Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I use MXRoute instead of Mailpace for transactional email?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can I use MXRoute instead of Mailpace for transactional email?

Question for @jar and others who might know.

At the moment I use Mailpace to send emails from a few apps (you know things like sign up confirmation emails, forgot password and things like that) as well as a few notifications from servers for failed backups etc.

The volume of emails I send is very low, in an entire month I use Mailpace to send around 100 emails, mostly notifications.

So it's regular transactional email, nothing to do with newsletters. Since the volume is so low, can I just use my MXRoute setup to send this kind of emails? I don't see any point paying for a separate service that I use very little if I can send these emails via MXRoute already.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• @vitobotta said:

At the moment I use Mailpace to send emails from a few apps (you know things like sign up confirmation emails, forgot password and things like that) as well as a few notifications from servers for failed backups etc.

The volume of emails I send is very low, in an entire month I use Mailpace to send around 100 emails, mostly notifications.

So it's regular transactional email, nothing to do with newsletters. Since the volume is so low, can I just use my MXRoute setup to send this kind of emails? I don't see any point paying for a separate service that I use very little if I can send these emails via MXRoute already.

Thanks in advance.

You can use mxroute for transactional, sending like 3000 transactional emails per day.

• @Thundas said:

@vitobotta said:

Thanks in advance.

You can use mxroute for transactional, sending like 3000 transactional emails per day.

So it's allowed? No problems?

• Also, say that I create an account in MXRoute for a domain of mine for backup notifications. I only want to send those emails via MXRoute but I don't need to keep them in the Sent folder of the sender account. How can I delete them automatically so that they don't use storage space?

• I did a test using the SMTP directly and it seems that the email was not stored in the Sent folder. So am I understanding it correctly that the emails get stored in Sent only when they are sent by a regular email client?

• I found this https://mxroutedocs.com/presales/limits/

So looks like I am good. Thanks @Thundas for confirming :)

• Hey! Yeah, you can use it, won't be an issue :smiley:

• Yes. I use it for alarm notifications, sign up verification, and password resets etc... The volume is pretty low. I have accounts set for a limit of 150 emails a day just in case a major alarm event happens and notifications keep being sent. When that happens the 150 limit is the least of my problems.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Transactional is most of what we do, it’s more than okay.

@vitobotta said:
    Also, say that I create an account in MXRoute for a domain of mine for backup notifications. I only want to send those emails via MXRoute but I don't need to keep them in the Sent folder of the sender account. How can I delete them automatically so that they don't use storage space?

The email client is what writes an email to the Sent folder so your software probably won’t do that.

• @jar said:
    Transactional is most of what we do, it’s more than okay.

@vitobotta said:
    Also, say that I create an account in MXRoute for a domain of mine for backup notifications. I only want to send those emails via MXRoute but I don't need to keep them in the Sent folder of the sender account. How can I delete them automatically so that they don't use storage space?

The email client is what writes an email to the Sent folder so your software probably won’t do that.

Yeah that's what I figured. It's nice, I thought I'd have to set some rules somewhere or manually cleanup.

• Transactional mails are the most ideal usecase for almost all mailing services, not just mxroute. You can use it for personal mails too. Just sometimes when you send cold mails or persistent annoying newsletters, people would report the mails and flag them as spam, which deteriorates the reputations of the mailing ip's, so mxroute would probably ban you if you do such things. Other than that, you are good to go.