Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sponsorship
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Sponsorship

We just lost our sponsorship from HX Servers almost at the final phases of development. Originally HX Servers offered to sponsor us but 2 days or so our VPS was shut down. I found out recently that there were some issues with their system not notifying users. I am trying to push this along and I doubt HX will answer us if they are willing to continue our sponsorship. Our VPS was 120 GB nve and 8GB RAM with unmetered bandwidth. This was pretty much ideal for us. The agreement we had was that we place a logo on either corner of the web application. If anyone is willing to sponsor us we can also do the same. If you need more details about what we are building I will share that information with you privately.

Comments

• gbzret4dgbzret4d Member
    edited November 2023

Share it here in the thread so everyone can read what you are developing. Nobody will sponsor you if they have to ask you what you want them to sponsor

Thanked by 2tentor emgh
  • HosteroidHosteroid Member, Patron Provider

@Helesta said:
    We just lost our sponsorship from HX Servers almost at the final phases of development. Originally HX Servers offered to sponsor us but 2 days or so our VPS was shut down. I found out recently that there were some issues with their system not notifying users. I am trying to push this along and I doubt HX will answer us if they are willing to continue our sponsorship. Our VPS was 120 GB nve and 8GB RAM with unmetered bandwidth. This was pretty much ideal for us. The agreement we had was that we place a logo on either corner of the web application. If anyone is willing to sponsor us we can also do the same. If you need more details about what we are building I will share that information with you privately.

Share the info and maybe we can help out..

• We're building an image-sharing application using Elixir with Pheonix Live View. I have been facing huge challenges with other providers like postimages.org which worked very well for us but are totally unstable. They go down a lot and in the midst of needing image direct links at certain periods of time, they would be down and hence not being able to use their service. 99% of image links are used for vendors like Overstock, and Wayfair who have specific image requirements and require "direct links" when using these share links on their product onboarding Excel workbooks or platforms. This is more meant to be used internally and by our clients rather than becoming a pure public service like postiages.org or Imgur. We also have a company that loads our product on Amazon and they also access the image library to download and low them on there. I hope this is a much better qualification for what we need VPS for deployment of the application.

• @Helesta said:
    We're building an image-sharing application using Elixir with Pheonix Live View. I have been facing huge challenges with other providers like postimages.org which worked very well for us but are totally unstable. They go down a lot and in the midst of needing image direct links at certain periods of time, they would be down and hence not being able to use their service. 99% of image links are used for vendors like Overstock, and Wayfair who have specific image requirements and require "direct links" when using these share links on their product onboarding Excel workbooks or platforms. This is more meant to be used internally and by our clients rather than becoming a pure public service like postiages.org or Imgur. We also have a company that loads our product on Amazon and they also access the image library to download and low them on there. I hope this is a much better qualification for what we need VPS for deployment of the application.

Why do you think this qualifies for sponsorship?

• Same question. Why on earth do you think anyone would want to "sponsor" you for something that is meant to be an internal tool and not a public service that might drive traffic to the sponsor? This sounds more like charity than sponsorship to me.

• @hennaboy said:

It's very much a mutual relationship. Your company is advertised on the web application. the domain is not pointed to any IP at the moment but it will be a live site that anyone can pretty much visit. While we will not offer service to the public the site is not blocked from any traffic.

• I

Just

Don't

Know

What

To

Say

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • JabJabJabJab Member
    edited November 2023

@emgh said:
    I

Just

Don't

Know

What

To

Say

Just say yes and sponsor them VPS, duh.

I have no idea how they get a sponsorship in first place.
    I have no idea why they didn't talk with that postimages.org and help them.
    I have no idea how they want to run it more reliable with only one server.
    I have no idea what sponsor gets out of internal tool.
    I have no idea why the are seeking sponsor at all when all I can see "by our clients" and "company that loads our product on Amazon" - fucking use your profits and buy a VPS.

Thanked by 3emgh webcraft tentor
  • Not sure what your point is but you offered zero constructive criticism other than pure trolling.

