Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warning - Nixstats is abandonware
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Warning - Nixstats is abandonware

AllHost_RepAllHost_Rep Member, Patron Provider
edited November 2023 in General

Preface: I think the features offered by Nixstats were great. It's almost perfect for monitoring hosting servers without too much effort, ready-to-use plugins to get extra stats for MySQL, LiteSpeed, Exim, etc.

So much so that I actually took out a trial of 360 Monitoring by Webpros and was ready to pay Webpros pricing. Sadly they didn't support Almalinux 9 or Debian 12 so that's a no go.

(Nixstats sold to Webpros around March 2021, Webpros have their own, almost identical, version named 360 Monitoring)

Now, to the point. Nixstats billing support doesn't exist and their billing automation is seemingly incapable of taking the correct funds from the payment method stored on the account. Payments are taken automatically each month but there's always a small amount left overdue which requires manual payment. The transaction fees for such payments are higher than the remaining payment amount itself.

This first happened in June, I paid it, thinking "mistakes happen".
It happened again in July at which point I contacted them on Livechat, no response.
I email again in August, no response. I started moving to another monitoring solution at that point.
I email again last month, no response.
Now, when I try to remove all servers and cancel my plan, the option to cancel and remove payment method doesn't actually work either.

Anyways, the point of this thread is to let you know to take this into consideration if you're thinking of using Nixstats for anything higher than their free plan.

Comments

• JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

@AllHost_Rep said:

Preface: I think the features offered by Nixstats were great. It's almost perfect for monitoring hosting servers without too much effort, ready-to-use plugins to get extra stats for MySQL, LiteSpeed, Exim, etc.

So much so that I actually took out a trial of 360 Monitoring by Webpros and was ready to pay Webpros pricing. Sadly they didn't support Almalinux 9 or Debian 12 so that's a no go.

(Nixstats sold to Webpros around March 2021, Webpros have their own, almost identical, version named 360 Monitoring)

Now, to the point. Nixstats billing support doesn't exist and their billing automation is seemingly incapable of taking the correct funds from the payment method stored on the account. Payments are taken automatically each month but there's always a small amount left overdue which requires manual payment. The transaction fees for such payments are higher than the remaining payment amount itself.

This first happened in June, I paid it, thinking "mistakes happen".
    It happened again in July at which point I contacted them on Livechat, no response.
    I email again in August, no response. I started moving to another monitoring solution at that point.
    I email again last month, no response.
    Now, when I try to remove all servers and cancel my plan, the option to cancel and remove payment method doesn't actually work either.

Anyways, the point of this thread is to let you know to take this into consideration if you're thinking of using Nixstats for anything higher than their free plan.

Nixstats & vincent used to be great now its just really a load of spam , we stopped using about 6 months back but they still send invoice reminders even though we emailed there billing team to cancel it all , in the end we just blocked there email address as they dont reply to anything

hetrixtools is preety good if your looking for a alternative, thats the monitoring tool we moved over too :)

• nixstats still abuses my website. someone had put http monitoring pointing my site. I had contacted nixstats 2 years ago, no one replied. I had to block them via user-agent on cloudflare. Still I see their logs hitting my site but blocked!

the sooner they swtich-off their spammy bot and the whole service, the better!

• Typical webpros acquisition - they're concentrating on 360monitoring.com instead.