Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adguard is basically free now
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Adguard is basically free now

https://www.stacksocial.com/sales/adguard-personal-plan-lifetime-subscription

This is a really good deal. I use adguard on my phone and love it. I appreciate the fact that you can add your own proxy (HTTPS/socks) on top of it, so you can vpn certain apps if you want as well on a single app.

The ad blocking is top notch.

$12 for lifetime is basically free.

Comments

• Nice. There's also a lifetime family plan with 9 devices for $16.97.

• Is it better than uBlock Origin? Is it able to block Youtube "you are using ads blocker" message?

Thanked by 1ehab
  • @LTniger said:
    Is it better than uBlock Origin? Is it able to block Youtube "you are using ads blocker" message?

i am interested to know if it blocks ad on youtube.
    if you get an answer please ping me

thanks in advance

• @LTniger said: Is it better than uBlock Origin?

It is because Adguard is from Russia.

Thanked by 1Levi
  • I never got any ads on Youtube. Maybe it's regional or Google just likes my Falkon browser.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@ehab said: i am interested to know if it blocks ad on youtube

Have you checked out Piped or Invidious?

Thanked by 1ehab
  • For how much Brave for Android may suck, it blocks ads on Youtube and allows background playback.

• @LTniger said:
    Is it better than uBlock Origin? Is it able to block Youtube "you are using ads blocker" message?

Pretty sure Adguard is DNS-based, DNS-based adblockers can't block these types of things, they can only block whole domains

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@MallocVoidstar said:

@LTniger said:

Pretty sure Adguard is DNS-based, DNS-based adblockers can't block these types of things, they can only block whole domains

AdGuard has many different tools, and their apps provide the most extensive blocking form available, by intercepting and filtering traffic.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@ehab said:

@LTniger said:

thanks in advance

https://pastebin.com/raw/XVApjrqY

Thanked by 2ehab BBTN
  • Dns based blocking is on my rpi. No need for asguard than.

• AdGuard Plus as free browser addon working just fine for many years.

• @DP said:

@ehab said: i am interested to know if it blocks ad on youtube

Have you checked out Piped or Invidious?

no i haven't. I need something to setup for kids on tv, so if i will check those if they have dns feature.

• Maybe I'm out of the loop, what is wrong with uBlock Origin? It blocks ads on YT for me.

@jenkki said:
    AdGuard Plus as free browser addon working just fine for many years.

AdGuard Plus does not exist. Adblock Plus is an extension owned by an advertising company.

@FatGrizzly said:

@ehab said:

@LTniger said:

thanks in advance

One should not set up custom filters as they can interfere with efforts by blocklist authors. This is official advice from the uBlock Origin team.

• @FatGrizzly said:

@ehab said:

@LTniger said:

thanks in advance

this is interesting .... i wonder if i can make a proxy and update the pages as above.
    Thanks

• @Nyr said: Adblock Plus

Yes, correct. Just typo.

They block YouTube ads very well. Not much be able to do that.

@jenkki said:

@Nyr said: Adblock Plus

Yes, correct. Just typo.

They block YouTube ads very well. Not much be able to do that.

"They" don't block YouTube ads. They use third party blocklists which are also used by other blockers such as uBlock Origin.

• @Nyr said: "They" don't block YouTube ads. They use third party blocklists which are also used by other blockers such as uBlock Origin.

I didn't cares what they use. Product works very well and you can donate if you like.

@jenkki said:

@Nyr said: "They" don't block YouTube ads. They use third party blocklists which are also used by other blockers such as uBlock Origin.

I didn't cares what they use. Product works very well and you can donate if you like.

It would be crazy to donate considering they are funded (among others) by Google themselves, in exchange of allowing ads from their "donators" a free pass.

• @Nyr said: It would be crazy to donate considering they are funded (among others) by Google themselves

Well, that's your personal choice.

I remember back in the day - AdMuncher

• Check out ahadns, it's free.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

ublock origin does the job fine for me.

• Nextdns.io is free and good.

• That adguard license is for the app i think? At least on Android its mitm, gotta install a root certificate. Not going to install a random root cert on my phone.

Adguardhome is still free. Obviously gotta self manage everything and won't be as thorough as local mitm proxy but its good enough for me.

Thanked by 1Daniel15
  • Ha, ha.... AdMuncher are free for now. Well done.

• davidedavide Member
    edited November 2023

@Arkas said:
    ublock origin does the job fine for me.

Yes I don't fucking get all this commotion about ad blockers.

Burp.

• @LTniger said:
    Dns based blocking is on my rpi. No need for asguard than.

that doesn't work when you're out and about on mobile connection unless you have some convoluted wireguard setup to go back home for your dns queries

adguard on phone works well to get rid of ads no matter where you are, well worth the price just for that

• @LTniger said:
    Dns based blocking is on my rpi. No need for asguard than.

Every one needs their own asgard