Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My internetport vps review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My internetport vps review

Hello all i recently purchased a vps 4gb kvm vps from internetport sweden for hosting my woocommerce site , and i am posting this after using thier service for almost a week now.
i wanted to shift my hosting from amazon free tier aws to some other provider and was looking for a good alternative as my site was loading super slow coz of low ram and cpu configuration , i throwed my wish to the universe asking for good cpu and high ram but low cost vps and sat in a dark server room hoping to get a ping from the vps lords :D jokes apart i was looking to host my website in eu region as my most traffic is from there so i came across this internetport company based in sweden . I liked thier offers which are very reasonable if you compare to the other services out there .

Before i took thier service i wanted to make sure about some technical things so i hit them up on thier live chat , My expereinces with other vps providers support were horrible either they want you to email them and they say they get back after ages , or some bot answering repeated questions . all they do is take your email and get back with cookie cutter reply . So naturally my expectation with internetport support chat was the same but to my suprise i was greeted by a live person can you believe it!! . and he wasnt just a normal rep but he had damm good technical knowledge and most of all patience. I asked them several questions and they even suggested me vps based on my preferences.

My website was hosted on aws and i had traffic everyday and i didnt know how reliable this service was but the person cleared all my doubts so i took a chance and purchased the vps i thought heck whats there to loose just 5 bucks if the service is bad i can shift back to aws . I signed up and a vps was provisioned with in minutes .

They have a wonderfull and simple Dashbord from which you can manage all your services. I am not a technical person so the simple navigation is what i look for when provisioning vps to being online, i have used several vps providers from contabo , digital ocean , gcp,aws . the only ones which standout in terms of simplicity were digital ocean and internetport everyone else looks too complicated #my opinion .

i shifted my website from aws to internetport in matter of minutes from a backup. The speed was good . My previous pagespeed score with aws for my website was around 60-70 , where as with internetport it was above 80 huge imporvement with tffb too.

i ran into a ssh issue while connecting to my server but again the live support staff was very helpfull in resolving it . you can reprovision the vps with different os any time you wish.

the downside of the service in my opinion is the documentation in english language , they have only some articles in the knowledgbase but for people like me who arent technical it would help alot if they had articles about connecting to thier server with putty or mac terminal a step by step guide etc although the support person did a great job it would be nice if they had some articles . overall the service is superb comapred to other similar one like contabo , digital ocean etc

Thanked by 1Not_Oles

Comments

• Hello,

please provide proper documentation to suplement your claims.

• Redacted last paid invoice;
    • Redacted last sales or technical ticket screenshot;
    • YABS.

Without this, review triggers shill detector and you got a problem...

• imzshaimzsha Member
    edited November 2023

here is the invoice redactedhttps://postimg.cc/TKjLQ3QP

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • gbzret4dgbzret4d Member
    edited November 2023

Still if it might be an honest review, i cant take it serious cause of such postings:
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/185147/ambassadors-to-internetport/

@LTniger how is your review trigger doing atm?

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • @gbzret4d said:
    Still if it might be an honest review, i cant take it serious cause of such postings:

Document provided, no reason for doubt.

• @gbzret4d said:

I agree that that was a pretty pointless post/thread by the provider, but the service that the provider offers may be good nevertheless, which appears to be the OP's experience

Thanked by 1gbzret4d
  • @LTniger said:

@gbzret4d said:

There's also at least one respect in which the OP's review isn't typical of a shill's review, namely, there's no link given anywhere to the provider

• @angstrom said:

@LTniger said:

@gbzret4d said:

There's also at least one respect in which the OP's review isn't typical of a shill's review, namely, there's no link given anywhere to the provider

Link is no indicator. Shill in general designed to lure victims into research of said provider, poison their minds. That is disgusting behavior.

The yellow signal here is that there is no negative points. Everything is positive which is not very realistic.

• InternetPort is a well-known ISP in Sweden. They themselves likely won't spend their time shilling.

However, could absolutely be someone that took up on their linked offer, but I mean, ADTAQ did the same thing bascially, "say we're good and get a month free"-kind of thing. If you truly like the provider and their services, it's not that bad.. but you should be transparent about it of course.

Thanked by 2yoursunny sasslik
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

Internetport has been very easy to work with on FreeVPS.org. Helpful, friendly, relaxed, down-to-earth. More helpful and more friendly than many providers. One thing that especially impressed me was that they weren't at all trying to show off. They just quietly do their part really well while keeping in touch appropriately. Personally, I recommend Internetport very highly. I agree with the OP.

Thanked by 2imzsha gbzret4d
  • @LTniger said:

@angstrom said:

@LTniger said:

@gbzret4d said:

Link is no indicator. Shill in general designed to lure victims into research of said provider, poison their minds. That is disgusting behavior.

The yellow signal here is that there is no negative points. Everything is positive which is not very realistic.

sorry i am not an expert when it comes to hosting or vps stuff , i run a ecommerce website and i found this forum while i was researching vps , i have tried numerous service providers in the same price range like linode ,digital ocean , etc but all i got for 5 bucks were low ram options which didnt work well for me . i moved for a bit to contabo all though they are very good thier inital charges like setup fee and hard to navigate dashboard and high tffb made me switch to free tier aws , my site was working fine for low traffic on aws but i had to shift to a high ram vps due to sudden spike in traffic .

the only option i had was to go back to contabo and pay the setup fee again , i was looking for a better alternative i dont know how i found about this service i think it was through same forum , i had never heard of them but for 5 buck i was getting the configuration i was after so i took the risk and opted for a plan . And then i have said rest in my review. I did point out cons like the documentation and stuff and i honestly dont know what else to provide as i said for my use case everything is smooth till now, there are services like these who dont get notice in the sea of giants thats why i posted my review may be it will help some one like me