Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sponsorship for DNSTools.ws
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Sponsorship for DNSTools.ws

Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
edited November 2023 in General

I run https://dnstools.ws/ which lets people perform DNS lookups, traceroutes, and pings from 29 different locations worldwide. The site has no ads, I don't make any money from the site, and all the code is open-source.

I've also got plans to work on a self-hosted version, since in my opinion the user experience is better than many of the looking glass tools available today. All output is nicely formatted rather than just showing raw command-line output, you can show ping multiple hostnames on the same page, etc. The backend uses gRPC which allows for easy programmatic use.

I'm looking for providers that are willing to sponsor locations by providing small VPSes. In particular, I'm looking for providers in South America, Africa, Central Asia, Australia other than Sydney, and France (my current server in France is pretty unreliable). Sponsors get a link on the home page and on the server locations page, and my appreciation for supporting an open-source project :)

Requirements:
- 256MB RAM. 128MB is doable, but it's good to have the extra buffer.
- 5GB disk space.
- Dedicated IPv6. One IP is fine.
- IPv4 - shared (like a NAT VPS) is fine.
- Any virtualization or containerization, in theory. I'm using both KVM and OpenVZ at the moment. LXC, Xen and VMWare should work too, but I haven't tested them.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@Daniel15 said:
    I run https://dnstools.ws/ which lets people perform DNS lookups, traceroutes, and pings from 29 different locations worldwide. The site has no ads, I don't make any money from the site, and all the code is open-source.

I've also got plans to work on a self-hosted version, since in my opinion the user experience is better than many of the looking glass tools available today. All output is nicely formatted rather than just showing raw command-line output, you can show ping multiple hostnames on the same page, etc. The backend uses gRPC which allows for easy programmatic use.

I'm looking for providers that are willing to sponsor locations by providing small VPSes. In particular, I'm looking for providers in South America, Africa, Central Asia, Australia other than Sydney, and France (my current server in France is pretty unreliable). Sponsors get a link on the home page and on the server locations page, and my appreciation for supporting an open-source project :)

Requirements:
    - 256MB RAM. 128MB is doable, but it's good to have the extra buffer.
    - 5GB disk space.
    - Dedicated IPv6. One IP is fine.
    - IPv4 - shared (like a NAT VPS) is fine.
    - Any virtualization or containerization, in theory. I'm using both KVM and OpenVZ at the moment. LXC, Xen and VMWare should work too, but I haven't tested them.

Thanks in advance!

Looks like a nice project.

We will have our VPS Nodes ready in France and Germany on or after 24th Nov, if you need after 24th just DM me on 26th, I can get you one

• Very nice project. Keep it up @Daniel15

Thanked by 2sh97 Daniel15
  • The page looks neat.

Thanked by 1Daniel15
  • nice project, esp. the traceroute and MTR

Thanked by 1Daniel15
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2023

Happy to sponsor you in any / all of our locations. We always try to help out those who run useful projects. At a glance, of your 29 locations it would seem you're missing a US North West option, so we can provide you Liberty Lake, Washington (Spokane Metro area).

PM me if interested. :)

• mrl22mrl22 Member
    edited November 2023

TIP: You can get a free VPS from Oracle Cloud and Amazon AWS hosted in many locations.

Nice project by the way.

Thanked by 2Daniel15 the_doctor
  • Thank you for making DNSTools. Very useful tool and I always use it.

Thanked by 2Daniel15 the_doctor
  • Very nice project, I just wish it allowed MTR from all locations at the same time, "fast" MTR you get while clicking on location while doing ping is not very accurate - I find Ping.pe MTR more accurate in this regard.

Thanked by 1Daniel15
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@natvps_uk has France location quite stable, but it's OVH.

Thanked by 1Daniel15
  • I forgot to mention that I'm considering rebranding the site as "NetworkTest" since I have networktest.org and "dnstools" doesn't really describe the site well any more.

@MannDude said:
    Happy to sponsor you in any / all of our locations. We always try to help out those who run useful projects. At a glance, of your 29 locations it would seem you're missing a US North West option, so we can provide you Liberty Lake, Washington (Spokane Metro area).

PM me if interested. :)

Thanks! I'll PM you some time.

@death said:
    Very nice project, I just wish it allowed MTR from all locations at the same time, "fast" MTR you get while clicking on location while doing ping is not very accurate - I find Ping.pe MTR more accurate in this regard.

I've been trying to think of a good UI for showing mtr from multiple locations, and I always just come back to something like the ping page that already exists. I can make clicking the location on the ping page open an mtr instead of a traceroute if you think that'd be better?

Thanked by 1_MS_
  • Nice project!
    I think if the item in the Locations selector is displayed as 'City - Provider', it should attract more sponsorship.

• alexhostalexhost Member, Patron Provider

Hi,

We are open to discuss new partnerships, sponsorships.

Please contact us and provide full details of your project Including what you will add us.

We think we can do something for you.
    Waiting for your contact (through livechat Moldova timezone) or ticket support or even Telegram Livechat.

Ticket: https://bill.alexhost.com/tickets/new/
    Telegram: @alexhost_on

We will be waiting for you ;)

Best Regards,
    Alexhost

Thanked by 1Daniel15
  • @yoursunny said:
    @natvps_uk has France location quite stable, but it's OVH.

And it’s OVH* ❤️

• Nice project. I have VPS in Indonesia & Japan. Just send me inbox if you interested.

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2023

A lot of our locations are locations that you already have, but we can sponsor in Miami, FL, USA if you would like ( I saw that you didn't have this as a location yet, Miami might be useful for testing latencies to South America :smile: ) Feel free to PM me if you're interested

Thanked by 2the_doctor Daniel15
  • Thank you for all the hosts that replied here. I've been busy recently but I'll reach out some time over the next week or two :smile: