Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2023 Black Friday Cyber Monday - FLASH SALE + MEGATHREAD - Page 355
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2023 Black Friday Cyber Monday - FLASH SALE + MEGATHREAD

Comments

• @c1vhosting said:

12TB STORAGE HDD SAS VPS

• Specs: KVM, 2 vCore CPU, 2GB DDR4 ECC RAM, 20GB SSD NVMe PCIe, dedicated 12TB HDD SAS 12G - passthrough, 30TB @ 1Gbps, 1 IPv4, 1 IPv6 address.
    • Regular Price: €300,12/year incl. VAT
    • Black Friday Price: €151,22/year incl. VAT (less than €1.05/month/TB)
    • Discount code: BLACKFRIDAYWITHC1V

Order Now
    ONLY 8 IN STOCK - DELIVERY MID DECEMBER

DOUBLE CORE, RAM, NVME DISK, BW IF ORDERED TODAY

WHRE ARE CHICKENS

Thanked by 1warmingforg
  • ralfralf Member
    edited November 2023

@c1vhosting said:

12TB STORAGE HDD SAS VPS

"Without the add-on, if your disk fails, we offer transparent replacement for €100."

Do you use a brand-new disk for every customer? Seems a bit unfair that you could get a knackered disk and then penalised when it fails through no fault of your own.

EDIT: actually, it seems unfair even if it's a brand-new drive. If it fails within 3 years, it'd still be covered by warranty. And after that, you'd have long since made your profit on the hosting. I've never heard of any other providers charging for faulty disks, what made you decide it was a good idea?

Thanked by 3emgh webcraft aj_potc
  • MortyGMortyG Member
    edited November 2023

@repuc said:
    Deals
    Available with limited stocks.
    [..]
    OS: Windows 11 / Windows 10 / Windows Server 2022 / Windows Server 2019 / Windows Server 2012 / Ubuntu 22.04 / Ubuntu 20.04 / Debian 11 / Debian 10 / Centos 8 / Centos 7 / Alma 8 / Rocky 8

Windows Server 2022 license included, activated?
    Is IPv6 included too?
    Thanks.

• @c1vhosting my cart is feeling lil empty, are we getting chickens or not

• SwordfishBESwordfishBE Member
    edited November 2023

@ralf said:

@c1vhosting said:

12TB STORAGE HDD SAS VPS

"Without the add-on, if your disk fails, we offer transparent replacement for €100."

Do you use a brand-new disk for every customer? Seems a bit unfair that you could get a knackered disk and then penalised when it fails through no fault of your own.

EDIT: actually, it seems unfair even if it's a brand-new drive. If it fails within 3 years, it'd still be covered by warranty. And after that, you'd have long since made your profit on the hosting. I've never heard of any other providers charging for faulty disks, what made you decide it was a good idea?

I agree. This is very weird and I think even not legal. If you get into an agreement that you get 12TB of working diskspace, the provider has to provide you with working 12TB of storage...

• What happends if the disk breaks, I don't have the addon, and I don't want to pay €100? Either I'm forced to, which is weird, or I get to pay monthly for a broken server, which is even more weird, or, I have to cancel and reorder the exact same deal, which is one step EVEN MORE weird lmao

• @emgh said:
    What happends if the disk breaks, I don't have the addon, and I don't want to pay €100? Either I'm forced to, which is weird, or I get to pay monthly for a broken server, which is even more weird, or, I have to cancel and reorder the exact same deal, which is one step EVEN MORE weird lmao

Yeah, exactly. If there's less than 8 months service remaining, you might as well just cut your losses and go elsewhere.

Thanked by 3emgh SwordfishBE op23
  • 🍿🍿🍿

• C1V looking for a HDD with major overheating issues, weird sounds, and sudden substantial slowdowns to put into the server to make sure that those €100 WILL be invoiced lmao:

• @ralf said:

@emgh said:
    What happends if the disk breaks, I don't have the addon, and I don't want to pay €100? Either I'm forced to, which is weird, or I get to pay monthly for a broken server, which is even more weird, or, I have to cancel and reorder the exact same deal, which is one step EVEN MORE weird lmao

Yeah, exactly. If there's less than 8 months service remaining, you might as well just cut your losses and go elsewhere.

