Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Issue with Interserver
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Issue with Interserver

I was looking for a 7900x dedicated server. Found an offer from Intersever. I asked the support if the server is readily available and he said yes. So I paid. Now they are telling me that it would take days(no ETA specified). This is bad service. I have a product launch in 2 days and I have to move the app to a server asap. Is their customer support always bad? because I need to trust my service provider for long term. Should I ask for refund and find another provider ? Guidance required from senior members

Comments

• I have used their service for long time before 2019. Their support team was good then. They helped me lots of time that time. I have stopped using their service as i need server in Singapore only due to latency. First ask them for a solution if they fail try to purchase from other providers and tell them to refund since you don't have much time in hand. Hopefully they will give you a solution soon or refund it.

• @jobayer said:
    I have used their service for long time before 2019. Their support team was good then. They helped me lots of time that time. I have stopped using their service as i need server in Singapore only due to latency. First ask them for a solution if they fail try to purchase from other providers and tell them to refund since you don't have much time in hand. Hopefully they will give you a solution soon or refund it.

they have no definite ETA for a deployment. Stating "several days", when I ask them ETA on server deployment, is not helpful. And I am supposed to have enterprise level support.

Any other dedicated server provider you recommend

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@ManaChetah said:

@jobayer said:
    I have used their service for long time before 2019. Their support team was good then. They helped me lots of time that time. I have stopped using their service as i need server in Singapore only due to latency. First ask them for a solution if they fail try to purchase from other providers and tell them to refund since you don't have much time in hand. Hopefully they will give you a solution soon or refund it.

they have no definite ETA for a deployment. Stating "several days", when I ask them ETA on server deployment, is not helpful. And I am supposed to have enterprise level support.

https://www.reliablesite.net/dedicated-servers/12-core-server/amd-ryzen-7900-192GB

In stock, ready for deploy instantly.

• Sucks that they left you in the lurch like that, I always assumed they were a higher quality provider.

• AlexPadsAlexPads Member, Host Rep

The do have this https://www.interserver.net/tips/kb/dedicated-server-provisioning-times/ shows an average of 24hrs for a 7900X deployment.

• @ManaChetah said:

Since you have not mentioned the location and budget here is my suggestion:

For Netherlands: worldstream.com @WorldStream (i have used their dedicated server for more than 2 years, average support response time is less than 5 minutes ! Unbelievably fast support and best among all the providers I have ever used)

Germany: hetzner @Hetzner_OL ( very decent hardware, value for money provider, support is little bit slow compare to others but good )

Usa and Singapore: Contabo (only dedicated), their support response time is around one to two hour ( you call call them to get fast response, they are good. Recently they have added ryzen server) @contabo_m

USA:
    Hivelocity.com @Hivelocity
    Reliablesite.net @MrRadic

You can purchase from any of these providers blindly. These providers have a good reputation and have been doing business for a very long time.

• i would recommend you to ask refund if they can't provision the server as they told you before.

about other options, if you go for reliablesite, don't use their NY location, or you will end up cancelling and loosing money.

LA and FL are good enough.

• interservermikeinterservermike Member, Patron Provider

Sorry for the delay. The order volume had got us backed up. If you would like a refund please send me a PM with account info. It looks like @MrRadic ^^ has the server you need and is desperate for business.

Thanked by 1MrRadic
  • You have a product launch in 2 days and yet only looked for a server now.

If it smells like bs I am gonna call it bs

Thanked by 1thane
  • @hennaboy said: You have a product launch in 2 days and yet only looked for a server now.

People don't like await. They need all and right now.

• @jenkki said:

@hennaboy said: You have a product launch in 2 days and yet only looked for a server now.

People don't like await. They need all and right now.

I have a launch yesterday why did you not deliver my server 5 days ago

I am going to go straight to LET and make a bad post.

• @hennaboy said: I have a launch yesterday why did you not deliver my server 5 days ago >I am going to go straight to LET and make a bad post.

That human nature.