Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question regarding Netcup VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Question regarding Netcup VPS

I currently run a Piped instance (YouTube proxy), but I’m in need of a new server. I found Netcup to fit my needs.

However, I’m not sure whether I should go with a VPS or a rootserver. My current server peaks at just under 1 gigabits per second and users keep growing. I’m not sure if I can use the full gigabit on a VPS. I also couldn’t find anything about a CPU FUP. My current CPU usage is around 35%, with 45% peak.

Comments

• You better go with a rootserver or use Hetzner for this.

From netcup T&Cs:

In using the services as provided by netcup, the customer undertakes to maintain compliance with the applicable provisions of the law and to refrain from activities that could result in service disruptions affecting servers operated by netcup. The following activities are expressly prohibited:

• Running server services that cause a particularly high CPU load; this does not apply in the case of dedicated and root servers
  • dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited November 2023

@user59826 said:
    I currently run a Piped instance (YouTube proxy), but I’m in need of a new server. I found Netcup to fit my needs.

However, I’m not sure whether I should go with a VPS or a rootserver. My current server peaks at just under 1 gigabits per second and users keep growing. I’m not sure if I can use the full gigabit on a VPS. I also couldn’t find anything about a CPU FUP. My current CPU usage is around 35%, with 45% peak.

@rsk @labze @HostEONS
    Check with them % cpu allowed

Personally I would go for VDS ( 2 ryzen cores)
    or VPS with 5-6 Ryzen vCores

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Hello @user54321 check our deals https://panel.ihostart.com/index.php?rp=/store/vps-kvm-ssd we have dedicated CPUs

Regards