Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What I like/Didn't like on my cheap servarica service I ordered
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What I like/Didn't like on my cheap servarica service I ordered

Alight, I guess I'm grown enough to not complain about any dirt cheap hosting plans I ordered.
But you can consider this as advice to anyone one want to order from there to take (a bigger plan).

The VPS cost was $29/year for 1TB HDD and 1GB RAM and a single vCPU core.
I use that server mainly for backup for my other server files, and it did a good job on that task ...
The 1TB HDD capacity were insane for it price..
But oh boy the execution time of almost every single command I sent were terrible,
especially package manager yum search/install ..
e.g to search for the package p7zip it tokes
real 0m29.546s
my other VPS it was.
real 0m1.392s

I really don't need to do any other benchmarks since firewall-cmd take a lot of time to response ( 9.714s vs 0.351s ) 27.7x slower than my other VPS..

I know it's almost impossible to find such a good deal, and I was lucky enough to find it still in stock, but I kinda feel disappointed with vCPU performance,
not a big of deal for me, but it bit annoying to wait 9 seconds for firewalld to response for one command

Comments

• wow that sounds terrible but I guess you get what you pay for? I am thinking of purchasing the same plan

• you should open a ticket they will happily move you to a better node or look into it(at least they did for me)

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • @jugganuts said: you should open a ticket they will happily move you to a better node

Honesty for now I'm not complaining too much, what's important to me is network speed and backup script not failing, If I found it too annoying I'll tell them about it,

• remyremy Member
    edited November 2023

I have a similar experience with almost all the low-cost storage VPS.
    Never tested servarica though.
    And for me, network speed isn't important if it's the disk that's slowing things down.
    What's important is the speed at which I can transfer large files.
    I'd have to test some mid-range providers...

Hetzner's storage boxes are good value for money, more stable than a lot of other solutions.

• Your vCPU issue is probably from iowait due to the very normal HDD speeds. I have an SSD-cached Storage VPS elsewhere with a single thread as well and it performs decent.

I recommend going with plans that have an NVMe/SSD boot drive though. Like servarica's Chameleon Hybrid SSD.
    https://servarica.com/all-offers/

Thanked by 2raindog308 dev_vps
  • look for RAID10 storage providers like greencloudvps.