Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Racknerd Reseller Plans Differences in CPU & RAM?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Racknerd Reseller Plans Differences in CPU & RAM?

@dustinc

Racknerd has 3 Reselller accounts on Black Friday, a 5, 10 and 15 cPanel account plan. Each higher plan has more storage and transfer in addition to more cPanel accounts. There's no indication of vCPU or RAM which is understandable as these aren't VPS plans. However it would seem to me, the maximum slice of vCPU and RAM a reseller plan can use would also go up with each plan, no? Otherwise the 15 cPanel server would be potentially serving 15 websites with the same CPU and RAM as the 5 panel plan which means, all other things being equal, it would run slower. So the plan with 10 cPanel accounts would have a higher CPU processing and RAM capacity than the 5 cPanel account plan, correct?

If that is true, then if you only had 5 accounts, if you paid extra for the 10 account plan, would it run the 5 sites faster then if you used the 5 account plan?

Comments

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Hi @jazee — great question! We aim to provide a generous amount of LVE resources per cPanel account. So, to answer your question, each cPanel account you create within your reseller will have its own separate LVE limits.

Here are the CloudLinux LVE limits per cPanel account:

CPU - 100%
    I/O Limit - 80 MB/s
    IOPS Limit - 15,000
    Physical Memory Limit - 1GB
    EPROC (Entry Processes) Limit - 200
    NPROC Limit - 220
    INODE Limit - No limit

I hope this helps! Thank You for the opportunity and I hope that we can work together on this soon :)

• @dustinc said:
    Hi @jazee — great question! We aim to provide a generous amount of LVE resources per cPanel account. So, to answer your question, each cPanel account you create within your reseller will have its own separate LVE limits.

Here are the CloudLinux LVE limits per cPanel account:

CPU - 100%
    I/O Limit - 80 MB/s
    IOPS Limit - 15,000
    Physical Memory Limit - 1GB
    EPROC (Entry Processes) Limit - 200
    NPROC Limit - 220
    INODE Limit - No limit

I hope this helps! Thank You for the opportunity and I hope that we can work together on this soon :)

Thanks for that, I've found this useful!

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • Possible to added Dedicated IP on Shared Hosting ?

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@leetbd said:
    Possible to added Dedicated IP on Shared Hosting ?

Hi @leetbd -- To be transparent, in this modern day and age we rarely see needs for dedicated IP's with shared hosting environments. For VPS yes (which we do include a dedicated IP for by default), but for shared hosting it's a whole different story. Back in the day (who here still remembers those days?) when every website that required SSL required a dedicated IP, dedicated IP requests on shared hosting was common, but nowadays technology has come a long way, and we are all able to enjoy SSL certificates even without a dedicated IP address. Additionally since many customers use Cloudflare, etc, combined with the fact that we utilize a hybrid MailChannels setup for handling outbound email delivery, the need for a dedicated IP has become quite rare in the context of shared hosting.

Of course, there could be some niche/unique situations that might require it, and in such cases we do offer dedicated IP's on our shared hosting environments for $18/Year. If you'd like to add it, just open a ticket to sales and we'd be happy to help :)