Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What happens if you use all 30 GreenCloud VPS rebuilds?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What happens if you use all 30 GreenCloud VPS rebuilds?

The reason that I am asking is that I am getting dangerously close to using all my 30 rebuilds. Bear in mind I've had this VPS for a couple of years. I had to rebuild just now and could feel my heart racing and started to sweat slightly. I wonder if anyone has experienced this event and could talk about it here. I don't really want to ask GreenCloud support in case they think I'm a loser.

Comments

• @meditatingsurgeon said:
    The reason that I am asking is that I am getting dangerously close to using all my 30 rebuilds. Bear in mind I've had this VPS for a couple of years. I had to rebuild just now and could feel my heart racing and started to sweat slightly. I wonder if anyone has experienced this event and could talk about it here. I don't really want to ask GreenCloud support in case they think I'm a loser.

I thought if you rebuilt in the VPS control panel then it didn't count?

• @hennaboy said: I thought if you rebuilt in the VPS control panel then it didn't count?

• @hennaboy - that's what I did, there's a countdown on all of the VPS control panels but this poor little Ryzen in NL is the closest.
  • No idea then. I see the count in the client area but not in the control panel.

Perhaps they reset it back to 30 for you if you ask nicely :)

• @hennaboy said: Perhaps they reset it back to 30 for you if you ask nicely

I wish...

It kind of feels like I've got 9 points on my driving licence :disappointed:

Thanked by 2yoursunny dahartigan
  • You have to contact their support for further rebuilds I think.

Thanked by 1meditatingsurgeon
  • Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited November 2023

@meditatingsurgeon said:

@hennaboy said: Perhaps they reset it back to 30 for you if you ask nicely

I wish...

It kind of feels like I've got 9 points on my driving licence :disappointed:

No seriously. if you've had a VPS with someone for years, unless you're a pain in their ass, they'll likely roll that back for you with a ticket in to their support. I've never dealt with Greencloud personally, but folks around here seem to hold them in pretty high regard and there's usually a reason providers are seen that way. I've never seen you come off as anything but pleasant so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

@NDTN you think you could find it in your heart to roll back the odometer for our guy here?

• edited November 2023

@Don_Keedic - I have three rebuilds left - I always think this will be the last time!

• Limit is there so people won't abuse and kill the drives by constantly rebuilding - this was more HDD thing, NVMes are fast as fuck so it's not bad... but if you click it 30 times in 1 hour they will still get pissed off as you will affect other people on the machine.

If it's over span of few years every provider will just give you more / restart counter - just open ticket.
    If it's over two days you are fucked and this is created especially for people like you.

• @JabJab said: If it's over span of few years every provider will just give you more / restart counter - just open ticket.

If it's over two days you are fucked and this is created especially for people like you.

@JabJab - I appreciate the limits and can see why they have them. I'm pretty sure I've had this VPS for close to two years but I'd have to check.

• I thought at one point GreenCloud confirmed it's intended to be 30 rebuilds per month. not 30 total for the life of the service

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • edited November 2023

@sycot said: I thought at one point GreenCloud confirmed it's intended to be 30 rebuilds per month. not 30 total for the life of the service

@sycot I've just checked - I've had this VPS just over a year - September 2022, all the rebuilds have been since then and the counter says three left.

I've never had to rebuild a VPS 30 times in a month!
    (but should probably never say never :lol:)

• @meditatingsurgeon said:

@sycot said: I thought at one point GreenCloud confirmed it's intended to be 30 rebuilds per month. not 30 total for the life of the service

@sycot I've just checked - I've had this VPS just over a year - September 2022, all the rebuilds have been since then and the counter says three left.

I've never had to rebuild a VPS 30 times in a month!
    (but should probably never say never :lol:)

I've certainly used almost 10 in a month 😬

Thanked by 1meditatingsurgeon
  • Once I rebuild 6 times in one day due to issues when installing program

• Once I rebuild 6 times in one day due to issues when installing program
    @Liso - I've done the same with one of Racknerd's VPSs - They have a monthly rebuild limit (I'm not sure how many I did altogether), but it did reset the following month.