• @vitobotta said:
    Same question. Why on earth do you think anyone would want to "sponsor" you for something that is meant to be an internal tool and not a public service that might drive traffic to the sponsor? This sounds more like charity than sponsorship to me.

I did not intend to post this and to turn it to 1 on 1 on marketing. If you're unable to see the value in this then that is fine. If You are reading my second post on here responding to the ask of "share the info" there are a lot of positives you can rule out and use to your own benefit. If you still don't see it, then I apologize but your vision is a bit too short as a business owner and I am not here to teach economics.

• @vitobotta said:
    Same question. Why on earth do you think anyone would want to "sponsor" you for something that is meant to be an internal tool and not a public service that might drive traffic to the sponsor? This sounds more like charity than sponsorship to me.

Exactly. I see very little incentive for someone to sponsor something that is internal.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @Helesta said:

@hennaboy said:

It's very much a mutual relationship. Your company is advertised on the web application. the domain is not pointed to any IP at the moment but it will be a live site that anyone can pretty much visit. While we will not offer service to the public the site is not blocked from any traffic.

Advertised to whom? Just your colleague? You said it's an internal tool.

Thanked by 2emgh webcraft
  • Its ok to ask for help or sponsorship but there seems little chance to get a sponsorship.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @Helesta said: I am not here to teach economics

That's very fitting because I don't think anyone here would be foolish enough to take your courses.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • Well, thanks for the engagement, everyone. Perhaps at some point > @vitobotta said:

@Helesta said:

@hennaboy said:

That is correct. Internal tool. Even as an internal tool, there are a lot of benefits to the provider. Stop looking at sole exposure by traffic and visits. The fact that I need to explain this to you clearly tells me you're not very knowledgeable in the business world.

• @Helesta said:
    Well, thanks for the engagement, everyone. Perhaps at some point > @vitobotta said:

@Helesta said:

@hennaboy said:

That is correct. Internal tool. Even as an internal tool, there are a lot of benefits to the provider. Stop looking at sole exposure by traffic and visits. The fact that I need to explain this to you clearly tells me you're not very knowledgeable in the business world.

and you are not very good at selling it considering your responses are borderline on rude.

Good luck you are going to need it.

Thanked by 2webcraft emgh
  • @emgh said:

@Helesta said: I am not here to teach economics

That's very fitting because I don't think anyone here would be foolish enough to take your courses.

Typical troll posting. I don't feel like engaging with you since you're nothing but pure negativity. Please move on and troll someone else.

• @Helesta said:

@emgh said:

@Helesta said: I am not here to teach economics

Typical troll posting. I don't feel like engaging with you since you're nothing but pure negativity. Please move on and troll someone else.

Lmao

You're engaging with me telling me you're not engaging

Peak addiction

• @hennaboy said:

@Helesta said:
    Well, thanks for the engagement, everyone. Perhaps at some point > @vitobotta said:

@Helesta said:

@hennaboy said:

and you are not very good at selling it considering your responses are borderline on rude.

Good luck you are going to need it.

I have not said anything rude at all. If that is your impression then I apologize but that was not my intention. It's a bit frustrating when you have clueless individuals that come along and just inject you with negativity. I was hoping for a much better conversation than it turned out to be. Look I am not promising you thousands of dollars as you gain from you sponsoring me. However, companies constantly are on the lookout for hosts for different purposes and you never know who will approach you for anything related to development, especially anything related to e-commerce. If someone reaches out to you and says, I need someone that can host my platform we are planning to launch and we need a reliable host If you tell them you currently have a client that built a tool that is being used for Wayfair, Overstock, Amazon, Walmart DSV then they may never ever heard of your company but they 100% heard at least about one of the 4 listed and that gives them much more confidence to choose you over someone else. Everyone just thinks about traffic and not outside of the box. It's fair to say I had my chance here and I will simply move along and seek it elsewhere. Thanks to everyone who responded.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Thread closed.

Thanked by 2skorupion emgh
This discussion has been closed.