Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS for haproxy
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS for haproxy

Hey guys, I'm looking for 1-2 vpses to host haproxy, around 15-20TB up and down so 30-40TB total per month per vps.

I'm thinking about ovh or hetzner, what would you choose? Any better options when it comes to network quality?

Comments

• If your servers/targets are already with Hetzner, then it's a solid choice.
    Especially for the amount of bandwidth you get.

If that's already the case, is there something HAProxy offers that Hetzner's load balancers don't? There'd be way less for you to manage.

• remyremy Member
    edited November 2023

OVH network was reputed to be better than Hetzner
    I don't know if that's still the case today

But where are your applications hosted?
    It's easier to get everything from the same provider using 2 different datacenters

• ralfralf Member
    edited November 2023

@tjn said:
    If your servers/targets are already with Hetzner, then it's a solid choice.
    Especially for the amount of bandwidth you get.

I've not actually set it up yet, but if you have a Hetz server and Hetz VMs you can run a private net between them that doesn't count towards bandwidth usage.

(although I note that OP doesn't actually say his servers are Hetz, just that he was consider OVH or Hetz)

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@dodheimsgard said:
    I'm thinking about ovh or hetzner, what would you choose? Any better options when it comes to network quality?

If you have the money -> @Hybula (those guys also have a IPX all over AMS + surroundings)

• vsys_hostvsys_host Member, Patron Provider

Hello!

Our VPS 1Gbps plans with up to 60TB traffic should fit your needs.

BF discounts for these plans are available too: https://vsys.host/blackfriday/

• @dodheimsgard said: 1-2 vpses to host haproxy

What about specs?