Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Databasebydesignllc going out of business december 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Databasebydesignllc going out of business december 8

Hello,

Due to economic conditions and ongoing industry consolidation into major cloud providers we have made the hard decision to spin down operations at Database By Design, LLC. We will be ceasing all network operations at midnight (EST) December 8thth 2023. We understand this comes as a shock and surprise to many of our customers. Our support team will remain available over the next 30-days to assist with any technical questions or concerns you may have. Effective immediately all recurring payments have been cancelled. Pro-rated refunds will be processed within 60 days for any services that were pre-paid past December 8th 2023. We highly recommend customers begin their migration to another host as soon as possible. We greatly appreciate the years of business and it has been a pleasure serving your hosting needs.

Database By Design, LLC
phone/fax: 866.488.7770

Any refugee offers ?

Thanked by 1Dustlab

Comments

• It is always sad to see an old provider to close their doors.

• acidpukeacidpuke Member
    edited November 2023

I have had them forever .. just got the email this morning I've had one of there July 4 $17.76 E3-1270 servers from years ago.. probably been my best uptime with any provider to date. Sad to see them fold up.

At least there giving a heads up to move data off.

• RHCHostingRHCHosting Member, Host Rep

Hello @tbs, which offers/configs are you looking for? We may be able to help.

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@acidpuke said:
    I have had them forever .. just got the email this morning I've had one of there July 4 $17.76 E3-1270 servers from years ago.. probably been my best uptime with any provider to date. Sad to see them fold up.

At least there giving a heads up to move data off.

It's going to be tough to sustain these prices with all the data center price increases.

Thanked by 1ThracianDog
  • daemon97daemon97 Member
    edited November 2023

@MrRadic said:
    It's going to be tough to sustain these prices with all the data center price increases.

The reality is, a colocation provider like Equinix is no more of a landlord than an apartment owner like Greystar, or maybe a rent-and-sublease firm like WeWork or hotel firms. If land becomes more expensive to rent, the services also go up in cost.

I don't see how colocation is different than apartments when you look at the bottom line: they're all real estate companies. It's just that colo providers are also IT firms whereas Greystar, WeWork, Hilton, Trump, et al. aren't (although WeWork tried and failed).

And if land becomes more expensive to own/lease, the customers get screwed. Millennials and Gen Z are getting screwed by landlords, and hosts are getting screwed by colo providers and their landlords/banks.