Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

nvme cpanel shared hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

nvme cpanel shared hosting

Hi - I have some resource hungry WP and non WP sites which I would like to move from dedicated server to shared hosting. I came across hostinger business plan which seems affordable for the first 2 years but I was wondering if there are any other companies out there with similar pricing. My sites are currently using plesk and builtin plesk email system so automatic migration is critical for me. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanked by 1vikram

Comments

• febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited November 2023

@Maximus said: Hi - I have some resource hungry WP and non WP sites which I would like to move from dedicated server to shared hosting.

May i know why do you want to move from Dedicated Server to Shared Hosting? Is it because of server management issue or something?

Thanked by 1vikram
  • @Maximus said: I have some resource hungry WP and non WP sites which I would like to move from dedicated server to shared hosting

try Hostbrr - cpanel or DA 3CPU core, 3GB RAM plan, or Myw.pt 2CPU core, 2GB RAM.. both are on fast, latest ryzen 7900 and quite good performance.

Thanked by 2labze vikram
  • HostMediaHostMedia Member, Patron Provider

Hey @Maximus - we have our Premium Shared hosting that is designed for more power hungry websites including high traffic WP sites, might be the sort of hosting you are after: https://hostmedia.uk/web-hosting/

Top tier plan has:

• 100GB Pure Enterprise SSD HW RAID Storage
    • Max 200 cPanel accounts on the server (low contention)
    • 6 CPU Cores
    • 6GB Memory
    • 100 Entry Processes

Let us know if we can help at all :smile:

• niranjanniranjan Member
    edited November 2023

If they're resources hungry(CPU & RAM) wouldn't moving them to Shared Hosting downgrade performance???

• labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

@JasonM said:

@Maximus said: I have some resource hungry WP and non WP sites which I would like to move from dedicated server to shared hosting

try Hostbrr - cpanel or DA 3CPU core, 3GB RAM plan, or Myw.pt 2CPU core, 2GB RAM.. both are on fast, latest ryzen 7900 and quite good performance.

Thanks for the mention.

Migrating from Plesk to cPanel is easy. We got nodes in USA and Germany, offering upto 4 CPU Cores and 4 GB RAM as standard, and additional resources can be purchased. The servers ace Wordpress Benchmarks scoring 10/10 and because of the high-end hardware and great optimization it should handle even very intensive Wordpress websites.

All this is just for $4/month or $20/year, and you can even save 25% recurring by using coupon WEBHOSTING25 or 50% off first billing cycle using WEBHOSTNG50 :)

Thanked by 2JasonM vikram
  • @HostMedia said:
    Hey @Maximus - we have our Premium Shared hosting that is designed for more power hungry websites including high traffic WP sites, might be the sort of hosting you are after: https://hostmedia.uk/web-hosting/

Top tier plan has:

• 100GB Pure Enterprise SSD HW RAID Storage
    • Max 200 cPanel accounts on the server (low contention)
    • 6 CPU Cores
    • 6GB Memory
    • 100 Entry Processes

Let us know if we can help at all :smile:

Not recommend.

• @febryanvaldo said:

@Maximus said: Hi - I have some resource hungry WP and non WP sites which I would like to move from dedicated server to shared hosting.

May i know why do you want to move from Dedicated Server to Shared Hosting? Is it because of server management issue or something?

My income dropped. I always prefer having my own servers. I just want to keep one server now.

@sasslik said:
    Not recommend.

Would love to hear more about your "Not recommend" - is that based on using the service or just general insight into the requirements of Maximus for shared hosting?

Thanked by 1mustafamw3
  • Hostbrr @labze nvme cpanel is rock solid so far!

Thanked by 1ehab
  • @HostMedia said:

@sasslik said:
    Not recommend.

Would love to hear more about your "Not recommend" - is that based on using the service or just general insight into the requirements of Maximus for shared hosting?

I used the service of this company before and do not recommend it. In this forum you can find really stable service providers who do not have constant problems with the server.

• @labze said: and you can even save 25% recurring by using coupon WEBHOSTING25

Even though the discount is recurring, is it possible the base price will change?

@Turbo_Pascal said:

@labze said: and you can even save 25% recurring by using coupon WEBHOSTING25

Even though the discount is recurring, is it possible the base price will change?

Yes, but not for existing services. They will stay the same price even if there should be price increases :)

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Maximus said:

@febryanvaldo said:

My income dropped. I always prefer having my own servers. I just want to keep one server now.

