Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Paypal emails missing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Paypal emails missing

Am I the only one not getting paypal emails anymore?

Paypal Status does not report any problems.

Comments

• Nope got all my paypal emails today just fine.

Thanked by 1OhJohn
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

As of yesterday, I can see mails from PayPal, for receipts, payments made and payments received.

Have not checked today though.

Thanked by 1OhJohn
  • RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

It could be your email provider blocking emails from PayPal?

Thanked by 1OhJohn
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I’m getting far more of them than I desire to

Thanked by 1OhJohn
  • @RIYAD said: It could be your email provider blocking emails from PayPal?

Yeah, and digging into this sounds like way more work than just a "paypal is having problems today, I also don't get emails". But it seems as if I'll have to go that road.

• Ok, PayPal is having quite a mail queue. They just sent out those mails ~ 12 hours late.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2023

@OhJohn said:
    Ok, PayPal is having quite a mail queue. They just sent out those mails ~ 12 hours late.

It sounds like either:

1. Your mail server is doing some greylisting
    2. Your mail server was inaccessible from theirs for several hours

I would suggest that it wasn’t an issue on the PayPal side just because I don’t see any evidence of them having one recently in logs. Doesn’t much matter right now but it might be relevant if you see this as a continuing trend.

Thanked by 1OhJohn
  • I've noticed that before on outlook/hotmail. Receive or send a payment and get a notice a solid 8 hours later.

• Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited November 2023

@jar said:
    I’m getting far more of them than I desire to

Or if it's people attempting chargebacks for "fraud" months after the fact..

Thanked by 1jar
  • OhJohnOhJohn Member
    edited November 2023

@jar: yes, the mail server is doing some greylisting, but paypal is whitelisted (and the greylisting is not blocking for 12 hours). And in regard to 2) other mail addresses using the same mailserver got emails from PayPal (and I would expect a batch of mails if 2) would be the case but instead they just come ~ 12 hours late from transaction time each). So while I'm not inside those 1000s of mail queues at Paypal, I'd still rather assume that one of their queues got bogged. But as I'm not on the shell of either their servers nor on the mail server, and as I don't want to start with 1st level support at PP I will just have to wait 12 hours for each mail to come until it will get better again..

Thanked by 1jar