That would be a breach of contract. In the real world I would then be entitled to compensation?

• tenperatenpera Member
    edited November 2023

@awmbilisim, what is your relationship with the other provider @repuc?

• @tenpera said:
    @awmbilisim, what is your relationship with the other provider @repuc?

We have a data centre, we are the main provider, our company has just started to serve users, before that we were only serving companies.

• @ralf said: Do you use a brand-new disk for every customer? Seems a bit unfair that you could get a knackered disk and then penalised when it fails through no fault of your own.

No, they are in excellent conditions. At this crazy price, you can't get everything free. This is fair, you should understand it.

@ralf said: EDIT: actually, it seems unfair even if it's a brand-new drive. If it fails within 3 years, it'd still be covered by warranty. And after that, you'd have long since made your profit on the hosting. I've never heard of any other providers charging for faulty disks, what made you decide it was a good idea?

This is a dedicated disk offer. You never heard of any other providers because almost no one does this offer type.

• @doobydoe said:

@c1vhosting my cart is feeling lil empty, are we getting chickens or not

The chicken has flown away.

• @emgh said: What happends if the disk breaks, I don't have the addon, and I don't want to pay €100? Either I'm forced to, which is weird, or I get to pay monthly for a broken server, which is even more weird, or, I have to cancel and reorder the exact same deal, which is one step EVEN MORE weird lmao

Just server ends at the end of the billing cycle.

Thanked by 1dxjose1
  • @SwordfishBE said: I agree. This is very weird and I think even not legal. If you get into an agreement that you get 12TB of working diskspace, the provider has to provide you with working 12TB of storage...

>

Absolutely legal. You should read carefully what the offer type is

Thanked by 1dxjose1
  • @warmingforg said:

@doobydoe said:

@c1vhosting my cart is feeling lil empty, are we getting chickens or not

The chicken has flown away.

What kitchen are you looking to get?

Thanked by 1dxjose1
  • Technically speaking the price is €191.22 if one wants piece of mind. Still €16/mo which isn’t bad, but it would be nice if there was a way to offer the service without the caveats, may be a bit higher to allow probability of disk failure replacement costs or just allow pro-rated refund to customer if they don’t want to continue with the server when the disk fails and they don’t pay €100.

Thanked by 1c1vhosting
  • @op23 said:
    Technically speaking the price is €191.22 if one wants piece of mind. Still €16/mo which isn’t bad, but it would be nice if there was a way to offer the service without the caveats, may be a bit higher to allow probability of disk failure replacement costs or just allow pro-rated refund to customer if they don’t want to continue with the server when the disk fails and they don’t pay €100.

I appreciate your help . I'll surely consider this ;)

Thanked by 1op23
  • STORAGE DEDICATED SERVER PROMO

Dell PowerEdge R330 (4x LFF)

CPU Intel Xeon E3-1270 v5
    RAM 64GB DDR4 ECC
    SSD PCIe NVMe 500GB
    HDD SAS 2x 12TB
    50TB @ 1Gbps bandwidth
    4 IPv4
    /48 IPv6
    BGP Session

Price: €384.30/year VAT incl.

Available in limited quantity.
    Direct message to order!

Thanked by 3dxjose1 op23 FAT32
  • @c1vhosting said:

STORAGE DEDICATED SERVER PROMO

RAM 64GB DDR4 ECC
    SSD PCIe NVMe 500GB
    HDD SAS 2x 12TB
    50TB @ 1Gbps bandwidth
    4 IPv4
    /48 IPv6
    BGP Session

Direct message to order!

Unlimited bandwidth?

• @c1vhosting said:

@ralf said: Do you use a brand-new disk for every customer? Seems a bit unfair that you could get a knackered disk and then penalised when it fails through no fault of your own.

No, they are in excellent conditions. At this crazy price, you can't get everything free. This is fair, you should understand it.