If you don't need more than 10-20GB storage my US SPanel plans are hosted in Dallas on Ryzen and NVMe. Smallest plan is about 50% cheaper than the one mentioned in OP after renewal. Despite the limits mentioned on the website, the limits are not enforced in the US location unless necessary.

@sasslik said:
    I used the service of this company before and do not recommend it. In this forum you can find really stable service providers who do not have constant problems with the server.

We would love to hear the details of this, I can't find any details related to you in our system but we will drop you a PM to ask for some information as our shared hosting is very reliable and high performing with thousands of hosted accounts so would be good to know what issues you had :smile:

• @HostMedia said:

@sasslik said:

We would love to hear the details of this, I can't find any details related to you in our system but we will drop you a PM to ask for some information as our shared hosting is very reliable and high performing with thousands of hosted accounts so would be good to know what issues you had :smile:

Yeaa, noo.

• Go with @speedypage and thank me later. Best host, decent LVE for Shared hosting but mostly importantly The guys behind @speedypage are amazing.

Thanked by 1speedypage

@sasslik said:
    Yeaa, noo.

Sorry you do not wish to verify the details of the issues you faced for whatever reason. We have PM’d you but understand if you can’t verify any of your information to assist us.

All the best with your future hosting.

• @labze said:

@JasonM said:

@Maximus said: I have some resource hungry WP and non WP sites which I would like to move from dedicated server to shared hosting

Thanks for the mention.

Migrating from Plesk to cPanel is easy. We got nodes in USA and Germany, offering upto 4 CPU Cores and 4 GB RAM as standard, and additional resources can be purchased. The servers ace Wordpress Benchmarks scoring 10/10 and because of the high-end hardware and great optimization it should handle even very intensive Wordpress websites.

All this is just for $4/month or $20/year, and you can even save 25% recurring by using coupon WEBHOSTING25 or 50% off first billing cycle using WEBHOSTNG50 :)

CPU Spec for shared hosting please!

• @vikram said:

@labze said:

@JasonM said:

Thanks for the mention.

Have seen good about hostbrr never managed to test your services, for me with those LVE and that cost normally means oversold servers and 1000s cramped in one physical node.

Thanked by 2sasslik vikram
  • @vikiahm3d said: Have seen good about hostbrr never managed to test your services, for me with those LVE and that cost normally means oversold servers and 1000s cramped in one physical node.

then you should try hostbrr. The total accounts are (right now) quite less on node, something like 100-110 domains, load is 1 to 2 (its 12c, 24t physical node). In comparison, I've similar spec hosting with another provider (with same node spec) and having 700+ domains hosted by them, still load is 6 to 7 CPUs. And I've hosting on E3 node, legacy server, 4 core, 8T, there its 800+ domains hosted by provider, load is 7 to 8 (95% full utilization of all cores, constantly, 24/7) but still WP site loads average, but not as fast as hostbrr or my other ryzen provider with 12c node.

• @vikiahm3d said:

@vikram said:

@labze said:

@JasonM said:

Thanks for the mention.

Have seen good about hostbrr never managed to test your services, for me with those LVE and that cost normally means oversold servers and 1000s cramped in one physical node.

@JasonM said:

@vikiahm3d said: Have seen good about hostbrr never managed to test your services, for me with those LVE and that cost normally means oversold servers and 1000s cramped in one physical node.

then you should try hostbrr. The total accounts are (right now) quite less on node, something like 100-110 domains, load is 1 to 2 (its 12c, 24t physical node). In comparison, I've similar spec hosting with another provider (with same node spec) and having 700+ domains hosted by them, still load is 6 to 7 CPUs. And I've hosting on E3 node, legacy server, 4 core, 8T, there its 800+ domains hosted by provider, load is 7 to 8 (95% full utilization of all cores, constantly, 24/7) but still WP site loads average, but not as fast as hostbrr or my other ryzen provider with 12c node.

Thank you for your response.

What do you suggest, which deal is better

1 Racknerd-VPS-Ryzen-7950x-4.5Ghz 2-CPU-Cores 3GB-RAM @ $45/yr (running cloudpanel.io NGINX and 2 domain with 10+ sub-domains )

OR

2 Hostbrr(cPanel-50-GB) 4-CPU-Cores 4-GB-RAM @ $20/yr [$40/yr] (Litespeed webserver / 1 domain with 5+ sub-domains per plan)

OR any other? Please let me know if you know any powerful Shared hosting under $50/yr

Usecase: Wordpress blogs, can handle 5000+ post, and 50k+ traffic.

