for debt collection) via swift.

Then they allow me to create a new fresh account and did that and verified my ID

So if you still want to use Hetzner then just follow my path

• @PHP_Friends said:

You opened my eyes.
    I created a new account and at verification it gave me two options. Paypal or ID. I always tried id. Now I chose Paypal and paid 20 euros and everything works fine.