Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

€1 VPS from netcup - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

€1 VPS from netcup

Comments

• @fendix said:

@Neoon said: My best guess, Netcup did not intend to release them yet.

Netcup created a private WhatsApp group a few days ago, where they posted some offers. Some of the offers included the Mini Servers, which were meant for testing by the community. Afterwards, they officially announced the products on the forum.

Okay, it's certainly possible that netcup intended these products for testing by the netcup-community, but they also had to anticipate that word would spread quickly beyond the netcup-community

Thanked by 1fendix
  • @angstrom said: unintended leak before netcup were ready to officially announce these three products

https://forum.netcup.de/information/announcements-surveys/17518-sortimentserweiterung-pre-release-unserer-neuen-kleinen-vps/?pageNo=1

They have announced it in their forum and it should soon be permanently available.

So far, however, it is only a preliminary offer.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @Ananchoreta said:

@angstrom said: unintended leak before netcup were ready to officially announce these three products

https://forum.netcup.de/information/announcements-surveys/17518-sortimentserweiterung-pre-release-unserer-neuen-kleinen-vps/?pageNo=1

They have announced it in their forum and it should soon be permanently available.

So far, however, it is only a preliminary offer.

I guess they weren't prepared for a bunch of crazies rushing out to frantically buy... just to have one more idle server.

Thanked by 1pbx
  • I'm late, luckily I can save 1 euro a month

Thanked by 2webcraft pbx
  • adnsadns Member

Is there anyone who ordered in the past weeks? My friend is waiting for the 1 or 2 euro package.

• I think that the Strato 1€ server is better, I bought both but cancelled the netcup server, the strato server has faster network and faster cpu, but the netcup server has faster disk (which is irrelevant for me).
    With the strato server I get up to 2 Gbit/s up and 6 Gbit/s down. The only catch of the strato server is that you get only one IPv6 and can't set rDNS for IPv6.

• @adns said:
    Is there anyone who ordered in the past weeks? My friend is waiting for the 1 or 2 euro package.

The links in the OP are for 1 month commitments which are OOS, but you can buy for a longer term:

12 month piko: https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/warenkorb_add.php?produkt=3422
    6 month nano: https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/warenkorb_add.php?produkt=3423
    3 month mikro: https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/warenkorb_add.php?produkt=3424

Thanked by 1adns
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@lukast__ said:
    I think that the Strato 1€ server is better, I bought both but cancelled the netcup server, the strato server has faster network and faster cpu, but the netcup server has faster disk (which is irrelevant for me).
    With the strato server I get up to 2 Gbit/s up and 6 Gbit/s down. The only catch of the strato server is that you get only one IPv6 and can't set rDNS for IPv6.

Yes the IONOS or Strato box is faster, however you can't max it out anyway.
    IONOS is actually better, multiple locations, same specs.

However depending on your needs, you might still wanna buy Netcup.

• @Neoon said: IONOS is actually better, multiple locations, same specs.

Are you sure? The last time I looked at IONOS it were only 10GB disc vs 30GB at Strato.

@lukast__ said:

@Neoon said: IONOS is actually better, multiple locations, same specs.

Are you sure? The last time I looked at IONOS it were only 10GB disc vs 30GB at Strato.

yea disk is smoller, 10gig uplink though and multiple locations.

• lukast__lukast__ Member
    edited February 6

@Neoon said: yea disk is smoller, 10gig uplink though and multiple locations.

I think at the Strato server it were also 10 Gbps, YABSing now. Multiple locations to choose from is obviously good.

