Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HAZI.ro | Configure your own server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HAZI.ro | Configure your own server

FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

Hey!

Our hardware supplier recently offered us 20 servers with the basic configuration as follows at a rather advantageous price:
1x Intel Xeon E3-1270 V5 - 4C / 8T 3.60GHz (Boost 4.00GHz)
64GB DDR4 ECC 2400MHz
Redundant PSUs
Single Gigabit NIC
Up to 4 drives.

Since we already have both 1.2TB SSDs and 3 and 4TB HDDs in stock, I would like to know which configurations you would like and how much you would be willing to pay for them.

I don't consider seeing servers with less RAM or less than 4 disks because space limits us to sell as many resources as possible at a lower price, not the lowest price on the market.

To prevent unnecessary discussions about the Internet connection, if we purchase this batch of hardware we will definitely switch to 5Gbps guaranteed and we will offer all customers who purchase a dedicated server at least 50TB per month.

Thank you all in advance for the constructive comments!

Thanked by 1yoursunny

Comments

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

Hetzner offers similar dedis and they have 2 x 480 GB Datacenter SSD, thus I think you should definitely consider it

Thanked by 1FlorinMarian
  • FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@tentor said:
    Hetzner offers similar dedis and they have 2 x 480 GB Datacenter SSD, thus I think you should definitely consider it

For a similar CPU and the same 64GB RAM, but with 2x 500GB SSD or 2x 2TB HDD, Hetzner asks for ~ 35 EUR.

I think that they offer unlimited traffic and permanently ensure 1Gbps, but they can ask for the KYC procedure, they are much stricter with abuses and they don't accept crypto payments.

I think that 60 EUR/month would be a decent price for the resources that my clients receive, namely:

• Intel Xeon E3-1270 V5 - 4C / 8T 3.60GHz (Boost 4.00GHz)
    • 64GB DDR4 ECC 2400MHz
    • 1Gbps best effort, 500Mbps guaranteed
    • 50TB/month traffic included
    • 4 disks of your choice: 1.2TB SSD or 3-4TB HDD 7.2K RPM Enterprise

Well I have tried to persuade you to lower your price and offer smaller disks but you seem not to listen for any other opinions. If big company has chosen smaller disks for similar configuration then this decision is definitely well thought.

@tentor said:
    Well I have tried to persuade you to lower your price and offer smaller disks but you seem not to listen for any other opinions. If big company has chosen smaller disks for similar configuration then this decision is definitely well thought.

I already have the storage media in stock, it wouldn't make any sense to buy others because the current ones are hard to sell.

edited November 2023

@FlorinMarian said: I already have the storage media in stock, it wouldn't make any sense to buy others

but

@FlorinMarian said: I would like to know which configurations you would like

I just dont get what you try to achieve with this post.

Thanked by 1adly

@tentor said:

@FlorinMarian said: I already have the storage media in stock, it wouldn't make any sense to buy others

but

@FlorinMarian said: I would like to know which configurations you would like

I just dont get what you try to achieve with this post.

I wanted to know what combinations people would prefer, like:

• 4 HDDs
    • 4 SSDs
    • 2 HDD, 2 SSD
      Because the ideal would be to have a standard offer so that you don't find yourself selling only half of the dedicated ones and you're left with HDD/SDD in stock that nobody wants.

You should've done poll for that then :)

• That E3 is old. What motivation is to buy it? 2nd gen ryzen would outperform this in tdp and compute power.

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • @FlorinMarian said:

@tentor said:

For a similar CPU and the same 64GB RAM, but with 2x 500GB SSD or 2x 2TB HDD, Hetzner asks for ~ 35 EUR.

For a better CPU and double the RAM, I have a i9-9900K (8c, 16t), 128GB RAM, 2x1 TB NVMe, 1Gbps, didn't ask for KYC, I pay €56 per month. I also think that crypto is for suckers, and I don't care about being strict about abuses, because I run legitimate sites.

I think that 60 EUR/month would be a decent price for the resources that my clients receive, namely:

• 64GB DDR4 ECC 2400MHz

The Hetzner beats your proposal every way, unless you really want 4 slower drives instead of 2 fast NVMe.

But from your own admission, you want to attract people who don't want to do KYC, want to pay in crypto and are worried about abuse reports. Those people probably want more bandwidth, and would probably use PulsedMedia where they can get similar to what you're offering, but better network connection for about half the price you're suggesting.

Also "500Mbps guaranteed"? Last time someone used 500Mbps for a couple of hours, you started a rant post about how people should be more considerate about shared resources.

Thanked by 1adly

@ralf said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@tentor said:

For a better CPU and double the RAM, I have a i9-9900K (8c, 16t), 128GB RAM, 2x1 TB NVMe, 1Gbps, didn't ask for KYC, I pay €56 per month. I also think that crypto is for suckers, and I don't care about being strict about abuses, because I run legitimate sites.

• 64GB DDR4 ECC 2400MHz

The Hetzner beats your proposal every way, unless you really want 4 slower drives instead of 2 fast NVMe.

But from your own admission, you want to attract people who don't want to do KYC, want to pay in crypto and are worried about abuse reports. Those people probably want more bandwidth, and would probably use PulsedMedia where they can get similar to what you're offering, but better network connection for about half the price you're suggesting.

Also "500Mbps guaranteed"? Last time someone used 500Mbps for a couple of hours, you started a rant post about how people should be more considerate about shared resources.

Currently we have 1150Mbps guaranted (2Gbps best-effort) and we'll upgrade to 5Gbps guaranteed.
    Thanks again for your useful comment!

edited November 2023

@FlorinMarian said: Currently we have 1150Mbps guaranted

I think ralf meant that your phrasing is misinterpreted as guaranteed per a virtual machine and not an entire DC home site

Thanked by 1adly

@tentor said:

@FlorinMarian said: Currently we have 1150Mbps guaranted

I think ralf meant that your phrasing is misinterpreted as guaranteed per a virtual machine and not an entire DC home site

500Mbps will be guaranteed per DS