Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2023 Black Friday Cyber Monday - FLASH SALE + MEGATHREAD - Page 247
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2023 Black Friday Cyber Monday - FLASH SALE + MEGATHREAD

Comments

• @Greyhound said:
    I got 70% off but I'm still upset just because someone else may get 90% off :/

Look at it this way, saved your self a headache.

Thanked by 1op23
  • LET70-617DDEB6
    70%

Thanked by 1six
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@op23 said:

@FAT32 said:
    If you got 60%, please try to solve the captcha again. There's a logic bug that caused more people to get 60% than intended.

Clicking on link shows coupon code and you can’t go to captcha page without being logged in LET so it all seems one time only

that means you are not affected, I updated the logic and cleared the record when I deploy the new logic

Thanked by 2admax op23
  • LET80-38C34D9E 80% VirMach -- Help Yourself

27/11 05:20

Fresent: 40%* Incises URL Link Shortener Licenses

• Pricing Page -> https://incises.com/pricing
    • Promo codes:
      • LETSOCIAL - 20% Off Incises - 5
      • LETINCISES - 30% Off Incises - 10
      • LETGROUP - 40% Off Incises - 5

Retslav: €2.49+/m 2-8GB Anti-DDoS Unmetered KVM VPS in Amsterdam

• VPS-XS 50% OFF (Yearly) in AMSTERDAM
    • 1 vCore
    • 2 GB Ram
    • 32 GB NVMe (or Normal SSD)
    • 1 Gb/s Up/Down (Unmetered)
    • 1 IPv4 & 2.5 Tbps DDoS-Protection
    • Now Just €25/yr
    • Get your Deal at: https://billing.retslav.nl/VPS
    • Coupon code: LET-191123
    Thanked by 1admax
  • @FAT32 said:

@op23 said:

@FAT32 said:
    If you got 60%, please try to solve the captcha again. There's a logic bug that caused more people to get 60% than intended.

Clicking on link shows coupon code and you can’t go to captcha page without being logged in LET so it all seems one time only

that means you are not affected, I updated the logic and cleared the record when I deploy the new logic

I had to re-load it several times after your message, so there may have been some caching somewhere too. But it still gave me 60%, so I decided not to bother.

Thanked by 3emgh admax FAT32
  • LET70-7078F8AE,if anyone need it 70%

• @FAT32 said:

• Promo codes:

How they turned it into a business surprises me. I ran an url shortener service with tiny.pk but bcoz of spam complaints shut it down & even let the domain go. Not a real viable business imo.

• emghemgh Member
    edited November 2023

I mean

The % looks very high

And it's a good offer for unimportant test stuff

HOWEVER, considering it's VIRMACH, with their history, $22.40 for 2 GB RAM in the EU with 80 % off isn't that worth it if it's any more important than 2/10 tbh

I mean, it's a really nice price, and there's no way they're making a profit (at least a meaningful one), but HostHatch very recently did 2GB as well, with lesser disk and fewer cores, sure, for basically the same price ($25)

I wonder if this is a consequence of the fact that I now view servers more as "work" and less as "hobby" but when stable providers are close enough in price to deals, no matter how crazy they are, you really should consider if the deal with little fewer resources isn't the best for you after all

As said, good for unimportant test stuff, I can definitely see scenarios where it's worth it, this is more intended for people saving just a few dollars by getting VirMach'd and then crying about it later

• @FAT32 said:

@i4P1 said:
    I thought the colour of tiles matters :'(

I am sorry. The tiles were slightly colored mainly to confuse the bots, but didn't know the differences were so big that it affected you :(

I've only just read back and saw this. Quite fun, but I also thought the colours mattered and tried to get them in order at first until I noticed someone had completed it really quickly and realised it probably didn't matter.

I think I'd have preferred it with actual chess pieces and a couple of moves played, e.g. arrange to king's gambit.

Thanked by 1i4P1
  • Virmach is a piece of shit and I beg not to post Virmach quotes.

Thanked by 1op23
  • F5 20 times, still 60% , 100hit , just a game, hah ~

Thanked by 1GckJoy
  • Has VirMach done something wrong to the MJJs? The hate is real.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • fresentfresent Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2023

@raza19 said:

@FAT32 said:

• Promo codes:

How they turned it into a business surprises me. I ran an url shortener service with tiny.pk but bcoz of spam complaints shut it down & even let the domain go. Not a real viable business imo.

