Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to bypass Youtube Anti Ad-Block
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to bypass Youtube Anti Ad-Block

Many people are still unfamiliar with how to counter YouTube's anti-adblock measures. I'll share a solution here for desktop Chrome/Firefox users. Instead of relying on uBlock Origin, which can be inconsistent even after clearing caches and updating multiple times, it seems that uBlock Origin's code lags behind YouTube updates, causing it to sometimes fail. As an alternative, consider using https://adskipper.me/, which has proven to be quite effective.

Unlike traditional ad-blockers, adskipper.me doesn't block ads; instead, it runs them in the background and automatically clicks "skip" for you. This way, when you play a video, you won't see the ads because they are skipped immediately. The only drawback is that it only blocks ads within the video itself, so sponsored ads like this may still appear, but they are less intrusive, so I find it tolerable.

For Android mobile users, there are several alternatives available. Revanced is still a viable option, especially if you need to use it with your Google account. Alternatively, NewPipe or hosting your own/public instance of Invidious is currently the best choice.

For apple users, If you can afford Apple devices, consider buying the premium version to contribute to covering their bandwidth costs. This way, you support the platform while enjoying an ad-free experience. :)

Comments

• Just buy the YouTube Family Plan that comes with 5 device cost 2.5$ in India and everyone in my home is on the Family plan and enjoy an ad-free stream. So almost 0.5$ for each device if you get a premium and share with friends to cut costs. Instead using any 3rd party app to inspect your traffic.

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • just proxy it through your idle russian server

• @asthen said: As an alternative, consider using https://adskipper.me/, which has proven to be quite effective.

New extension, not open source, can read all data. Not ready to take a leap of faith.

@asthen said: uBlock Origin, which can be inconsistent even after clearing caches and updating multiple times

It's not inconsistent, devs need time to fix it whenever YouTube updates their source so obviously it won't be instantaneous.

@asthen said: For apple users, If you can afford Apple devices, consider buying the premium version to contribute to covering their bandwidth costs. This way, you support the platform while enjoying an ad-free experience.

lol

• uBlock + Firefox, never faced any issue. Was not aware of the YouTube ad thingy untill read it somewhere.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

I think I've seen it once, and never since. Always connected to VPN (IncogVPN) and always using either FF, LibreWolf, or Brave. Also using UBlock in the browser.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2023

Any WAREZ guys? Some cracks&serialz? How about installing Windows XP in tiny free KVM boxes?

IMO, you don't like ads, pay the fee or don't watch it.
    Simple.

I am not google or corporatist apologizer, far from it, but there are alternatives, I don't like google for other reasons and I am even hosting my own docs, you can watch anonymously with VPN and without saving anything on the disk to protect your data, but advertising is legit, it always was.

• Once you learn to refresh the quick fixes filter on uBlock Origin you're pretty set to avoid ads on Youtube again.

• EthernetServersEthernetServers Member, Patron Provider

Firefox & uBlock does the job perfectly for me - no ads at all on YouTube.

Thanked by 2JasonM TerenceCooper
  • Brave works for me

• @asthen said: Unlike traditional ad-blockers, adskipper.me doesn't block ads; instead, it runs them in the background and automatically clicks "skip" for you.

I'm very stingy with regard to used traffic especially ads on YouTube.
    So, thanks but no thanks.

• @niranjan said:
    uBlock + Firefox, never faced any issue. Was not aware of the YouTube ad thingy untill read it somewhere.

+1 for ublock origin

Thanked by 1TerenceCooper
  • @BigDongLong said:
    just proxy it through your idle russian server

how does russian server deal with google ads?

• @blackhiden said:

@BigDongLong said:

Might be that Google doesn't want to get in trouble with the Russian government so they don't show western ads to Russian IPs? It might be more of a political reason.

• SebekVPSSebekVPS Member, Patron Provider

@blackhiden said:

@BigDongLong said:

google has forbidden showing any adverts for russia, so there is simply nothing to show.

