Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Web Hosting in Malaysia & Singapore
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Web Hosting in Malaysia & Singapore

I working on a personal website, which will be going live in the next few weeks, and I am personally based in Malaysia, so I looking for a hosting near to home, and I prefer hosting with servers at Malaysia or Singapore. My personal site is built on frontend codes, HTML, CSS and JavaScript, with no backend codes inside the entire site. My budget annually for web hosting is $21 annually, but prefer to be below $10. I don’t needed databases, or emails, and I prefer a hosting like GitHub Pages, but with server in Malaysia or Singapore. I am not looking for VPS, and my estimated market monthly maxed out at 10k visits.

Comments

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited November 2023

If you can wait a bit, @Lampard from Limitless Host have some nice SG shared hosting deals during Black Friday :)

Else you can purchase it here: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/190020/limitless-hosting-web-hosting-reseller-hosting-from-0-50-month-instant-setup-us-eu-sg-au#latest

Thanked by 1Lampard
  • labzelabze Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2023

Check out our DirectAdmin singles day deals:
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/189947/hostbrr-directadmin-cpanel-hosting-reseller-11-11-specials-from-1-75-quarter-eu-us-sg

25 GB NVMe Gen4 storage, unmetered bandwidth in Singapore for $2/quarter or $6/year :)

Also have larger packages available such as 50 GB for $10/year or 100 GB for $15/year
    https://my.hostbrr.com/order/main/packages/directadmin/?group_id=36

Hosted on truly high-end hardware for top-class performance.

• balloonballoon Member
    edited November 2023

Since it is a static site and a certain amount of access is expected. I would choose a web service with a CDN in this case. Where Singapore is located:

• Cloudflare Pages
    • Neocities
    • Netlify
    • Surge (surge.sh)
    • Vercel

These are free to use, but require a paid plan depending on the case. Also, these should use CLI or Git instead of FTP.

Thanked by 1martheen
  • @labze said:
    Check out our DirectAdmin singles day deals:
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/189947/hostbrr-directadmin-cpanel-hosting-reseller-11-11-specials-from-1-75-quarter-eu-us-sg

25 GB NVMe Gen4 storage, unmetered bandwidth in Singapore for $2/quarter or $6/year :)

Also have larger packages available such as 50 GB for $10/year or 100 GB for $15/year
    https://my.hostbrr.com/order/main/packages/directadmin/?group_id=36

Hosted on truly high-end hardware for top-class performance.

Thanks you for sharing this, I would definitely add it into my list of considerations, thanks for sharing 😁.

• @balloon said:
    Since it is a static site and a certain amount of access is expected. I would choose a web service with a CDN in this case. Where Singapore is located:

• Cloudflare Pages
    • Neocities
    • Netlify
    • Surge (surge.sh)
    • Vercel

These are free to use, but require a paid plan depending on the case. Also, these should use CLI or Git instead of FTP.

Previously, I had tried out those, and I actually liked them, but I notice their server is in US, and I had no method to change it to Singapore. I prefer a server close to home through, and I couldn’t find any guides on how to change the main data center (where my site files are stored), from the US to Singapore through, or maybe I don’t know I guess.

But, thanks for your time, and I greatly appreciated it.

• @JstTan said: Previously, I had tried out those, and I actually liked them, but I notice their server is in US, and I had no method to change it to Singapore. I prefer a server close to home through, and I couldn’t find any guides on how to change the main data center (where my site files are stored), from the US to Singapore through, or maybe I don’t know I guess.

No. These web services cache on CDN edge servers around the world. References from Singapore are cached on edge servers in Singapore, so re-references are faster. (In rare cases, if the Singapore server is undergoing maintenance, we may refer to nearby Asian servers)

If this is a static file, the reference server will be automatically selected, but for example, due to the influence of a VPN, it may refer to a US server by mistake and slow down the speed.

Thanked by 1martheen
  • JosephFJosephF Member
    edited November 2023

@balloon said:

• Cloudflare Pages
    • Neocities
    • Netlify
    • Surge (surge.sh)
    • Vercel

You can add the following free services to your above list:

• Kinsta (Static Sites)
    • DigitalOcean (App Platform)
    • Vercel
    • Render
    • Google Firebase
    • GitHub Pages
    • GitLab Pages
    • AwardSpace
  • @josephf said:

• Kinsta (Static Sites)
    • Vercel
    • Render
    • Google Firebase
    • GitHub Pages
    • GitLab Pages
    • AwardSpace

Oh, some of these don't expose edge servers. It's not clear that it's in Singapore, so I didn't include it.

• There are cloudflare server in kuala lumpur, but not sure if it require certain condition for the site to be served from there...

• JstTanJstTan Member
    edited November 2023

@balloon said:

@JstTan said: Previously, I had tried out those, and I actually liked them, but I notice their server is in US, and I had no method to change it to Singapore. I prefer a server close to home through, and I couldn’t find any guides on how to change the main data center (where my site files are stored), from the US to Singapore through, or maybe I don’t know I guess.

No. These web services cache on CDN edge servers around the world. References from Singapore are cached on edge servers in Singapore, so re-references are faster. (In rare cases, if the Singapore server is undergoing maintenance, we may refer to nearby Asian servers)

If this is a static file, the reference server will be automatically selected, but for example, due to the influence of a VPN, it may refer to a US server by mistake and slow down the speed.

Hi there! Well, so your means that they cached the static file across multiple locations, to increase the speeds, and it couldn’t be enforce where a file is stored. Did it understand correctly?

If all of it is free, may I ask what are the actual benefits of paid hosting, if free hosting with CDN is better? And what is the benefit of a paid host, compared to free hosting? And is it a good idea to use these hosts if I gonna publish a real website? Since as the quote goes "If you are not paying the product, you ARE the product", is it real in web hosting?
    (Sorry, I don't know much about this, since I just develop websites as a hobby anyway, and am not good in web hosting kinda things)

• @josephf said:

@balloon said:

• Cloudflare Pages
    • Neocities
    • Netlify
    • Surge (surge.sh)
    • Vercel

• Kinsta (Static Sites)
    • Vercel
    • Render
    • Google Firebase
    • GitHub Pages
    • GitLab Pages
    • AwardSpace

This is great suggestion, thanks you and I would add it into my list. Thanks, although which is better of all of them, and is it good to be used to publish a real website through? I only ever played around and experimented with them before, never using it to publish a real website.

• Try it if you're interested. Because they are free to use.

Since you have experience with GitHub Pages, you probably understand some of the benefits of a CDN. It is effective even if the users are concentrated in Singapore. Try web services rather than extending comments here.

• @balloon said:
    Try it if you're interested. Because they are free to use.

Since you have experience with GitHub Pages, you probably understand some of the benefits of a CDN. It is effective even if the users are concentrated in Singapore. Try web services rather than extending comments here.

Ok thanks for your help, and I will try it out myself.