Currently running VPS-Ryzen-5950x-3.4Ghz 2-CPU-Cores 3GB-RAM @ $35/yr (with cloudpanel.io NGINX + EWWW with bunny CDN + Cloudflare full page cache) but the issue is WP admin dashboard lags a lot!
    WP perform better at high frequency CPU so Ryzen-7950x-4.5Ghz might solve the issue.

I've heard(Facebook groups WP-speed-discussion) for wordpress specific only-some shared hosting(~3.0Ghz) can outperform VPS(~3.0Ghz).

Can shared hosting outperform VPS?

@vikram said:

Yes and no. All things being equal, then no. But all things usually aren't equal. CloudLinux, LiteSpeed, AccelerateWP (on cPanel), server optimization and so on all counts towards better webhosting performance. I'd say our service, and from competitors as well running AMD Ryzen 7000 series processors, should in most cases perform atleast as good as a VPS.

There's a 45-day money-back guarantee on our cpanel plans so you can always test it out :)

Thanked by 1vikram
  • JasonMJasonM Member
    edited November 2023

@vikram said: What do you suggest, which deal is better

1. Currently you are running WP on Ryzen 2CPU and 3GB RAM. But here you should consider that the OS, web-server, cloudpanel, ngnix, php, mysql database -- eats your CPU and RAM, mostly 1 CPU core and 1.5GB RAM, and if you run WP, with 10-15 plugins atleast, then it will lag, esp. the wp-admin area, or the dynamic pages/product pages or pages that pull content via widget like trending posts, latest posts, related posts, etc. And you have no room for expansion/traffic surge here.

2. In any shared hosting, which offers 2CPU and 3GB RAM, its all above and beyond the OS, web-server, cloudpanel, ngnix, php, mysql and so your WP is free to use the full 2CPU, and 3GB RAM as the former one (the overhead) is taken care by host node.

so if you want a fast-loading WP site, both front end and backend, then either get a VPS with 2CPU, 2GB RAM saved for OS and stuff, and add additional 2CPU, 2GB RAM for your WP and its exapansion, so in total, you'll need 4CPU, 4GB RAM VPS if your WP is getting traffic, or has 5K+ posts, and on top of it add cache plugin, cloudflare cache/bunny etc.

Or you can get shared plan with 2CPU, 2GB RAM, from hostbrr or any other host like myw.pt (2cpu, 2gb ram only), (racknerd offers 1cpu, 1gb ram only), and test your WP installation. If you still find it is lagging, at least with hostbrr, you can upgrade to 3CPU 3GB RAM, 4CPU, etc. higher plans if you wish too.

I've racknerd shared plan too, and tested it with 25K posts, but minimal traffic, 1cpu, 1gb ram, and it used like 750 MB ram constantly, as i used opcache plus APCu, and litespeed. The WP admin panel was not slow but neither that fast since the total load on E3 node was 8 cpu out of 8. (I've a thread here about it, say, 1.5 years ago).

So, my suggestion would be get shared hosting, atleast 3CPU, or get VPS esp ryzen and nvme, instead of ssd, with 4CPU considering your WP site expansion and traffic.

and as @labze commented above, shared hosting on ryzen can atleast perform as good as vps. So if you are getting more benefits (like daily backups, litespeed enterprise, cloudlinux, immunify360, WAF) in shared hosting than vps, then try shared first.

Thanked by 1vikram
  • @JasonM said:

How to check the number of domains/websites hosted on a shared account of any host?

• @labze said:

@vikram said:

Yes and no. All things being equal, then no. But all things usually aren't equal. CloudLinux, LiteSpeed, AccelerateWP (on cPanel), server optimization and so on all counts towards better webhosting performance. I'd say our service, and from competitors as well running AMD Ryzen 7000 series processors, should in most cases perform atleast as good as a VPS.

There's a 45-day money-back guarantee on our cpanel plans so you can always test it out :)

Thank you for your response. For shared hosting is it AMD Ryzen 7900?

@JasonM said:

@vikram said: What do you suggest, which deal is better

1. Currently you are running WP on Ryzen 2CPU and 3GB RAM. But here you should consider that the OS, web-server, cloudpanel, ngnix, php, mysql database -- eats your CPU and RAM, mostly 1 CPU core and 1.5GB RAM, and if you run WP, with 10-15 plugins atleast, then it will lag, esp. the wp-admin area, or the dynamic pages/product pages or pages that pull content via widget like trending posts, latest posts, related posts, etc. And you have no room for expansion/traffic surge here.