• nick_nick_ Member
    edited November 2023

Usually, I don't rebuild if I can install from an ISO. So the solution when you have used up all the rebuilds is to install an OS from an ISO. But they could be most likely reset via support.

Thanked by 2yoursunny wedge1001
  • NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@sycot said:
    I thought at one point GreenCloud confirmed it's intended to be 30 rebuilds per month. not 30 total for the life of the service

Correct, it's 30 rebuilds per month, reset monthly on SolusVM Control Panel.

• @NDTN said: Correct, it's 30 rebuilds per month, reset monthly on SolusVM Control Panel.

• Hi @NDTN thanks for the reply! - as I mentioned earlier, my counter has been running down since September last year, it doesn't reset every month (none of the VPSs that I have with GreenCloud do as far as I am aware) so what will happen after the last rebuild?
    • Would I have to wait till the start of the following month and then it would read 30 again? I don't want to come across as a 'frequent rebuilder' if that is indeed some kind of slur in this community.
  • NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@meditatingsurgeon said:

@NDTN said: Correct, it's 30 rebuilds per month, reset monthly on SolusVM Control Panel.

• Hi @NDTN thanks for the reply! - as I mentioned earlier, my counter has been running down since September last year, it doesn't reset every month (none of the VPSs that I have with GreenCloud do as far as I am aware) so what will happen after the last rebuild?
    • Would I have to wait till the start of the following month and then it would read 30 again? I don't want to come across as a 'frequent rebuilder' if that is indeed some kind of slur in this community.

It's "on SolusVM Control Panel", you should have the credentials to the SolusVM Control Panel on the KVM Information email that we have sent.

• Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited November 2023

@meditatingsurgeon said: I don't want to come across as a 'frequent rebuilder' if that is indeed some kind of slur in this community.

Dude, you're so far and away from being "that guy" it's hilarious. You're cool though man - keep being you. Your personality helps offset a few other people here who thinks the world revolves around them and botto line, positivity > negativity.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @NDTN said: It's "on SolusVM Control Panel", you should have the credentials to the SolusVM Control Panel on the KVM Information email that we have sent.

• Oh my God @NDTN - I didn't even realise there was a SolusVM Panel - I've been able to do most things on the main billing panel! Everything apart from rDNS but that's not possible on the Solus Panel either so I can see.
    • But there they were all my VPSs all lined up!
      Thank you @NDTN for clarifying both points - hope you don't think i'm too much of a loser! One happy customer - cheers :smile:
  • @Don_Keedic said: Dude, you're so far and away from being "that guy" it's hilarious. You're cool though man - keep being you

@Don_Keedic, thanks for your words, it surprises me how much time I spend on LET and it is actually one of the few places I can really be myself.
    I think that says a lot for the community in general! :smiley:

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @NDTN said:

@sycot said:
    I thought at one point GreenCloud confirmed it's intended to be 30 rebuilds per month. not 30 total for the life of the service

Correct, it's 30 rebuilds per month, reset monthly on SolusVM Control Panel.

Glad to hear. I just recently rebuild my vps 13 in a row due to issue with podman. You know, podman isn't really nice with networking. At some point, the container didn't had connectivity. In other hand, docker's container works perfectly. Dunno where the problem is. So, i need to install docker and podman simultaneously.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@meditatingsurgeon said:
    I didn't even realise there was a SolusVM Panel - I've been able to do most things on the main billing panel!

Does it feel like going to the amusement park for the first time?

• @yoursunny said: Does it feel like going to the amusement park for the first time?

@yoursunny - Kind of...not as much as this morning when I tried out the new panel offered to me by @Abd - absolutely fabulous - haven't seen anything like it :smiley:
    So all in all a good Saturday!
    p.s. The Enhance panel recently started offering IPV6 support but sadly not -IPV6 only- the VPSs still need an IPV4 to communicate - hopefully something for the future :smile:

Thanked by 1Abd