Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Recommendation Request: 100 Gbps Bandwidth and IP Range for Ping Tests
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Recommendation Request: 100 Gbps Bandwidth and IP Range for Ping Tests

I'm in search of a VPS provider with impressive 100 Gbps bandwidth. My primary interest lies in a stable, high-speed connection. Additionally, I am keen on obtaining an IP range for ping tests.

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Can you clarify your requirements regarding an actual VM you’re looking to purchase?

• @Clouvider said:
    Can you clarify your requirements regarding an actual VM you’re looking to purchase?

Certainly! I'm looking for a virtual machine with the following requirements:

• Operating System: Ubuntu 20.04
    • Bandwidth: unlimited
    • Additional Features: Preferably with root access and the ability to customize firewall settings.

Please let me know if you have any suitable options or if there are any additional questions.

To clarify, you are after 100 Gbps unmetered VPS?

• GoodLeaf-CloudGoodLeaf-Cloud Member, Patron Provider

What are you looking to pay monthly?

• @nbgames said:
    What are you looking to pay monthly?

11$/year 😎

• @Clouvider said:
    To clarify, you are after 100 Gbps unmetered VPS?

Yes, that's correct. I'm open to either a 100 Gbps VPS or an unmetered VPS, whichever option is available and meets the requirements. Please provide information on both, and I'll consider the best fit for my needs. Thank you!

Budget?

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited November 2023

How do you even want to use 100Gbit on a VPS?
    If you want to do anything with TLS (HTTPS or whatever) it will be impossible to reach these speeds or more expensive than dedicated server with nice NIC and kTLS.

Even if you manage to reach 100Gbit then to which point? From DC to DC? From one country to another? From NA to Europe? And with how much connection/threads? And how you want to overcome storage performance, even if its NVMe RAID10?

If you need these speeds its not just "a VPS", its whole infrastructure design and in most cases you should split this into several 10Gbit boxes located in different DC's to act as CDN.
    With 100Gbit you need to worry about TLS performance, CPU performance, RAM performance, storage performance... and even if you all of these will be fine then roundtrips in CPU itself can be limiting factor.

All things considered, explain your infra/architecture design idea so you wont end up with 100Gbps VPS where you can reach 20% of that.

Clouvider, ReliableSite, FDCServers (Cogent only tho) are nice choices for high bandwidth servers at good prices. Get some 10Gbit servers from them, do some kind od load balancing and you can easily get 100Gbit. But from single VPS? Hell no.

Thanked by 2Peppery9 wedge1001
  • I think he wants 100GB bandwidth or unlimited Port. Otherwise, 100Gbps on a VPS that unmeter is not possible.

Maybe NASA can help you with a direct satellite link to your home? Or you can ask Elon for help too!

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

100Gbps for Ping tests? :trollface:

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2023

What's your budget and what are you using it for? A VPS would most likely not be able to use the full 100 Gbps due to the virtual NIC, you would need bare metal hardware for that in order to reach those speeds.

The only provider I am aware of that publicly offers and advertises those types of speeds on a server is FDCServers which will start at $2,000/month for an unmetered 100 Gbps connection: https://www.fdcservers.net/configurator?fixedFilter=15

This is a really good deal compared to what the IP transit itself most likely costs for 100 Gbps. We could maybe do a 100 Gbps port with a 10-20 Gbps allocation but we would need strong justification and it would most likely be in the $1k-$2k+ per month range

If you can settle for a 20 Gbps - 40 Gbps VPS port, we can offer 20 Gbps with up to 330TB (or more) bandwidth for relatively cheap. There are a few providers that offer VPS's with a 40 Gbps port, but that is extremely rare.

• @bikrama said:
    I think he wants 100GB bandwidth or unlimited Port. Otherwise, 100Gbps on a VPS that unmeter is not possible.

Maybe NASA can help you with a direct satellite link to your home? Or you can ask Elon for help too!

Apologies for the confusion in my previous message. I mistakenly wrote '100 Gbps' instead of '100 GB' bandwidth. I am indeed looking for a VPS with 100GB bandwidth or better would be if unlimted. If you have any recommendations or information within these corrected parameters, I'd appreciate it. Thank you for your understanding.

• BruhGamer12BruhGamer12 Member
    edited November 2023

@tentor said:
    100Gbps for Ping tests? :trollface:

Need 100 gbps to test very thoroughly the ping on the enemy team on MW3 just for academic purposes.

• he killed all the fun
    no 100gbps speed test :(

• BruhGamer12BruhGamer12 Member
    edited November 2023

@Gprky said:

@bikrama said:
    I think he wants 100GB bandwidth or unlimited Port. Otherwise, 100Gbps on a VPS that unmeter is not possible.

Apologies for the confusion in my previous message. I mistakenly wrote '100 Gbps' instead of '100 GB' bandwidth. I am indeed looking for a VPS with 100GB bandwidth or better would be if unlimted. If you have any recommendations or information within these corrected parameters, I'd appreciate it. Thank you for your understanding.

Oh 100gb of data? Is your looking for people who are sympathetic to your censorship struggle from ur dictatorship government or just generally free speech leaning and are in Europe, close to your country, than look at buying from @HostSlick @Francisco @MannDude - I have used all 3 and they will provide much more than 100gb of data in bandwidth. Also wait for Black Friday next Friday since it will have a lot of discounts. ColoCrossing has a $10 a year unmetered 1gbps vps in New York right now though.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited November 2023

There is huge difference between unlimited port and 100 GB of bandwidth - this makes no sense.
    You should really research what you want to buy.

Also year is 2023 and I think everyone gives you 100GB of bandwidth, even on cheapest yearly deal in craziest expensive/exotic location.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2023

@BruhGamer12 said:

@Gprky said:

@bikrama said:

Oh 100gb of data? Is your looking for people who are sympathetic to your censorship struggle from ur dictatorship government or just generally free speech leaning and are in Europe, close to your country, than look at buying from @HostSlick @Francisco @MannDude - I have used all 3 and they will provide much more than 100gb of data in bandwidth. Also wait for Black Friday next Friday since it will have a lot of discounts. ColoCrossing has a $10 a year unmetered 1gbps vps in New York right now though.

Pretty sure our ASN is blocked by all of Turkmenistan by now. We've tried to help in the past, but providers should be prepared for frequent requests for IP changes, "What other subnets do you have?" requests, "Can I have an IP to test?" requests, etc.

Certainly sympathetic to the cause but not a whole lot one can do to accommodate them as what works today likely won't in a week's time.

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited November 2023

Virtual machines with 100 Gbps dedicated port and unmetered bandwidth are available on FABRIC testbed.
    They are open to NSF sponsored research projects.
    I've been using them to run benchmarks since 2020.
    Performance is impressive.

IP range: 10.128.0.0/17
    They are only reachable from within FABRIC testbed.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2023

@MannDude said:

@BruhGamer12 said:

@Gprky said:

@bikrama said:

Pretty sure our ASN is blocked by all of Turkmenistan by now. We've tried to help in the past, but providers should be prepared for frequent requests for IP changes, "What other subnets do you have?" requests, "Can I have an IP to test?" requests, etc.

Certainly sympathetic to the cause but not a whole lot one can do to accommodate them as what works today likely won't in a week's time.

Other Problem is their lazyness, incompetence and Budget also.

I mean its not like i cant announce them multiple ASNs in our Router and Split Ranges under Those ASNs and Forward it to the same Server.

But obviously i wont do all The Work for Them other then doing the announcements. Given that We Talk about good Business. Not a VPS.