Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WordPress only host
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WordPress only host

Wondering providers that LET members working with for WordPress only hosting. No emails just WordPress hosting.

Any provider using bespoke panel, like rocket, Kinsta, wpengine.

Apologies if its off LET discussion.

Comments

• LeviLevi Member
    edited November 2023

Mmm, there is shameless plug [link]

Mod edit (angstrom): deleted link

Thanked by 1vikiahm3d
  • JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

@vikiahm3d said:
    Wondering providers that LET members working with for WordPress only hosting. No emails just WordPress hosting.

Hey @vikiahm3d

we offer wordpress hosting which included email , but we can do you a custom plan where email is not available in the UK if that would be suitable for you?

Thanked by 1mwt
  • @LTniger said:
    Mmm, there is shameless plug https://prohostia.com

Definitely giving this a try today. Thank you for the recommendation.

• @Jasonhyperhost said:

@vikiahm3d said:

Hey @vikiahm3d

we offer wordpress hosting which included email , but we can do you a custom plan where email is not available in the UK if that would be suitable for you?

Thank you @Jasonhyperhost I am quite happy with @speedypage for Shared hosting using cpanel ideally looking for providers who are using clustered environment, I have an option of hosting own services using Enhance or Runcloud but ideally looking to offload that to people who know what they doing.

Mostly for customers who are looking for high availability and zero downtime.

Thanked by 1speedypage
  • thanethane Member
    edited November 2023

Just fyi, enhance doesn't have HA capability yet - may not ever, or at least not in the foreseeable future. The way I have my cluster setup is backups run every 3 hours, in event of a downed node we would redeploy that node from the backup server (we have a standby server idling just for this) - so customers may lose up to 3 hours of data and downtime could last 30-60 minutes. We will be testing bi-hourly and hourly backups soon, not sure if it will work though, so much dedicated CPU just for backups running constantly... The backups server is on a 1Gbps port and all NVMe, so the backups restore/run pretty quick. HA would be cool, but it's so costly to implement at the moment for WP sites at scale, best we can do is minimize downtime from hardware failures.

Thanked by 2vikiahm3d hiphiphip0
  • Cloudpanel

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

JoneSolutions.com offer enhance

20i.com has their own panel - emails are on separate servers

Krystal use their own cloud servers for hosting websites on CPanel if your after something more funky.

Thanked by 1vikiahm3d
  • @vikiahm3d said: I am quite happy with @speedypage for Shared hosting

Just curious: Does SpeedyPage have its own DNS hosting or bunny.net DNS hosting?

• @Turbo_Pascal said:

@vikiahm3d said: I am quite happy with @speedypage for Shared hosting

Just curious: Does SpeedyPage have its own DNS hosting or bunny.net DNS hosting?

I think they use own Anycast DNS but @speedypage can confirm.

• Rocket.net?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Plesk module support Wordpress without any issues.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

We offer containerised, highly available and scalable WordPress - https://cloudjiffy.com/solutions/wordpress-cluster

Thanked by 1vikiahm3d
  • @leapswitch said:
    We offer containerised, highly available and scalable WordPress - https://cloudjiffy.com/solutions/wordpress-cluster

Thanks for that, i did looked into Jelastic but then was not sure how much management overhead it would be if there is an issue and requires troubleshooting.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@vikiahm3d said:

@leapswitch said:

Thanks for that, i did looked into Jelastic but then was not sure how much management overhead it would be if there is an issue and requires troubleshooting.

Our team can help out, we do free migrations and initial tuning as well.

• JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

@vikiahm3d said:

@Jasonhyperhost said:

@vikiahm3d said:

Hey @vikiahm3d

Thank you @Jasonhyperhost I am quite happy with @speedypage for Shared hosting using cpanel ideally looking for providers who are using clustered environment, I have an option of hosting own services using Enhance or Runcloud but ideally looking to offload that to people who know what they doing.

Mostly for customers who are looking for high availability and zero downtime.

at the moment sadly we are not offering HA with our hosting , its on our Roadmap but not there with HA for that small circle that requires for HA just yet, our normal hosting should be more than enough for you , unless HA is a Deal breaker for you

• @thane said:
    Just fyi, enhance doesn't have HA capability yet - may not ever, or at least not in the foreseeable future. The way I have my cluster setup is backups run every 3 hours, in event of a downed node we would redeploy that node from the backup server (we have a standby server idling just for this) - so customers may lose up to 3 hours of data and downtime could last 30-60 minutes. We will be testing bi-hourly and hourly backups soon, not sure if it will work though, so much dedicated CPU just for backups running constantly... The backups server is on a 1Gbps port and all NVMe, so the backups restore/run pretty quick. HA would be cool, but it's so costly to implement at the moment for WP sites at scale, best we can do is minimize downtime from hardware failures.

What are you using for redeploy? I always have this question when using enhance or runcloud. Create webapps, databases, users, and configurations through their control panel takes time. If I create them with shell, they would not show on the control panel.

