Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best bang for the buck Providers in US
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best bang for the buck Providers in US

Poked around the internet and so far the most solid option for folks located in the USA is really IONOS? They have very competitive pricing and it just feels like you get a decent bang for the buck not to mention phone support and support in general. Has anyone tried their VPS or their hosting packages? Sounds to me like they went the Amazon(marketplace) route (Not AWS..) route and decided to lose money.

Comments

• Stay away from IONOS

Thanked by 2Greyhound Xrmaddness
  • IONOS aka 1&1 has been shit for over a decade.

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness
  • @Don_Keedic said:
    IONOS aka 1&1 has been shit for over a decade.

Interesting, forgot about that they came from 1&1.

• Depends what you're looking for, for a vps or vds, I'd consider crunchbits, buyvm or hetzner.

Thanked by 1Helesta
  • It's interesting to notice which ones you left out.

• HosteroidHosteroid Member, Patron Provider

@Turbo_Pascal said:
    It's interesting to notice which ones you left out.

Same thing I wanted to say.. :)

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited November 2023

@Hosteroid said:

@Turbo_Pascal said:
    It's interesting to notice which ones you left out.

Same thing I wanted to say.. :)

I missed out on few names .....

@Abd Web Horizon
    @Advin Advin Servers
    @Hosteroid
    @mxmla Server Factory
    @Shakib
    @servarica_hani ServaRICA

Thanked by 2Abd servarica_hani
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@dev_vps said:
    My list would include
    buyvm InceptionHosting Hetzner_OL

These are not US companies.
    Credit card charge triggers international transaction fees.

• @yoursunny said:

@dev_vps said:
    My list would include

Hetzner US doesn’t trigger credit card fees for me and BuyVM never triggered international credit card fees through PayPal but I never tried something other than PayPal with BuyVM. I know the credit card I used does charge international transactions fees too.

• @InceptionHosting and @Hosteroid
    are two providers whom I have VPS under $20 / year
    and running Windows Server OS

No performance issues.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited November 2023

@yoursunny said:

@dev_vps said:
    My list would include

Not with Apple Card

Netcup 1 euro VPS charge

Thanked by 1Helesta
  • OVH Limited Edition VPS are pretty good for "bang for the buck". Crunchbits is also one that comes to mind.

Thanked by 1Helesta
  • @bgerard said: hetzner

@bgerard said:
    Depends what you're looking for, for a vps or vds, I'd consider crunchbits, buyvm or hetzner.

Is the main difference between VPS and VDS is that VDS guarantees the resources you are getting in the package vs VPS is pretty much shared resources but does not necessarily mean you're getting snail speeds. I am going to be doing a good chunk of file uploading and not big files maybe 1 MB max per. I noticed VPS has nvme hard drives vs VDS ssd at least on crunchbits. I don't think ssd technologies are going to be game changers for me. Does anyone know if crunchbits is going to have a Black Friday sale coming up?

• @BruhGamer12 said:

@yoursunny said:

@dev_vps said:
    My list would include

Hetzner US doesn’t trigger credit card fees for me and BuyVM never triggered international credit card fees through PayPal but I never tried something other than PayPal with BuyVM. I know the credit card I used does charge international transactions fees too.

Hetzner US does trigger CC fees for me. Not sure if that's a CC-specific matter or whether there's something on Hetzner's end that affects that. In my case, it's a small, percentage-based fee that, even with the charge, makes Hetzner a great fit for my needs. I'd love to be able to avoid the fee, but at this point it hasn't risen to the level of seeing if there are reasonably simple ways around it.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited November 2023

@muddy said:

@BruhGamer12 said:

@yoursunny said:

@dev_vps said:
    My list would include

Hetzner US does trigger CC fees for me. Not sure if that's a CC-specific matter or whether there's something on Hetzner's end that affects that. In my case, it's a small, percentage-based fee that, even with the charge, makes Hetzner a great fit for my needs. I'd love to be able to avoid the fee, but at this point it hasn't risen to the level of seeing if there are reasonably simple ways around it.

Apple card does not charge any extra fees for transactions in foreign currencies
    Even when charge was just 1 euro or 10 INR

• @dev_vps said:

@muddy said:

@BruhGamer12 said:

@yoursunny said:

@dev_vps said:
    My list would include

Apple card does not charge any extra fees for transactions in foreign currencies
    Even when charge was just 1 euro or 10 INR

Thanks....I'm aware that there are CC that don't incur foreign transaction charges. My monthly Hetzner charge is the only foreign transaction that I have had in the past 5 years, so I hadn't really felt it worthwhile to open another CC to avoid those charges, but perhaps I should consider it! I mean, that $2USD/month does add up :-)