Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best way to port forward local ISP behind CGNAT?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best way to port forward local ISP behind CGNAT?

I want to expose few ports from my local PC's to the internet, what would be the best way considering my home network is behind ISP's CGNAT..

I used ngrok long time ago, are there any more/reliable services which offer domain masking as well?

Comments

• mrl22mrl22 Member
    edited November 2023

I would use a VPN on a Linux VPS and configure it to give you a static local IP then port forward the public IP ports to your local IP VPN IP. Or an alternative to ngrok is expose.dev.

Thanked by 1nikozin
  • @mrl22 said:
    I would use a VPN on a Linux VPS and configure it to give you a static local IP then port forward the public IP ports to your local IP VPN IP. Or an alternative to ngrok is expose.dev.

The VPN strategy seems straight forward, any link to wireguard configuration or script?

• may be useful this wireguard configuration tool: https://www.wireguardconfig.com

• IPv6

Thanked by 1cochon
  • Easiest way to do this is use Tailscale/ZeroTier. Cloudflare Tunnel should work too.

• You can create a reverse SSH tunnel though a remote VPS.

• The wireguard road warrior script is one line with prompts, always works for me. super simple.
    https://github.com/Nyr/wireguard-install

Not 100% sure what you need to do, but assuming you're exposing web apps or services, I personally just use cloudflare for dns, and either self signed ssl or cloufdflare origin cert. for exposing ports, i just open one port 443 to Nginx Proxy Manager, and use this to redirect to all the additional ports / different services.

• Cloudflare tunnels free, easy and amazing!

• @nikozin said:

@mrl22 said:

The VPN strategy seems straight forward, any link to wireguard configuration or script?

I use OpenVPN with Tunnelblick on Mac, not used Wireguard. I'm a Laravel dev

• Did you try to ask your ISP to give public IP? Én my country bigger ISPs give public IPv4 address if I ask, however, smaller providers no or ask extra money for that.

• frps/frpc proxy

Thanked by 1nikozin