• thanethane Member
    edited November 2023

@hiphiphip0 enhance has its own disaster recovery scheme for redeploying a downed server. It's easy through the UI, you can "decommission" a downed server and then select "move sites to a new server". Having a new server on standby for this eventuality is handy just for saving the time it takes to order a new server and set it up. With a beefy backup server (good CPU/ram/NVMe) the restore goes really fast, as the standby server pulls the last backup from the backups server. Enhance auto updates DNS for all the sites too, which is nice. So from the admin side, the whole process takes a few minutes and few button clicks, then enhance handles the rest.

The only downside is that decommissioning and moving sites to a new server from the backup server is irreversible. So depending on how old the backups are, customers can lose some data. That's why we're running backups every 3 hours, and planning to test 2 and 1 hourly backups... In our main hosting product (not enhance) SOP is to redeploy sites to a standby server as a temporary measure, then once the original server is fixed then the old sites would be reactivated (orchestrated manually via floating IPs and cloud infrastructure).

Thanked by 2hiphiphip0 vikiahm3d
  • Didn't anyone mentioned wordpress.com?

• @thane said:
    @hiphiphip0 enhance has its own disaster recovery scheme for redeploying a downed server. It's easy through the UI, you can "decommission" a downed server and then select "move sites to a new server". Having a new server on standby for this eventuality is handy just for saving the time it takes to order a new server and set it up. With a beefy backup server (good CPU/ram/NVMe) the restore goes really fast, as the standby server pulls the last backup from the backups server. Enhance auto updates DNS for all the sites too, which is nice. So from the admin side, the whole process takes a few minutes and few button clicks, then enhance handles the rest.

The only downside is that decommissioning and moving sites to a new server from the backup server is irreversible. So depending on how old the backups are, customers can lose some data. That's why we're running backups every 3 hours, and planning to test 2 and 1 hourly backups... In our main hosting product (not enhance) SOP is to redeploy sites to a standby server as a temporary measure, then once the original server is fixed then the old sites would be reactivated (orchestrated manually via floating IPs and cloud infrastructure).

Did you offload any of the backups to s3 object storage and see if that's going to expedite the process.

I have not yet played end to end. Waiting for Advin to commission the new genoa and I'll get my hands dirty with it.

• @thane said:
    enhance has its own disaster recovery scheme for redeploying a downed server. It's easy t......infrastructure).

Nice approach.
    If they could back up server configurations etc., then sites could be switched easily between main and standby servers.

I thought of 2 ways to create a standby server:
    1, Use their API to create webapps and users. It still takes time.
    2, Configure a server manually, the server is not connected to runcloud. Since it's for temporary use, it's fine.

For database catch up, I saw this a few days ago:
    https://instawp.com/workflows/2-ways-sync/

• @vikiahm3d said:

@thane said:

Did you offload any of the backups to s3 object storage and see if that's going to expedite the process.

I have not yet played end to end. Waiting for Advin to commission the new genoa and I'll get my hands dirty with it.

Nah, the Enhance backups system is only incremental for their dedicated backups server option. Their new S3 compatible backups is heavy as it takes a full backup of each account and xfers that as a tar, so it's very slow... The regular backups to a dedicated backups server is quick and incremental though.

With that under consideration, I'm not even planning to use the S3 backups. The dedicated server works great and I can have that running at a different DC as an added precaution.

• @hiphiphip0 said:

@thane said:
    enhance has its own disaster recovery scheme for redeploying a downed server. It's easy t......infrastructure).

Nice approach.
    If they could back up server configurations etc., then sites could be switched easily between main and standby servers.

I thought of 2 ways to create a standby server:
    1, Use their API to create webapps and users. It still takes time.
    2, Configure a server manually, the server is not connected to runcloud. Since it's for temporary use, it's fine.

For database catch up, I saw this a few days ago:
    https://instawp.com/workflows/2-ways-sync/

All our Enhance hosting servers are the same specs, so we've already pre-configured the standby server to be optimized and fully ready to go as a complete replacement for one of our regular hosting servers. In a disaster scenario where deployment from backup was the preferable option we'd already have the empty standby server fully set to host sites, it's just a matter of telling enhance to do it, from that point it's just waiting for files to transfer from the backups server to the standby server - enhance handles all the DNS changes automatically for all sites so the transition is pretty seamless and hands-free.

If we had a single tenant VPS or Dedicated server with enhance, then we could still use the standby server as a temporary stand-in, it'd probably just need a little tweaking to match what the client had on the dead server as far as config goes.

It would be nice if the enhance cluster had more automation or HA capabilities, and the devs were interested in doing that, but I guess it's out of reach for them for now. It's fine though, if we can get even 2 hour backups working on a server then that's great, can't complain about only losing 2 hours of data in a serious disaster situation.

That plugin looks interesting, but isn't it just for staging sites? Enhance has a staging site functionality built in, though it has some interesting quirks.

Thanked by 1hiphiphip0