Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Colocrossing Black Friday KVM vps starting at $10/year
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Colocrossing Black Friday KVM vps starting at $10/year

suutsuut Member
edited November 2023 in General

Just a reminder, crazy prices!
https://www.colocrossing.com/black-friday-sale/

1GB KVM VPS
1GB RAM
1vCPU
20GB SSD
1Gbps Unmetered Bandwidth
1 x IPv4
$10/yr

2GB KVM VPS
2GB RAM
1vCPU
40GB SSD
1 x IPv4
$15/yr

3GB KVM VPS
3GB RAM
2vCPU
50GB SSD
1 x IPv4
$20/yr

4GB KVM VPS
4GB RAM
3vCPU
60GB SSD
1 x IPv4
$24/yr

Thanked by 1ARiEWWW

Comments

• Oops!
    Something went wrong and we couldn't process your request.
    Please go back to the previous page and try again.

Error: Call to a member function trans() on null in /home/colocloud/public_html/templates_c/ffd1a8bd4285dbf1e6c1a8202d7d0ac96dd3a1cc_0.file.summary-table.tpl.php:102
    Stack trace:

0 /home/colocloud/public_html/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_template_resource_base.php(123): content_6554de81a2a781_66528833(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))

1 /home/colocloud/public_html/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_template_compiled.php(114): Smarty_Template_Resource_Base->getRenderedTemplateCode(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))

2 /home/colocloud/public_html/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(216): Smarty_Template_Compiled->render(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))

3 /home/colocloud/public_html/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(385): Smarty_Internal_Template->render()

4 /home/colocloud/public_html/templates_c/8ec6d83983568df0b49ded1814847b691300750f_0.file.viewcart.tpl.php(134): Smarty_Internal_Template->_subTemplateRender('file:orderforms...', NULL, NULL, 0, 3600, Array, 0, true)

5 /home/colocloud/public_html/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_template_resource_base.php(123): content_6554de819d6703_93787607(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))

6 /home/colocloud/public_html/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_template_compiled.php(114): Smarty_Template_Resource_Base->getRenderedTemplateCode(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))

7 /home/colocloud/public_html/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(216): Smarty_Template_Compiled->render(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))

8 /home/colocloud/public_html/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(232): Smarty_Internal_Template->render(false, 0)

9 /home/colocloud/public_html/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(116): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->_execute(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template), NULL, NULL, NULL, 0)

10 /home/colocloud/public_html/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Smarty.php(0): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch('/home/colocloud...', NULL, NULL, NULL, false, true, false)

11 /home/colocloud/public_html/includes/clientareafunctions.php(0): WHMCS\Smarty->fetch('/home/colocloud...')

12 /home/colocloud/public_html/cart.php(0): outputClientArea('viewcart', false, Array)

• How much bandwidth can you really push with their 'unmetered' $10/yr plan?

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • took a 2GB/$15/y plan for idling, thnx!

• gbzret4dgbzret4d Member
    edited November 2023

Is there any looking glass?

edit: found it http://lg.buf.colocrossing.com/

• @gbzret4d said:
    Is there any looking glass?

Check any of Racknerds LG, same network.

Thanked by 1gbzret4d

• The bandwidth does not exceed 10Mbps. The network was better when colocrossing just changed my vps to a new host, but now it is stuck. I don’t know if the speed is limited due to excessive traffic usage.

• @qingmuhy said:

The bandwidth does not exceed 10Mbps. The network was better when colocrossing just changed my vps to a new host, but now it is stuck. I don’t know if the speed is limited due to excessive traffic usage.

Would you please share full benchmark with CPU score?

• @sh97 said: Check any of Racknerds LG, same network.

how come so many people on colocrossing bf thread complaining about packet loss at Buffalo, but never seen anyone complaining about racknerd buffalo location??

• @JasonM said:

@sh97 said: Check any of Racknerds LG, same network.

how come so many people on colocrossing bf thread complaining about packet loss at Buffalo, but never seen anyone complaining about racknerd buffalo location??

Unlimited traffic vs limited

Thanked by 2lowendclient JasonM
  • BGP Session Support?

• @jmaxwell said:

@JasonM said:

@sh97 said: Check any of Racknerds LG, same network.