Simple, because you didn't had a USP. And no other URL service (except one other) provider what we provide. CTA on any url. ;)

We even know a client which made tones of money during biden vs trump campaign using our service.
    In short he took a real news article having biden vs trump controversy, applied a CTA on it for an affiliate offer, that was for trump coin, and promoted that link in all high emotion group.
    Not claiming what was done as ethical, but it made a very interesting case study for us.

Plus you get complaints because you allow public to create spam links on your domain. We give small chuck of that only as free user, and paid users can bring their own domain.

Thanked by 1raza19
  • Bruh, i still get a 60% off code. Please display the probabilities for this gacha game! >:)

Thanked by 1admax
  • @i4P1 said:
    Bruh, i still get a 60% off code. Please display the probabilities for this gacha game! >:)

I can DM you 70 % if you're going to use it

Thanked by 1i4P1
  • @Murv said:
    Has VirMach done something wrong to the MJJs? The hate is real.

They did a fun little social experiment where they were down all the time.

Thanked by 1evergreen
  • JonesJones Member
    edited November 2023

Stay away from VirMach. is a piece of shit

Thanked by 1Franzkafka
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited November 2023

Scored a VirMach Tokyo 2 core Ryzen 5900X, 2GB, 60GB NVMe, 3TB transfer, with regular support for $12.40 a year with a 90% off coupon.

• @emgh said: They did a fun little social experiment where they were down all the time.

Thanked by 2BBTN emgh
  • @emgh said:

@Murv said:
    Has VirMach done something wrong to the MJJs? The hate is real.

They did a fun little social experiment where they were down all the time.

SERVER DOWN ALL THE TIME.
    NOT IN GOOG STANDING.
    FORCE MIGRATION.

Thanked by 2evergreen emgh
  • @emgh said:
    I wonder if this is a consequence of the fact that I now view servers more as "work" and less as "hobby" but when stable providers are close enough in price to deals, no matter how crazy they are, you really should consider if the deal with little fewer resources isn't the best for you after all

Yeah, I've found that there haven't really been any "fun" deals this year. Plenty of good discounts on reasonable packages with reliable providers that would work well for a small company website. Plenty of good deals on higher end stuff. A surprising number of very expensive dedi deals that seem decidedly not-lowend, e.g. the $450/m one. Maybe it was a good discount, but it's not what's normally seen at LET because it's so far beyond the normal price limits for offers.

And there don't seem to have really been that many fun deals where you buy something you really don't need (at least for me) just because it was so bargain basement. So far, probably the highlight for me was the banter from crunchbits and ian-dot-tech last night.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @emgh said:

@i4P1 said:
    Bruh, i still get a 60% off code. Please display the probabilities for this gacha game! >:)

I can DM you 70 % if you're going to use it

Thank you, but I don't plan to buy anything from Virmach. Just treating it as a gacha game. o:)

Thanked by 1emgh

Ok let me explain a little bit. It is intended that each user can only spin once.

The odds varies depends on multiple reasons, but basically this detection logic have issues and caused more 60% than intended.

How I solve it is basically just clear all the 60% records so you can re-roll again. You might be rolling it after I already run my purge command which explain why you cannot roll again.

Anyway, the cache issue is harder to solve because we designed the system to be highly scalable and the cache propagation takes time.

Either case, in our system we can already see at least 5 users got the 90% codes, please comment below to prove that it is real :)

Thanked by 5admax i4P1 ralf emgh ktaog6
  • wuckwuck Member
    edited November 2023

@FAT32 said:

27/11 04:40

VirMach: 60-90% NVMe1G to NVMe4G in US/EU/APAC, 1GB from $5/yr

Coupon codes will be randomly distributed, with either 60%, 70%, 80% or 90% recurring discount

Note: odds vary for different users

edit: nvm

• @FrankZ said: 90% off coupon

Congratz,
    You've gotten the SSR 5* banner exclusive waifu

Thanked by 4FrankZ i4P1 FAT32 admax

@wuck said:
    Got a 90% that doesn't work on any of the offer interesting :*

NVMe1G not working?

Thanked by 1admax
  • @FAT32 said: The odds varies depends on multiple reasons

I don't even care about VirMach but now I'm really curious about the odds

Thanked by 4i4P1 FAT32 BBTN emgh
  • @FrankZ said:
    a year

A Virmach year. So 345 days if you're lucky but I hope it works out for you.

Thanked by 2i4P1 emgh