Edit:

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    ---------------------------------
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.73 Gbits/sec  | 3.90 Gbits/sec  | 14.8 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 1.79 Gbits/sec  | 2.84 Gbits/sec  | 13.6 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 1.84 Gbits/sec  | 3.16 Gbits/sec  | 8.16 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 509 Mbits/sec   | 858 Mbits/sec   | 86.1 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.69 Gbits/sec  | 1.60 Gbits/sec  | 98.3 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 1.37 Gbits/sec  | 1.38 Gbits/sec  | 122 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 1.10 Gbits/sec  | 940 Mbits/sec   | 152 ms

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.84 Gbits/sec  | 5.43 Gbits/sec  | 14.7 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 1.86 Gbits/sec  | busy            | 13.8 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 1.89 Gbits/sec  | 6.11 Gbits/sec  | 7.64 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 430 Mbits/sec   | 2.22 Gbits/sec  | 85.0 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.61 Gbits/sec  | 1.85 Gbits/sec  | 98.3 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 1.25 Gbits/sec  | 1.47 Gbits/sec  | 122 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 1.09 Gbits/sec  | 1.19 Gbits/sec  | 151 ms

Not 10 Gbit/s, but up to 6 Gbit/s.

• AXYZEAXYZE Member

@Neoon said:

@lukast__ said:

Strato is 10gig too, I have their $2/mo VPS

• jgo24jgo24 Member
    edited February 6

@Kousaka What is the bandwidth limit??

@jgo24 said:

Don't abuse it, you will get booted.
    A few TB's as far as I know.

@AXYZE said:

@Neoon said:

@lukast__ said:

Neat, placed another order.

• jgo24jgo24 Member

@Neoon said:

@jgo24 said:

Don't abuse it, you will get booted.

@AXYZE said:

@Neoon said:

@lukast__ said:

Neat, placed another order.

Okay brother. Thanks

• WhiteRoseGWhiteRoseG Member
    edited February 6

Strato is the same as IONOS Germany the offer at Strato is better. Have there 1 and 2 euro offer, works great for projects and really stable.

• jgo24jgo24 Member

Anyone know netcup vps ip's are banned by realdebrid or not??

• wmwwmw Member

Omg, thank you! Exactly what I was looking for my load balancer. Unfortunately product is out of stock :(

• @jgo24 said:
    Anyone know netcup vps ip's are banned by realdebrid or not??

It's banned:

root@server:~# curl -s https://real-debrid.com/vpn | grep error-box
        <div class="error-box"><strong>Your ISP or VPN provider IP address is currently blocked on our website, please contact the support</strong></div>

• @fendix said:

@Neoon said: My best guess, Netcup did not intend to release them yet.

Netcup created a private WhatsApp group a few days ago, where they posted some offers. Some of the offers included the Mini Servers, which were meant for testing by the community. Afterwards, they officially announced the products on the forum.

Do you have a link for the Whatsapp group and for the forum?

• @Neoon said: Don't abuse it, you will get booted.

Excerpt (translated) from the Strato TOS:

6.1 STRATO can block services if systems act or react deviating from normal operating behavior and thereby jeopardize the security, confidentiality, availability, integrity and resilience of the systems, networks, programs, applications, scripts, apps, files and data of STRATO or other STRATO customers

They can block you if your server is deviating from normal operating behavior (meaning excessive usage of resources), but they cannot simply boot you out if you are not doing something strictly forbidden like hosting copyrighted content (no legal advice).
    But it would be possible to get the server unblocked.
    That said, as it is explicitely advertised with unlimited traffic, I don't think your server would get blocked if you are down/uploading <10 TB/month.

@lukast__ said:

@Neoon said: Don't abuse it, you will get booted.

Excerpt (translated) from the Strato TOS:

6.1 STRATO can block services if systems act or react deviating from normal operating behavior and thereby jeopardize the security, confidentiality, availability, integrity and resilience of the systems, networks, programs, applications, scripts, apps, files and data of STRATO or other STRATO customers

They can block you if your server is deviating from normal operating behavior (meaning excessive usage of resources), but they cannot simply boot you out if you are not doing something strictly forbidden like hosting copyrighted content (no legal advice).
    But it would be possible to get the server unblocked.
    That said, as it is explicitely advertised with unlimited traffic, I don't think your server would get blocked if you are down/uploading <10 TB/month.

The IONOS employee I talked about with that, said it depends on the application.
    However he also said a few TB, maybe earlier.

Sure, they can boot you out like Hetzner does, if you abuse the 1gig unmetered.