Sorry, because you invoked the "crazy price, you can't get everything free" argument, I'm calling BS on this.

You put an old disk into a server, who knows who's used it and for what purpose before, and you charge me if it fails? That's BS, plain and simple.

@ralf said: EDIT: actually, it seems unfair even if it's a brand-new drive. If it fails within 3 years, it'd still be covered by warranty. And after that, you'd have long since made your profit on the hosting. I've never heard of any other providers charging for faulty disks, what made you decide it was a good idea?

This is a dedicated disk offer. You never heard of any other providers because almost no one does this offer type.

Several other providers offer dedicated disks. The part I've never heard of before is them charging you if the disk fails. That's unusual.

And again, why? If the drive is under 3 years old, you'd be able to get a replacement from the manufacturer under warranty. You're not paying, so why should the customer pay? The only logical conclusion is that you're using disks that are over 3 years old, and you know have a high chance of failing, or else you wouldn't even have thought of this possibility.

• c1vhostingc1vhosting Member
    edited November 2023

@lala_th said:

@c1vhosting said:

STORAGE DEDICATED SERVER PROMO

RAM 64GB DDR4 ECC
    SSD PCIe NVMe 500GB
    HDD SAS 2x 12TB
    50TB @ 1Gbps bandwidth
    4 IPv4
    /48 IPv6
    BGP Session

Direct message to order!

Unlimited bandwidth?

For you yes! Order within today!

Thanked by 2lala_th dxjose1
  • @ralf said:

@c1vhosting said:

@ralf said: Do you use a brand-new disk for every customer? Seems a bit unfair that you could get a knackered disk and then penalised when it fails through no fault of your own.

Sorry, because you invoked the "crazy price, you can't get everything free" argument, I'm calling BS on this.

You put an old disk into a server, who knows who's used it and for what purpose before, and you charge me if it fails? That's BS, plain and simple.

Several other providers offer dedicated disks. The part I've never heard of before is them charging you if the disk fails. That's unusual.

And again, why? If the drive is under 3 years old, you'd be able to get a replacement from the manufacturer under warranty. You're not paying, so why should the customer pay? The only logical conclusion is that you're using disks that are over 3 years old, and you know have a high chance of failing, or else you wouldn't even have thought of this possibility.

HI,
    I understand that it may not be right for you and that you may have mixed opinions.

Those who order the service can choose to activate a sort of "disk failure insurance policy", at a ridiculously low cost. The option to use it or not was entrusted to the Customer.
    I trust in your awareness of the offer.

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

@NetDynamics24 said:

@FAT32 said:

27/11 20:40

NetDynamics24: $59/m 48TB HDD Dedi in Utah

Let's make it more interesting: Choose 3 months billing cycle and use the coupon code: FAT32 to save $32+$1 bonus! Hurry up before it expires...
    The discount is lifetime recurring! Only $1.12/mo per TB!

Now for only ONE order, unmetered bandwidth! Only ONE! NOW!

Thanked by 2dxjose1 FAT32
  • @NetDynamics24 said:

@NetDynamics24 said:

@FAT32 said:

Let's make it more interesting: Choose 3 months billing cycle and use the coupon code: FAT32 to save $32+$1 bonus! Hurry up before it expires...

chicken deals?

• @NetDynamics24 said:

@NetDynamics24 said:

@FAT32 said:

Missed it but another amazing deal from you !

Thanked by 1NetDynamics24
  • @c1vhosting said:

Not true. If I rent a dedicated server and the hard drive fails, it will be replaced.
    You 'rent' a vps with dedicated resources, you need to supply those dedicated resources untill the end of the contract.
    What you do is also false advertisement with hidden costs, all this is very much illegal.

• @SwordfishBE said: Not true. If I rent a dedicated server and the hard drive fails, it will be replaced.

You 'rent' a vps with dedicated resources, you need to supply those dedicated resources untill the end of the contract.
    What you do is also false advertisement with hidden costs, all this is very much illegal.

Come on, it's all written down. Don't accuse us of fake ads with hidden costs and being illegal.
    We are 10000% transparent