Thanked by 1lovelyserver
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Maounique said:
    Any WAREZ guys? Some cracks&serialz? How about installing Windows XP in tiny free KVM boxes?

I offer NT 4.0 in tiny free KVM boxes.
    @tinyweasel

• davidedavide Member
    edited November 2023

@Maounique said:
    IMO, you don't like ads, pay the fee or don't watch it.
    Simple.

Thank you for your service, sir. I always wondered who paid the bills :D

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • I always used uBlock, but wanted it on my TV so from a tip on reddit, VPN'd through Ukraine and subscribed to YT Premium for $1/month

• RosebelleRosebelle Member
    edited November 2023

ublock origin + https://github.com/NullDev/YT-Anti-Anti-Adblock

0 ads, no youtube popup.

• thanks for your share

• 0xbkt0xbkt Member
    edited November 2023

AdGuard for Chrome does it for me. Just set filter update interval to 1 hour.

• @bikrama said:
    Just buy the YouTube Family Plan that comes with 5 device cost 2.5$ in India and everyone in my home is on the Family plan and enjoy an ad-free stream. So almost 0.5$ for each device if you get a premium and share with friends to cut costs. Instead using any 3rd party app to inspect your traffic.

Didn't they patch this? I think you need a India CC.

I bought YT Premium over a year ago with an Argentinian VPN and pay $1,11 per month. Thankfully the CC is valid till late 2025.

• Don't get detected and never have been.

uBlock Origin + Chrome.

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • @Wicked said:

@bikrama said:
    Just buy the YouTube Family Plan that comes with 5 device cost 2.5$ in India and everyone in my home is on the Family plan and enjoy an ad-free stream. So almost 0.5$ for each device if you get a premium and share with friends to cut costs. Instead using any 3rd party app to inspect your traffic.

I bought YT Premium over a year ago with an Argentinian VPN and pay $1,11 per month. Thankfully the CC is valid till late 2025.

Yes, you will need Indian CC for that, virtual cards won't work I guess.

I live in India and the YouTube Premium price here is like $4.5 yearly per user if you buy a family plan, so 6 users pay $4.5 each per year, pretty good price no need to avoid paying by using some extension as it is so cheap.

• titustitus Member
    edited November 2023

The simple AdBlock plugin for Chrome works great for me. They update their solutions very fast.
    https://getadblock.com
    uBlock users can check this status page (I think, it's not official):
    https://drhyperion451.github.io/does-uBO-bypass-yt/

• @anubhavhirani said:

@Wicked said:

@bikrama said:

Yes, you will need Indian CC for that, virtual cards won't work I guess.

I live in India and the YouTube Premium price here is like $4.5 yearly per user if you buy a family plan, so 6 users pay $4.5 each per year, pretty good price no need to avoid paying by using some extension as it is so cheap.

Yes, I never like to use any 3rd party addon that will inspect my traffic, You never know what data they collect.

• @EthernetServers said: Firefox & uBlock does the job perfectly for me

extacly same here. I don't see any ads on YT

• For Android TV/boxes, there is SmartTube app https://github.com/yuliskov/SmartTube
    along with the ad-blocking itself, it has a SponsorBlock integration.

anyways, for me UI is not quite user-friendly (though it's pretty much customizable), so I'd rather somehow block the ads in the original player...

• listerine90listerine90 Member
    edited November 2023

had been using ublock for years now but never had the anti adblock thing. It did appear for a couple of days but it disappeared now.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2023

A little offtopic, but, since you are experts in ad-blocking and don't want to open new topic:

I use Opera with some 50 tabs open for my daily stuff and, at some point a few months ago, some sites complained about me blocking their ads. I have followed all instructions and, to my knowledge, there is no ad-blocker enabled and Opera is set to allow, still the problem persists and some ads (not many and only on some sites, like news sites, the ones within the columns, not the footer/header/left/right) are clearly blocked since I see blank placeholders.
    Any Opera expert in here to help?
    Thanks.

• Im using smartube for my android tv too.