Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

-- B L A C K F R I D A Y -- by LETs #1 TOP PROVIDER RackNerd! - HUNDREDS OF GIVEAWAYS! COME GET SOME - Page 460
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

-- B L A C K F R I D A Y -- by LETs #1 TOP PROVIDER RackNerd! - HUNDREDS OF GIVEAWAYS! COME GET SOME

Comments

• PAGE 460;

• A new one for me: In 1994, the company that had a patent on GIFs tried to charge a fee for using GIFS. The PNG was invented as an alternative, and the company backed down.

• @tuc said:

good night :)

Good night sweet dreams!

• Cult fact: The Caudron C.450 and C.460 were French racing aircraft built to participate in the Coupe Deutsch de la Meurthe race of 1934.

• Cult fact: iPhone 14 pro display comes with a resolution of 2556×1179 pixels at 460 pixels per inch.

• Random fact: Mercury and Venus are the only two planets in our solar system that do not have any moons.

• Verify this: “Opposites attract” is a common myth. People are actually attracted to people who look like family members or those with a similar personality type.

• Doubtful: Birds are the closest living relatives of crocodilians, as well as the descendants of extinct dinosaurs with feathers. This makes them the only surviving dinosaurs.

• What happens when God is with you? this: A man with severe OCD and a phobia of germs attempted to commit suicide with a gun to his head. Instead of killing him, the bullet eliminated his mental illness without any other damage.

• I always feel like....somebody's watching me

• Fact: There is a statue of Tesla in Silicon Valley that radiates free Wi-Fi. It was done as an homage to his vision for wireless communication.

• @sycot said:
    I always feel like....somebody's watching me

Creepy or soothing? if creepy call for help if soothing just lay low and sleep.

• LOLed Fact: In order to protest the high tariffs enforced by a U.K. censorship board, a filmmaker sent in a 10-hour “movie” of white paint drying. They had to watch the entire film.

• Fact: There are only two countries in the world that have the color purple in their flags: Nicaragua and Dominica. And guess there's gonna be a third one named after racknerd and it's purple daddy :lol:

• The unicorn is the national animal of Scotland. It was apparently chosen because of its connection with dominance and chivalry as well as purity and innocence in Celtic mythology.

• Dear Sir or Madam,
    I would like to double the bandwidth.
    Order Number: 6193753018
    Invoice ID: 8946276
    Thank you very much and have a nice day!

• Competitive art used to be an Olympic sport. Between 1912 and 1948, the international sporting events awarded medals for music, painting, sculpture and architecture. Shame it didn't catch on, the famous pottery scene in Ghost could have won an Olympic medal as well as an Academy Award for the best screenplay.

• In 2014, there was a Tinder match in Antarctica. Two research scientists matched on the global dating app in the most remote part of the world - a man working at the United States Antarctic McMurdo Station and a woman camping a 45-minute helicopter ride away. What are the chances?!

• There’s only one letter that doesn’t appear in any American state name. There's a Z in Arizona and an X in Texas, but no Q in any of them.

• There's a fruit that tastes like chocolate pudding. Can we get in on this? Apparently, there's a fruit native to Central and South America called black sapote that tastes like chocolate and sweet custard.

• Pigeons can tell the difference between Picasso and Monet. What?! A 1995 study shows that the birds can differentiate between the two artists.

• Hello, I would like to double the bandwidth.
    Order: 2429102168
    Thanks a lot!

• The moon has moonquakes. They happen due to tidal stresses connected to the distance between the moon and the Earth.

• Humans are the only animals that blush. Apparently, we're also the only animals that experience embarrassment, too. This is because it's a complex emotion that involves understanding other people's opinions.

• Another LOLed one: Disney sold the streaming rights for the original Star Wars films in 2016 to Turner until 2024. Disney has since decided to start a streaming service and has tried asking for the rights back, but Turner refuses every time.

• The Eiffel Tower was originally intended for Barcelona. The Spanish city thought it was too ugly, so Gustave Eiffel pitched it to Paris instead. French critics weren't too thrilled either, but it's one of the most famous landmarks in the world today.

• Dolphins have names for one another. According to National Geographic, dolphins use a unique whistle to distinguish between different members in their pod.

• Number fact: 12% of the world’s total languages are found in Papua New Guinea, which has over 820 indigenous languages. There are more languages on this island than in any other country.

• =There are more than 1,000 types of bananas growing in the world. These can then be divided into 50 categories

• The shortest commercial flight in the world is in Scotland. Regional airline Loganair flies between the islands Westray and Papa Westray. The journey is just 1.7 miles and takes 90 seconds.