2. In any shared hosting, which offers 2CPU and 3GB RAM, its all above and beyond the OS, web-server, cloudpanel, ngnix, php, mysql and so your WP is free to use the full 2CPU, and 3GB RAM as the former one (the overhead) is taken care by host node.

so if you want a fast-loading WP site, both front end and backend, then either get a VPS with 2CPU, 2GB RAM saved for OS and stuff, and add additional 2CPU, 2GB RAM for your WP and its exapansion, so in total, you'll need 4CPU, 4GB RAM VPS if your WP is getting traffic, or has 5K+ posts, and on top of it add cache plugin, cloudflare cache/bunny etc.

Or you can get shared plan with 2CPU, 2GB RAM, from hostbrr or any other host like myw.pt (2cpu, 2gb ram only), (racknerd offers 1cpu, 1gb ram only), and test your WP installation. If you still find it is lagging, at least with hostbrr, you can upgrade to 3CPU 3GB RAM, 4CPU, etc. higher plans if you wish too.

I've racknerd shared plan too, and tested it with 25K posts, but minimal traffic, 1cpu, 1gb ram, and it used like 750 MB ram constantly, as i used opcache plus APCu, and litespeed. The WP admin panel was not slow but neither that fast since the total load on E3 node was 8 cpu out of 8. (I've a thread here about it, say, 1.5 years ago).

So, my suggestion would be get shared hosting, atleast 3CPU, or get VPS esp ryzen and nvme, instead of ssd, with 4CPU considering your WP site expansion and traffic.

and as @labze commented above, shared hosting on ryzen can atleast perform as good as vps. So if you are getting more benefits (like daily backups, litespeed enterprise, cloudlinux, immunify360, WAF) in shared hosting than vps, then try shared first.

Thank you so much for the detailed overview I'll try to upgrade the server to 4 CPU and 4GB RAM and will test if this improves any performance for the WP backend.

• If its about WordPress backend, I don't think it's to do with Server resource.

If I remember it correctly from WP Speed Matters

Did suggest to disable plugins one by one or create a staging site to troubleshoot which plugin is the bottleneck.

It's one of the plugin that is causing the issue.

If your not managing your plugins themes properly doesn't matter what CPU Cores or RAM you assign, php is single threaded application.

Thanked by 1vikram

@vikram said:

@labze said:

@vikram said:

cPanel USA it is 7900X :)

Thanked by 1vikram
  • @vikiahm3d said:
    If its about WordPress backend, I don't think it's to do with Server resource.

If I remember it correctly from WP Speed Matters

Did suggest to disable plugins one by one or create a staging site to troubleshoot which plugin is the bottleneck.

It's one of the plugin that is causing the issue.

If your not managing your plugins themes properly doesn't matter what CPU Cores or RAM you assign, php is single threaded application.

Yes WP Speed Matters :)

Thank you for the suggestion 🙌

I found the plugin that caused the issue it's "Super Page Cache for Cloudflare" plugin, disabled it and now the admin backend is responsive(took 4-5 seconds to load) earlier it took around 10-20 seconds to load, and sometimes even more... But now no full-page cache :( I'll search for other options for a full-page cache on Cloudflare without APO. Do you know any alternative plugin "Super Page Cache for Cloudflare" that provides Cloudflare full page cache?

@labze said:

@vikram said:

@labze said:

@vikram said:

cPanel USA it is 7900X :)

Thank you for the info!

• @vikram said: Do you know any alternative plugin "Super Page Cache for Cloudflare" that provides Cloudflare full page cache

use any full page cache plugin even like litespeed, and make cron job to sitemap.xml file from subdomain or external URL or use third-party plugins for the same so that it gets cached on cloudflare edge. For this you'll need specialized worker script too. I'm using one from github. What happens is pages are preloaded into edge by this worker.

Thanked by 1vikram
  • @JasonM said:

@vikram said: Do you know any alternative plugin "Super Page Cache for Cloudflare" that provides Cloudflare full page cache

use any full page cache plugin even like litespeed, and make cron job to sitemap.xml file from subdomain or external URL or use third-party plugins for the same so that it gets cached on cloudflare edge. For this you'll need specialized worker script too. I'm using one from github. What happens is pages are preloaded into edge by this worker.

Can you share the link please!