• @JosephF said: Do you have a link for the Whatsapp group and for the forum?

‎Abonniere den Kanal netcup auf WhatsApp: https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VaDh2HxAjPXVb2gv191w

https://forum.netcup.de/information/promotions/

Thanked by 1JosephF

@AXYZE said:

@Neoon said:

@lukast__ said:

Mine just got delivered, yea 10gig too.
    For that one Location it would be a better choice, however IONOS has a bunch, so choose wisely.

Thanked by 1AXYZE
  • pbxpbx Member

Grabbed a nano. Yabs in case it can be a useful to someone:

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2024-03-05                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Tue Apr  2 10:27:20 PM CEST 2024

Basic System Information:
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 4 minutes
    Processor  : QEMU Virtual CPU version 2.5+
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 2294.576 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 1.9 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 9.7 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)
    Kernel     : 6.1.0-18-amd64
    VM Type    : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ✔ Online

IPv6 Network Information:
    ISP        : netcup GmbH
    ASN        : AS197540 netcup GmbH
    Host       : NETCUP-GMBH
    Location   : Nuremberg, Bavaria (BY)
    Country    : Germany

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50) (Partition /dev/vda3):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 76.54 MB/s   (19.1k) | 1.13 GB/s    (17.8k)
    Write      | 76.74 MB/s   (19.1k) | 1.14 GB/s    (17.8k)
    Total      | 153.28 MB/s  (38.3k) | 2.28 GB/s    (35.6k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 1.72 GB/s     (3.3k) | 1.80 GB/s     (1.7k)
    Write      | 1.81 GB/s     (3.5k) | 1.92 GB/s     (1.8k)
    Total      | 3.54 GB/s     (6.9k) | 3.72 GB/s     (3.6k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.08 Gbits/sec  | 685 Mbits/sec   | 20.8 ms        
    Eranium         | Amsterdam, NL (10G)       | 1.09 Gbits/sec  | 921 Mbits/sec   | 10.6 ms        
    Telia           | Helsinki, FI (10G)        | 1.05 Gbits/sec  | 700 Mbits/sec   | 32.4 ms        
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 1.02 Gbits/sec  | 730 Mbits/sec   | 97.1 ms        
    Leaseweb        | Singapore, SG (10G)       | 926 Mbits/sec   | 719 Mbits/sec   | 160 ms         
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 964 Mbits/sec   | 367 Mbits/sec   | 148 ms         
    Leaseweb        | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.01 Gbits/sec  | 666 Mbits/sec   | 91.8 ms        
    Edgoo           | Sao Paulo, BR (1G)        | 955 Mbits/sec   | 132 Mbits/sec   | 166 ms         

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.08 Gbits/sec  | 714 Mbits/sec   | 20.7 ms        
    Eranium         | Amsterdam, NL (10G)       | 1.09 Gbits/sec  | 918 Mbits/sec   | 10.3 ms        
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 1.03 Gbits/sec  | 560 Mbits/sec   | 97.1 ms        
    Leaseweb        | Singapore, SG (10G)       | 917 Mbits/sec   | 678 Mbits/sec   | 160 ms         
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 955 Mbits/sec   | 383 Mbits/sec   | 148 ms         
    Leaseweb        | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.00 Gbits/sec  | busy            | 91.9 ms        
    Edgoo           | Sao Paulo, BR (1G)        | 943 Mbits/sec   | 168 Mbits/sec   | 166 ms         

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 409                           
    Multi Core      | 631                           
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/5571488

• JosephFJosephF Member

Is the €1 VPS from Netcup billed hourly, does it have any contract (12 months) and when ordering service do you have to prepay for 12 months?

@JosephF said:
    Is the €1 VPS from Netcup billed hourly, does it have any contract (12 months) and when ordering service do you have to prepay for 12 months?

I still pay 1€ per month, however new contracts are 12 months in advance.

Thanked by 1JosephF
  • @JosephF said:

The per month plan is out of stock but the yearly one is not. See https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3906360/#Comment_3906360

Thanked by 1JosephF