Unlimited traffic vs limited

It seems that when your traffic exceeds a certain value, your bandwidth will be limited to 10Mbps, but I have not seen similar terms in the specific TOS.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • @qingmuhy said: 10Mbps

10Mbps is too low for a vps, a minimum, fair bandwidth in 2023 should be 100Mbps

• @giang said:

@qingmuhy said:

The bandwidth does not exceed 10Mbps. The network was better when colocrossing just changed my vps to a new host, but now it is stuck. I don’t know if the speed is limited due to excessive traffic usage.

Would you please share full benchmark with CPU score?

https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/667582465
    Here you can see more detailed information.

Thanked by 1giang
  • @JasonM said:

@qingmuhy said: 10Mbps

10Mbps is too low for a vps, a minimum, fair bandwidth in 2023 should be 100Mbps

I feel the same way. I wonder if the fair rules will be clarified in the future of colocrossing.

• @JasonM said:

I'm going to send a ticket to colocrossing to ask if there are clear rules to ensure fair use of bandwidth.

• @JasonM said:

in 2024 there will be a new standard of at least 10 Gbps in each VPS for $10, you have to wait a little

• @qingmuhy said:

reminds me of pacificrack and liangzai.

• I can accept a throttling policy, but you must inform users in advance instead of secretly restricting midway.

• This is my conversation with customer service, he mentioned vague throttling policies, but didn't tell me how to restore normal speeds.

@zxc312654 said:
    I can accept a throttling policy, but you must inform users in advance instead of secretly restricting midway.

Thanked by 1kenjing789
  • louiejordanlouiejordan Member
    edited November 2023

Why can't I use the account created on cloud.colocrossing.com to log in to portal.colocrossing.com?

• @suut said:
    Just a reminder, crazy prices!
    https://www.colocrossing.com/black-friday-sale/

1GB KVM VPS
    1GB RAM
    1vCPU
    20GB SSD
    1 x IPv4
    $10/yr

2GB KVM VPS
    2GB RAM
    1vCPU
    40GB SSD
    1 x IPv4
    $15/yr

3GB KVM VPS
    3GB RAM
    2vCPU
    50GB SSD
    1 x IPv4
    $20/yr

4GB KVM VPS
    4GB RAM
    3vCPU
    60GB SSD
    1 x IPv4
    $24/yr

crazy pices, shit service

• @qingmuhy said: The bandwidth does not exceed 10Mbps

That's a deal breaker

• @qingmuhy said:

Oh thanks for this. So that’s the catch for “unlimited traffic” offer.

• @jmaxwell said:

@qingmuhy said:

I have requested a refund and even though I idled the server for a long time, my internet speed has not recovered at all.

• ColoCrossingColoCrossing Member, Patron Provider

@qingmuhy said:

@jmaxwell said:

@qingmuhy said:

I have requested a refund and even though I idled the server for a long time, my internet speed has not recovered at all.

Our apologies for the delay. We do believe the network speed issue is resolved now.

@louiejordan said:
    Why can't I use the account created on cloud.colocrossing.com to log in to portal.colocrossing.com?

Our cloud panel utilizes a different billing / management system then our dedicated / colocation portal. A separate account is needed.

@qingmuhy said:

This is my conversation with customer service, he mentioned vague throttling policies, but didn't tell me how to restore normal speeds.

@zxc312654 said:
    I can accept a throttling policy, but you must inform users in advance instead of secretly restricting midway.

We are not throttling anyones speed. The network speed issue is resolved. If anyone is facing an issue please feel free to reach out.

• VoidVoid Member
    edited November 2023

@ColoCrossing said:

@qingmuhy said:

This is my conversation with customer service, he mentioned vague throttling policies, but didn't tell me how to restore normal speeds.

@zxc312654 said:

We are not throttling anyones speed. The network speed issue is resolved. If anyone is facing an issue please feel free to reach out.

Are you saying your support staff was wrong ? Can we now burst 80 % or more of port speed for more than 5 minutes ?

To provide a bit more information the speed issues were due to a bad optic that has since been replaced. Additionally we found a plan template issue that has now been adjusted. We do believe this is fully resolved. If anyone is experiencing any further issues please let us know. We do appreciate your feedback.